Quiet and peaceful with no traffic lights or nightclubs, there’s nowhere else quite like Harkers Island, North Carolina. Home of the Cape Lookout National Seashore Headquarters, Harkers Island is the closest point for excursions by ferry or your own boat to Cape Lookout National Seashore and Shackleford Banks. When you stay at this delightful waterfront Harkers Island vacation rental cottage, you’ll experience the best of this remarkably unique destination!
Offering 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and enough room to sleep up to 5 guests comfortably throughout 1,400 square feet of tastefully appointed living space, this simple cottage is a boater’s and fisherman's dream - this waterfront property sits on a canal with private boat ramp, boat basin and private dock, allowing you to easily launch your boat and kayaks on the boat ramp and keep them at your private dock right in the backyard. Simply wake up in the morning and go! This setup is perfect for the guys who just want to hang out and fish, as well as for families who enjoy fishing, boating, clamming, kayaking, nature, and spending time at Cape Lookout.
Inside, the cottage comes with all the amenities you need to feel as comfortable as possible during your stay, including an in-unit washer and dryer, air conditioning and heat, cozy Franklin stove, and a fully equipped kitchen with microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, and all the other essential cooking appliances. A TV with VCR/DVD player and a VCR tape/DVD library are provided for your entertainment needs, along with a radio and CD player. A large screened-in porch overlooks the yard, canal and dock area, serving as a wonderful spot to unwind after an eventful day of Harkers Island excursions. Look forward to relaxing and enjoying nature on this spacious screened-in porch, featuring a table and chairs. Sit back and watch the cardinals, wrens, bluebirds, kingfishers, hummingbirds, ducks and woodpeckers in the early mornings with your breakfast and coffee, or in the late afternoons with cocktails and dinner.
From this cottage, you’ll have the best of Harkers Island right at your fingertips! Only 2 miles away is the public beach and fishing pier by the bridge. Take your own boat or the Cape Lookout National Park Ferry Service over to the southern Outer Banks/Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse, where you’ll find 50 miles of unspoiled, uncrowded beaches. Plus, Cape Lookout Lighthouse is now open to the public to climb!
Visit the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center located at the end of the island, featuring a great widow’s watch to oversee the beautiful view to the Cape Lookout Lighthouse. See the wild ponies on Shackleford Banks, or perhaps even nesting loggerhead turtles. Embark on a fun day trip from Cedar Point to Ocracoke Island by making reservations on the NC Ferry System. Venture just 30 minutes from the property to visit historic and quaint Beaufort, the home of Blackbeard the pirate, where you can explore the Maritime Museum, stroll along the boardwalk, and browse charming shops and restaurants. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time during your North Carolina escape, this terrific Harkers Island vacation rental cottage will not disappoint!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen (currently no working dishwasher), private boat ramp, boat basin, private dock right in the backyard, large screened-in porch, in-unit washer/dryer, air conditioning, heat, TV (no cable or WIFI) with VCR/DVD player, VCR tape/DVD library, radio/CD player, charcoal grill available, portacrib and booster seat for toddlers, and much more
- Outstanding waterfront location on a serene canal! Perfect for travelers who enjoy fishing, boating, clamming, kayaking, nature, and water activities
- Easy access to the public beach, Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse, NC Ferry System, museums, shops, restaurants, and numerous other attractions!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin-sized Bed
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Strict maximum occupancy of 5 guests, no exceptions
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply