If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, Townsend, Tennessee is the ideal destination for you! Locally known as “the peaceful side of the Smokies,” this charming town boasts immense natural beauty, a friendly atmosphere, and an abundance of outdoor activities. Come experience the best of Townsend from this phenomenal custom mountain home! Bear’s Den is approximely 25 miles of scenic travel from Gatlinburg and 18 miles from Pigeon Forge, the shopper’s haven of East Tennessee, and only a scenic 35 minutes from the Knoxville airport (TYS).
Welcome to “Bear’s Den Lodge,” a rustic 5-bedroom, 5-bathroom custom home, nestled on 9 wooded acres atop the Smoky Mountains. As soon as you first arrive, you’ll fall in love with this luxurious mountain home's recently renovated interior, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, gorgeous hardwood floors, and tasteful decor throughout 5,000 square feet of beautifully appointed living space. Here, you’ll find a everything you need to feel as comfortable as possible, including wireless internet access, washer and dryer, and wheelchair accessibility with a ramp that allows access to the lower level. The home's lovely bedrooms serve as tranquil retreats, each complete with plush Jamison mattresses and private decks, where you can enjoy stunning views of Mount LeConte and Clingman's Dome. Impressive bathrooms extend off 4 of the bedrooms, featuring granite countertops, travertine tiles, and walk-in showers. After a memorable day in the great outdoors, prepare a delicious home-cooked meal in the fully equipped kitchen while the kids play in the detached game room. Later, settle down with a good book in a chair on the screened porch. On Sunday nights, curl up by the fireplace in the tremendous great room and watch football on the flat screen TV. Throughout your stay, you’ll also get to enjoy access to the community’s pool (during warm weather months) and spacious private workout facility with grand mountain views. It simply doesn’t get better than this!
You certainly won’t have to venture far from this property to enjoy exceptional outdoor recreation and easy mountain access! Golf enthusiasts will be delighted by a game of 18 holes at the breathtaking Laurel Valley Golf Course, a mere 2-minute drive from the cabin. For a day of outdoor adventure, head out on a 10 minute drive to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where you can hike and bike through the pristine Cades Cove loop and spectacular Abrams Falls trail. During the summer, you’ll love spending time on the river, fishing for trout, or tubing with the Smoky Mountain River Rat Company. When you find yourself at the base of the mountains, spend an afternoon riding roller coasters and attending festivals with your family at Dollywood theme park. Be sure to save some time for shopping, as Pigeon Forge is just a short drive away and offers several outlet malls and specialty shops. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time during your stay in Townsend, you’re bound to have a once-in-a-lifetime getaway at this incredible vacation rental cabin!
Key Residence Features:
- You’ll enjoy serenity and complete relaxation at this cabin which dead ends into 9 private acres
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, fireplace, multiple decks, wireless internet access, flat screen TV with NFL Sunday Ticket subscription, in-unit washer/dryer, and access to a community pool and workout facility
- Prime location! Less than 1 mile from Smoky Mountain National Park and Laurel Valley Golf Course, and close to shopping, restaurants, and Dollywood
- Master Bedroom (Alum Cave): King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Rocky Top): King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (Cades Cove): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4 (Chimneys): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Bedroom 5 (Abrams Creek): King-sized Bed
- 6 Sleeping Cots in the Game Room can accommodate extra guests
- 2 Full-sized Air Mattresses can also accommodate extra guests
- No smoking anywhere on the premises. A $400 fine will be imposted if this policy is violated.
- No pets allowed
- No parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- 4 GB of free Wifi is included! If you need/want more, it's $10/per GB and you will need to arrange this with the home owner before your check-in.
- Additional fees and taxes may apply