Renovations are Underway, Winter 2016!
Take a break from the real world and regain your senses with a vacation on “Top of the Dune” at The Wild Dunes Resort. Newly renovated (Winter 2016) #6 Fairway Dunes is uniquely positioned on top of an ancient sand dune in the spectacular Resort Community at the Northeast end of the Isle of Palms and features three bedrooms with three full baths. With views of the famous Wild Dunes Links Golf Course, “Top of the Dune” is ideally located across Palmetto Drive with an easy beach access walk yards away! In addition to the quick walk to the beach, #6 Fairway Dunes has access to the Fairway Dunes neighborhood pool and tennis courts. These are wonderful amenities not offered in most of the communities in the Resort.
Over the past six months, #6 Fairway Dunes has been undergoing a major renovation. Improvements include the following:
• New hardwood floors throughout property (except stairs for safety)
• New interior paint
• Wainscoting installation in living room, hall and staircase
• Installation of new flat ceiling (popcorn ceiling removed)
• New kitchen tile and updated cabinets
• New televisions
• Many new or reupholster furniture
Your family will find the interior of “Top of the Dune” delightful! The living area, dining area, and kitchen are located on the first level. Highlighted by hardwood floors, the lower level is spacious and comfortable with many new furnishings. The kitchen has been upgraded and features granite countertops. Just off the living area is a wonderful open deck plus a screen porch, both overlooking the Wild Dunes Links Golf Course, Green #11. The first bedroom features a private bath, two twin beds, a flat screen television and an open deck looking towards Palmetto Boulevard. The second master bedroom on the top level features a private bath, a flat screen television, and a queen bed. Finally, the master bedroom is highlighted with a king bed, an open deck overlooking the golf course, a flat screen television, and a large private bath. All of the bathrooms at “Top of the Dune” have been upgraded with sleek granite countertops. Additional bedding can be found in the living area with a pull out sleeper sofa.
“Top of the Dune” is located near the center of the Wild Dunes Resort Community and is a short walk from many of the amenities of Wild Dunes Resort. These amenities include two golf courses, a day-spa, a playground. and six restaurants. The Isle of Palms Marina is a five minute drive from Fairway Dunes. There is so much to do at the Marina from renting a wave runner, paddle board and kayak adventures, Eco tours of the tidal marsh and uninhabited islands north of the Isle of Palms, fishing charters, boat rentals, and a well-stocked marina store with two wonderful restaurants. Best yet, Historic Charleston is only a 35 minute drive away!
For your next vacation, the newly renovated “Top of the Dune” is the ideal location to regain your senses so you will be ready to rejoin the real world after a vacation in paradise!
Live Like a Local
Chad Timmons, Reservations Manager
1. Taking the wife & twins to Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Located right under the Arthur Ravenel Bridge on the Mount Pleasant side, this park has an incredible Ravenel Bridge themed playground, large spaces for picnicking/playing/viewing outdoor movies, a huge 1,250-foot-long fishing/walking pier, and the delicious River Watch Cafe Sandwich & Ice Cream shop. With Movies in the Park, Party in the Parks, and other seasonal festivals, there is always some fun to be had here!
2. Lunching at Home Team BBQ - Sullivan's Island. If you are on Sullivan's for lunch, there is a great chance you will catch Chad grabbing a bite at his back left table. The food is incredible and a staple of Charleston now with three locations (West Ashley, Sullivan's Island, and Downtown Charleston). Home Team offers a variety of food with incredible BBQ, brisket, smoked chicken wings, shrimp tacos and daily lunch specials that keep you coming back for more. Always quick to the table delivered with a smile. It's also a great place for local music in the evenings. http://hometeambbq.com/
3. Enjoying Lunch, Dinner, and/or Drinks on Shem Creek. Shem Creek is a Mount Pleasant landmark located in the Charleston area. Whether you are dining on a porch, seated indoors, or simply having a cocktail outside at one of the many establishments on Shem Creek, you will have a great view of the creek, local shrimp boats, and usually porpoises that frequent the area. Have a cocktail at Vickery's Shark Fin Bar, eat some World Famous Fish Bites at Water's Edge Cabana Bar, and slurp the best oysters in Charleston at Shem Creek Bar & Grill's back Oyster Bar. After you eat, take a stroll along the new boardwalk at Shem Creek Park to take in the breathtaking views of the creek and its surrounding wetlands
Additional amenities include: coffee maker, walking, surfing, golf, family, swimming, gated community, cultural/historic, cycling, porch furniture, community tennis, garbage disposal, minimum age for renters, sightseeing, adventure, iron/ironing board, shopping, outdoor furniture, tennis, fishing.