Sitting back 100 feet off the Atlantic Ocean, Dragonwood Castle offers 200 feet of water frontage with glorious sunset reflections across the bay onto the Prospect Harbor lighthouse. Inside its 2,100 square-feet are 3 decorative levels of living space, plus a small turret that overlooks the ocean with clear open views. With 3 bedrooms, a den, and 2.5 bathrooms, this property offers so much more than just comfortable sleeping accommodations, from delightful reading and napping alcoves to plush lounging sofas and 3-story windows, from which you and your travel companions can have fun spying on the bald eagles that have taken up residence nearby. You might also find yourself fascinated by the dioramas in several of the windows, depicting medieval scenes with castles, dragons, and the like.
As you approach the drawbridge-like wooden walkway that leads to the front door, you’ll notice that this whimsical yet solid 12-sided house is built of natural local materials, including hand split shakes, and rough-honed granite, which was used to make the full-story non-working fireplace, shower stall in the main floor bathroom, as well as a large supporting column in the center of the home. One flight up the stair tower will take you to the 2 loft-style bedrooms, one of which boasts a queen-sized bed, double futon, and crib. The other half of this loft area, accessed either through the previous bedroom or through the shared full bathroom and laundry room, contains 2 twin beds and 1 sleeping alcove. Each of these accommodations offer fabulous views to the exterior through 3-story windows, as well as over-the-railing views of the interior down to the lower level television and lounging area. You’ll find the home’s third floor is one large airy, and open bedroom featuring a king-sized bed, toddler bed, and half bath. It also has access to a cozy exterior balcony with lovely water views. This is also where one can access the turret, which also boasts expansive views.
While the house is cozy and comfortable, you’ll quickly discover that there are many things to see and do once you head out. Enjoy taking leisurely strolls around the nearby walking loop through the woods, or wander down to the beach, where you’ll find great spots for kayaking and swimming. The cove is protected by a granite ridge, making the rocks smooth and the water calmer and warmer, yet still Maine-like. Other highlights near Dragonwood Castle worth checking out include the Schoodic Arts Festival, performances at Hammond Hall Performing Arts Center, the Winter Harbor Lobster Festival, Schoodic Acadia National Park, the Grindstone Neck Public 9-hole Golf Course, and the International Sculpture Symposium, where you can visit the outdoor studio and watch the artists as they sculpt. However you choose to spend your time during your stay, this is one vacation you won’t forget anytime soon!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, wireless internet access, in-unit washer/dryer, 200 feet of water frontage, sweeping ocean views, and much more
- Incredible east-facing location on 6.7 very private acres set back just 100 feet off the Atlantic Ocean
- Within close proximity of beaches, walking trails, national parks, golf courses, and numerous other activities and attractions!
- Located on the L.L. Bean Island Explorer route
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed with Double Futon and Crib
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 pets allowed)
- 7 night minimum stay required from Saturday - Saturday
- Must be at least 28 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply