Coming to California? What better way to spend a trip than nestled in your own private cottage? You’ll be living like a local in no time when you check-in at this Berkeley gem.
This darling guest cottage is ideal for a couple’s weekend away or a laid back trip with a friend, with one bedroom providing a Queen-sized Bed. You’ll love the traditional Tudor-style architecture that frames this private escape. Natural light and warmth flood this home with private en suite bathroom. You’ll love coming home after a day of exploration, grabbing a book, lounging on the patio, or catching up on work under a sky lit desk (free, high-speed Wi-Fi). This chic yet comfortable property offers exactly what you need to rest and relax while traveling to the Bay Area.
Located in the heart of the Claremont/Elmwood area of Berkeley, this home positions you perfectly to explore the best of Northern California. The famed University of California, Berkeley, is a brief 5 minute drive from your accommodations, making it easy for you to catch a game at the recently renovated Cal Memorial Stadium, a concert at the Greek Theater, or take a tour of the on-campus Berkeley Art Museum. The historic Claremont Club and Spa is a 15 minute walk, where you can access the Bay Area's best family aquatic facility, complete with a 25-yard heated outdoor recreational pool, a 25-yard heated lap pool and outdoor jet-stream whirlpool. The Club also hosts a sauna and steam room, as well as 10 outdoor tennis courts.
For dinner and drinks, top-rated Elmwood/Rockridge restaurants and bars are within walking distance, including Wood Tavern, Southie, and The Trappiste Provisions. Grab a treat at Tara's Organic Ice Cream or Ici and then catch a movie at the Elmwood Neighborhood Cinema -all within walking distance! Tilden Park, Lawrence Hall of Science and the Botanical Garden of Berkeley (with 13,000 different kinds of plants from around the world) are less than 3 miles from your accommodations! The metropolis of San Francisco is also nearby, accessible via BART from the Rockridge Station, providing many more sights to be seen. Plan a visit to the legendary Alcatraz Island or sample seafood fare at Fisherman's Wharf. The wine country of Sonoma and Napa counties also make for a wonderful day trip.
Whether you're here to wander and relax or visit your UC Berkeley student, this guest cottage makes the ideal home base for your stay!
Key Residence Features:
- Free highspeed Wifi for live streaming entertainment. Note: The cottage does not have a television
- Furnished Patio
- The cottage does not have a full kitchen. Coffee and tea will be waiting upon arrival alongside the refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle and toaster. Cutlery and dishware are also provided.
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Baby Bjorn Crib available
- NO SMOKING. Violation will result in immediate $250 fine, plus charges for any additional remedial action required.
- No pets
- Additional cleanings can be arranged with the owner for $80/clean
- The loft is not for general use or sleeping
- Must be 21 years or older to book
- Located adjacent to owner's home
- Access to The Club at The Claremont is seasonal and for an additional fee, payable to The Club
- Additional fees and taxes may apply