We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
1 of 24The billiard porch includes a complete granite outdoor kitchen
3 nights minimum
Holiday Rental House
Located on Gifft Hill, 750 feet above sea level, Coconuts features a unique combination of panoramic ocean views, spectacular sunsets, extensive outdoor living and dining areas, and numerous high-end amenities. The ocean views are among the finest on St. John, and include up to twenty islands, stretching from French Cap to Grass Cay, and as far away as Puerto Rico. Coconuts is known for its spectacular sunsets, and at night, the twinkling lights of St. Thomas beckon across the waters of Pillsbury Sound. The flat, hilltop location of Coconuts ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a flat driveway with ample room for several cars. The entrance is framed by two large coconut palms, and the grounds include a magnificent Flamboyant, gently sloping lawns, lush tropical ...Located on Gifft Hill, 750 feet above sea level, Coconuts features a unique combination of panoramic ocean views, spectacular sunsets, extensive outdoor living and dining areas, and numerous high-end amenities. The ocean views are among the finest on St. John, and include up to twenty islands, stretching from French Cap to Grass Cay, and as far away as Puerto Rico. Coconuts is known for its spectacular sunsets, and at night, the twinkling lights of St. Thomas beckon across the waters of Pillsbury Sound. The flat, hilltop location of Coconuts ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a flat driveway with ample room for several cars. The entrance is framed by two large coconut palms, and the grounds include a magnificent Flamboyant, gently sloping lawns, lush tropical landscaping, and mature fruit trees. The restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay are only a ten minute drive away, all on newly paved roads.
The pool is solar heated, and at night, the pool light slowly changes colors, with its diffuse hues illuminating the courtyard. The seven-person hot tub is mounted flush with the main deck, and offers panoramic ocean and sunset views. The addition of wide, gentle stairs down to the new lower sundeck provides unobstructed “infinity deck” ocean views from the entrance, pool, and deck chairs.
Coconuts single-level floor plan consists of four hip-roofed buildings centered around the solar heated pool and interior courtyard, and connected by decks, covered walkways, and patio gardens.
Coconuts provides the ultimate in Caribbean indoor/outdoor living. Its outdoor living areas include the main pool deck, the gazebo with its dining table, couch, chairs, and outdoor sound system, the new billiard porch with its pool table, outdoor kitchen and sound system, and a large new lower sundeck with wrap-around bench seating.
Dining options are extensive, and include the great room table for six, the gazebo dining table for six, granite counter dining for six by the outdoor kitchen, and a table for four on the lower sundeck.
Coconuts is among only a few St. John villas that offer two kitchens; a fully enclosed main kitchen with a breakfast bar for entertaining the chef, and a complete outdoor kitchen facing the view in the new billiard porch. The outdoor kitchen includes a built-in 36 inch gas grill, Teppanyaki cook surface, side burners, hot water sink, fridge, illuminated bar, and granite counter dining for six.
The great room includes a high-definition 100 inch front projection system with a subwoofer. Use it to watch a movie from our extensive Blu-ray library, your favorite TV show or sporting event, or photos and videos from your visit to St. John.
Coconuts shares ownership with the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Plumeria, and the two villas can be rented together, accommodating larger groups with up to fourteen guests.
Play a game of pool or table tennis in the new billiard porch, cook and entertain in the beautiful outdoor granite kitchen, enjoy the star-filled skies from the hammock, or simply relax in the gazebo, pool, and spa. Whatever you prefer, Coconuts is the ideal place to stay during your visit to the beautiful island of St. John
VILLA HIGHLIGHTS AND AMENITIES:
- Private, flat, hilltop location with panoramic ocean views, spectacular sunsets, and tropical breezes
- Indoor/outdoor living: four buildings centered around a pool, with covered walkways, courtyard gardens, extensive decks, gazebo, porch, and large lawns with tropical fruit trees
- Large lower sundeck, with wrap-around bench seating
- Home theater with 100 inch front projection system and 40” flat-screen TV, rattan recliners, subwoofer, an HD-DVR to record your favorite shows, HD cable with HBO, Netflix, and a Blu-ray/DVD library with 55 titles
- The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round
- LED pool lighting lets guests select among five fixed colors, and seven color programs
- Billiard porch with full sized, single-piece slate pool table, spectacular ocean views, and a table tennis top
- The billiard porch includes an outdoor kitchen with a built-in 36 inch gas grill, dual side burner, fridge, sink, Teppanyaki cook surface, illuminated bar, and granite counter dining for six
- Seven person spa with panoramic ocean views, waterfall, and LED color lighting
- Large shaded living and dining gazebo with dining table, couch, chairs, and outdoor sound system
- Whisper-quiet split air conditioning in the master, guest and loft bedrooms
- All rooms feature flat-screen TV's, Blu-ray players, premium cable w/ HBO, iPod-ready sound systems, and high speed wireless internet, and free calls to the U.S.
- High-end telescope and binoculars for daytime use and/or star gazing
- The deluxe massage table can be set up indoors or out on the deck, for a massage with a view.
- Villa-wide UV sterilized and activated charcoal water purification system
Nice location on top of the hill which helps keep the outdoor living areas cool and enjoyable. We stayed for 7 days and had a wonderful time, only one very small issue.
5 adults stayed and we are were all comfortable, one more would have...More
My husband and our children rented Coconuts the second week in December. The house was beautiful and the outdoor living area was a definite hit with our teens; 2 seventeen year-olds and 1 twelve year-old. We spent every evening outside enjoying the sunset off the...More
This villa was perfect. Beautiful views, so many amenities, and user friendly with detailed instructions from owners ahead of time, and on labels at the villa. The drive up is a little rough (all of St. John is), but worth it. Bring your bug spray...More
We were a family of 7: grandparents, parents and 3 kids (7, 11 and 13). For the kids, it was a week full of firsts from the plane ride to staying on an island to a day long boat trip. Owners Kevin and Danielle were...More
My wife and I have been to Coconuts multiple times and every time we walk through the door it's like coming home. It has received new updates like the outdoor kitchen, surround sound outside, etc. Unbelievable views and convienance to restaurants/shopping (a short drive) is...More
Located on a private, flat hilltop on St. John, Coconuts offers spectacular sunsets, panoramic ocean views, high-end amenities, and complete privacy. It is only minutes away from the many restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay, and is set in a peaceful, residential neighborhood. The entire property is flat and level, with a spacious driveway, walled side and front lawns, and access entirely via gentle, paved roads. The grounds are lushly landscaped with a wide variety of tropical plants and mature fruit trees, many with botanical plant labels that help guests learn about the tropical flora. The hilltop location assures gentle tropical breezes all year round.