We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
* If you are being a free spirit, know this town is a bit of a free-spirit, too, regarding lodging. If possible, book in advance, or walk-in between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. for reservations. You may not be able to catch anyone later on, and places seem to book fast!
* Because most local businesses are busy on weekends, Mondays and Tuesdays are the unofficial "weekend" days when things are often closed, even restaurants. Weekends are always open unless imminent fire threat or inclement weather shut things down.
* Store hours are often not posted or change without notice.
* Many cell phone providers do not work in the valley. Some report hotspot reception with Alltel.
* Local library and many businesses provide free internet access to patrons.
* Public bathrooms are located in the town square. Also has a public skateboard park, gazebo, and children play area.
* The "2007 (or whatever year) Vacation Guide to the Jemez Mountains", published by the Jemez Thunder, is a good free paper with info on the area (places to stay, things to do, etc.). The Ranger station near the Jemez State Monument and the Bath House have copies available.