Dubai TourismDubai AccommodationDubai Bed and BreakfastDubai Holiday RentalsDubai Holiday PackagesDubai FlightsDubai RestaurantsDubai AttractionsDubai ShoppingDubai Travel ForumDubai PhotosDubai MapDubai GuideHotels
All Dubai HotelsDubai Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Dubai MotelsDubai HostelsDubai CampgroundsFamily Hotels DubaiSpa Resorts DubaiDubai Beach HotelsDubai ResortsDubai Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsDubai Green HotelsRomantic Hotels DubaiBusiness Hotels DubaiLuxury Hotels DubaiBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Golden Tulip Hotels in DubaiMarriott Hotels in DubaiHilton Hotels in DubaiInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in DubaiHyatt Hotels in DubaiMillennium Hotels in DubaiCitadines Apart Hotels in DubaiCurio Collection by Hilton Hotels in DubaiHoliday Inns in DubaiMarriott Autograph Collection Hotels in DubaiFour Seasons Hotels in DubaiHilton Garden Inns in DubaiRove Hotels in DubaiBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in DubaiRixos Hotels in DubaiPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Green Community Village AccommodationUmm Suqeim AccommodationUmm Hurair 1 AccommodationUmm Hurair AccommodationHor Al Anz AccommodationAl Khabaisi AccommodationAl Qusais 3 AccommodationDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) AccommodationPopular Dubai Categories
Budget Hotels in DubaiDowntown Dubai HotelsHotels with Balconies in DubaiDubai Apartment HotelsHotels with Shuttle in DubaiAll Inclusive Hotels in DubaiCharming Hotels in DubaiGolf Hotels in DubaiHotels With Babysitting in DubaiHotels with Bars in DubaiNear Landmarks
Hotels near Burj KhalifaHotels near The Dubai FountainHotels near Dubai MetroHotels near Atlantis Aquaventure WaterparkHotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater ZooHotels near Burj Al ArabHotels near Ski DubaiHotels near Dubai CreekHotels near Wild Wadi WaterparkHotels near Dubai Miracle GardenNear Train Stations
Hotels near Stadium (Dubai)Hotels near Al QiyadahHotels near Al NahdaHotels near Dubai Airport Free ZoneHotels near Airport Terminal 3Hotels near Airport Terminal 1Hotels near Al QusaisHotels near EtisalatHotels near Abu HailHotels near Abu Bakr SeddiqNear Airports
Hotels near Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)Hotels near Dubai Airport (DXB)Hotels near Sharjah Airport (SHJ)Near Colleges
All things to do in DubaiAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental CarsMore
Burj Khalifa: Tickets & ToursThe Dubai Fountain: Tickets & ToursThe Dubai Mall: Tickets & ToursDubai Miracle Garden: Tickets & ToursGlobal Village: Tickets & ToursDubai Frame: Tickets & ToursAtlantis Aquaventure Waterpark: Tickets & ToursLa Mer: Tickets & ToursBurj Al Arab: Tickets & ToursSki Dubai: Tickets & ToursDubai Creek: Tickets & ToursDubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: Tickets & ToursMall of the Emirates: Tickets & ToursThe Lost Chambers Aquarium: Tickets & ToursWild Wadi Waterpark: Tickets & Tours
Dubai Tourism: Best of Dubai
Dazzling and dizzying, a city of superlatives
Largest. Tallest. Biggest. Dubai does everything to the extreme, standing out for its uber-modern design in a historically conservative country. The soaring skyscrapers, palm-shaped islands, and golden beaches, paired with vibrant nightlife, luxury shopping, and world-class dining, make the city a sight to behold and be explored.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Dubai.See all
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.See all
Quintessential Dubai restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Dubai
Traditional Trek Around Dubai
Dubai certainly dazzles with its uber-modern design showcased in sights like the Burj Al Arab, and with its over-the-top attractions like the Dubai Mall and Palm Jumeirah. But it wasn't the glitzy nightclubs and crowd-pleasing brunches that won me over, it was the traditional architecture, Emirati culture, and delicious pistachio dates. So if you're looking for a more traditional slice of life, here are some of my favorite places you should visit in Dubai.
Lara Grant, New York City, NY
- Dubai Gold Souk3,420Located in the Deira district, the Dubai Gold Souk is a traditional market with over 350 stores, most of which sell jewelry. Gold, diamonds, and precious stones are all available here, but do your research on the best stores if you're looking to buy!
- Deira Old Souk Abra Station290Abras are traditional wooden boats that act as water taxis on Dubai Creek, ferrying travelers between the Deira Old Souk and Bur Dubai Abra Stations. As a bonus, the creek is a busy hub, with lots to do and see nearby.
- Cafe Bateel160Bateel is renowned for their gourmet dates packaged in hand-painted wooden boxes, and the cafe expands that upscale approach to all-day dining. Scrumptious bateel date pudding and traditional Arabic coffee are highlights.
- Siraj389Dubai is well-known for its fine-dining cuisine and outposts of global restaurants, but for a truly authentic Emirati meal, head to Siraj. Go with friends and share the camel steak, chicken biryani, and green mango salad. Pro tip: snag a table outside for a gorgeous Burj Khalifa fountain show view.
- Ripe Market86Skip the fancy restaurants and indoor malls and spend an afternoon strolling the Ripe Market, an outdoor farmers' market showcasing local businesses. I was a big fan of the organic veggies and fruits, cute handicrafts, and chic jewelry.
- Jumeirah Mosque2,148Firstly, built in traditional Fatimid style, the Jumeirah Mosque is beautiful. And, it's one of the few mosques open to non-Muslims. It's a unique experience to observe the prayer and learn more about the customs.
- XVA Art Hotel826XVA Art Hotel offers a more traditional, simple alternative to the towering, flashy hotels. It’s located in the heart of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, the oldest community in Dubai, and it occupies the former home of the Seddiqi family – high-end watch retailers. There are just 14 rooms on-site, all individually decorated and with locally inspired furnishings. A cozy café and gallery showcasing Arab artwork add to its charm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding1,211Although roughly 80 percent of Dubai's population is foreigners, travelers can still get a peek inside Emirati culture by visiting this center. It's in the historic Al Fahidi neighborhood and I love that visitors can take part in activities such as walking tours, authentic dinners, and conversations with local Emiratis.
Dig Into Dubai
Stories, tips, and guides