Dubai TourismDubai AccommodationDubai Bed and BreakfastDubai Holiday RentalsDubai Holiday PackagesDubai FlightsDubai AttractionsDubai ShoppingDubai Travel ForumDubai PhotosDubai MapDubai GuideHotels
All Dubai HotelsDubai Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Dubai CampgroundsDubai HostelsBusiness Hotels DubaiFamily Hotels DubaiSpa Resorts DubaiLuxury Hotels DubaiRomantic Hotels DubaiDubai Beach HotelsDubai ResortsDubai Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsBy Hotel Class
By Hotel Brand
Rotana Hotels in DubaiWestin Hotels in DubaiCrowne Plaza Hotels in DubaiBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in DubaiW Hotels in DubaiMGallery Hotels Collection in DubaiDusit Hotels And Resorts in DubaiLouvre Hotels in DubaiRadisson Hotels in DubaiInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in DubaiHyatt Hotels in DubaiJumeirah Hotels in DubaiPopular Amenities
Bur Dubai AccommodationDeira AccommodationThe Marina AccommodationTrade Centre AccommodationDowntown Dubai AccommodationJumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) AccommodationAl Barsha AccommodationAl Garhoud AccommodationAl Barsha 1 AccommodationPort Saeed AccommodationPopular Dubai Categories
Cheap Accommodations in DubaiDowntown Dubai HotelsHotels with Balconies in DubaiDubai Apartment HotelsHotels with Shuttle in DubaiAll Inclusive Hotels in DubaiDubai Cheap Beach HotelsDubai 5 Star ResortsDubai All Inclusive Family ResortsDubai Beach Spa HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Burj KhalifaHotels near The Dubai FountainHotels near Dubai MetroHotels near Atlantis Aquaventure WaterparkHotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater ZooHotels near Burj Al ArabHotels near Ski DubaiHotels near Dubai CreekHotels near Wild Wadi WaterparkHotels near Dubai Miracle GardenNear Train Stations
Hotels near Stadium (Dubai) StationHotels near Al Nahda StationHotels near Al Qiyadah StationHotels near Abu Hail StationHotels near Dubai Airport Free Zone StationHotels near Abu Bakr Seddiq StationHotels near Al Qusais StationHotels near Airport Terminal 1 StationHotels near Airport Terminal 3 StationHotels near GGICO StationNear Airports
Hotels near (DXB) Dubai AirportHotels near (SHJ) Sharjah AirportHotels near (DWC) Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International AirportNear Colleges
Dubai Tourism: Best of Dubai
Dazzling and dizzying, a city of superlatives
Largest. Tallest. Biggest. Dubai does everything to the extreme, standing out for its uber-modern design in a historically conservative country. The soaring skyscrapers, palm-shaped islands, and golden beaches, paired with vibrant nightlife, luxury shopping, and world-class dining, make the city a sight to behold and be explored.
Start planning for Dubai
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, things to do, and ways to wander.
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.
Quintessential restaurants, bars, and beyond.
Good to Know
Traditional Trek Around Dubai
Dubai certainly dazzles with its uber-modern design showcased in sights like the Burj Al Arab, and with its over-the-top attractions like the Dubai Mall and Palm Jumeirah. But it wasn't the glitzy nightclubs and crowd-pleasing brunches that won me over, it was the traditional architecture, Emirati culture, and delicious pistachio dates. So if you're looking for a more traditional slice of life, here are some of my favorite places you should visit in Dubai.
Lara Grant, New York City, NY
- Dubai Gold Souk3,383 ReviewsLocated in the Deira district, the Dubai Gold Souk is a traditional market with over 350 stores, most of which sell jewelry. Gold, diamonds, and precious stones are all available here, but do your research on the best stores if you're looking to buy!
- Deira Old Souk Abra Station284 ReviewsAbras are traditional wooden boats that act as water taxis on Dubai Creek, ferrying travelers between the Deira Old Souk and Bur Dubai Abra Stations. As a bonus, the creek is a busy hub, with lots to do and see nearby.
- Cafe Bateel152 ReviewsBateel is renowned for their gourmet dates packaged in hand-painted wooden boxes, and the cafe expands that upscale approach to all-day dining. Scrumptious bateel date pudding and traditional Arabic coffee are highlights.
- Siraj205 ReviewsDubai is well-known for its fine-dining cuisine and outposts of global restaurants, but for a truly authentic Emirati meal, head to Siraj. Go with friends and share the camel steak, chicken biryani, and green mango salad. Pro tip: snag a table outside for a gorgeous Burj Khalifa fountain show view.
- Ripe Market79 ReviewsSkip the fancy restaurants and indoor malls and spend an afternoon strolling the Ripe Market, an outdoor farmers' market showcasing local businesses. I was a big fan of the organic veggies and fruits, cute handicrafts, and chic jewelry.
- Jumeirah Mosque2,143 ReviewsFirstly, built in traditional Fatimid style, the Jumeirah Mosque is beautiful. And, it's one of the few mosques open to non-Muslims. It's a unique experience to observe the prayer and learn more about the customs.
- XVA Art Hotel816 ReviewsXVA Art Hotel offers a more traditional, simple alternative to the towering, flashy hotels. It’s located in the heart of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, the oldest community in Dubai, and it occupies the former home of the Seddiqi family – high-end watch retailers. There are just 14 rooms on-site, all individually decorated and with locally inspired furnishings. A cozy café and gallery showcasing Arab artwork add to its charm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding1,206 ReviewsAlthough roughly 80 percent of Dubai's population is foreigners, travelers can still get a peek inside Emirati culture by visiting this center. It's in the historic Al Fahidi neighborhood and I love that visitors can take part in activities such as walking tours, authentic dinners, and conversations with local Emiratis.