Explore Margaret River
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
What is Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travellers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Margaret River TourismMargaret River AccommodationMargaret River Bed and BreakfastMargaret River Holiday RentalsMargaret River FlightsMargaret River RestaurantsMargaret River AttractionsMargaret River Travel ForumMargaret River PhotosMargaret River MapHotels
All Margaret River HotelsMargaret River Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in Margaret RiverBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsMore
Margaret River MotelsMargaret River HostelsMargaret River CampsitesRomantic Hotels Margaret RiverMargaret River Green HotelsLuxury Hotels Margaret RiverFamily Hotels Margaret RiverSpa Resorts Margaret RiverMargaret River ResortsBusiness Hotels Margaret RiverBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Margaret River Categories
Margaret River Hotels with FireplacesMargaret River Non-Smoking HotelsMargaret River Hotels with Breakfast BuffetMargaret River Exotic HotelsMargaret River Hiking HotelsMargaret River Hotels with Bridal SuiteMargaret River Hotels with Allergy-free RoomsMargaret River Hotels with SaunaMargaret River Hotels with Heated PoolMargaret River Hotels with Banquet HallMore Margaret River Categories
Margaret River Hotels with Outdoor PoolMargaret River Non-Smoking HotelsMargaret River Exotic HotelsMargaret River Hotels with Air ConditioningMargaret River Hotels with Allergy-free RoomsMargaret River Hotels with a ViewMargaret River Shopping HotelsMargaret River Hotels with SaunaMargaret River Accessible HotelsMargaret River Hotels with Tennis CourtsMargaret River Hotels with Breakfast BuffetNear Landmarks
Hotels near Lake CaveHotels near Mammoth CaveHotels near Margaret River Visitor CentreHotels near Caves RoadHotels near Hamelin BayHotels near Gnarabup BeachHotels near Margaret River Venison FarmHotels near Eagles HeritageHotels near Boranup GalleryHotels near Margaret River Mouth BeachNear AirportsPopular Hotel Categories
Margaret River Tourism: Best of Margaret River
About Margaret River
Margaret River is both a region and a bustling market town famed for its wine, incredible surfing, gorgeous coastline, multi-chambered caves and mysterious karri (eucalyptus) forests. Award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and Semillon vintages are produced at the area’s more than 200 vineyards. The annual Margaret River Wine Region Festival is a vintner’s paradise, attracting gourmet enthusiasts from around the globe.
Essential Margaret River
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Margaret River Getaway: Best Things to See and Do
Just a three hour drive from Perth is Margaret River—a small town brimming with top wineries and craft breweries, gorgeous beaches, and plenty of adventure. Here are my picks for an unforgettable getaway.
Ting, Singapore, Singapore
- Voyager Estate314Your first stop in wine country has to be a winery, of course. Spend a lazy afternoon sipping your way through Voyager Estate’s organically-farmed wines and end the day with a tasty dinner at the restaurant.
- Jewel Cave1,596The Margaret River Region has many caves you can explore, with Jewel Cave the largest in the area. Venture into its massive chambers to marvel at the gleaming stalactites and stalagmites.
- Ngilgi Cave Ancient Lands Experience1,015If you'd like to take your cave adventure up a notch, I highly recommend booking a Cave Explorer adventure tour. You will find yourself contorting in ways you never thought possible to squeeze through fissures and you'll even get to crawl on an ancient riverbed. How cool is that?
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse1,669This is the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia, need I say more? P/s: It's also a fantastic place to spot whales from May to September.
- Leeuwin Estate424A popular winery in Margaret River, Leeuwin Estate is another wonderful place for a wine-paired lunch. It also has an art gallery where you can check out paintings from their famous “Art Series” wine labels collection.
- Hamelin Bay594With powder-white sand and stunning turquoise waters, Hamelin Bay is great for swimming and snorkeling. Keep your eyes peeled for stingrays who love to glide along the shore’s edge.
- Margaret River Mouth Beach164This is where the Indian Ocean and Margaret River meet. It’s a great beach for surfing, swimming and fishing. Or, you can just walk along the coastline trail and take in the sights.
- Boranup Karri Forest112The Boranup Karri Forest is a magnificent sight to behold. Make your way to Boranup lookout for sweeping views of the Karri trees (fun fact: Karri trees are a species of eucalyptus native to Southwest Australia) and stay for some birdwatching!
- Eagle Bay Brewery437It's not all wineries and vineyards in Margaret River. If you're craving a pint (or two), Eagle Bay Brewery serves up a refreshing craft beer tasting flight. Bonus: the view of lush lawns that extend into the horizon is amazing too!
- Yarri299A meal at Yarri is unforgettable. Helmed by one of the best chefs in WA, Aaron Carr, the kitchen turns out superb dishes like dry-aged steak, wood-roasted lamb rump and duck fat potatoes.
- Margaret River Regional Wine Centre47Wine enthusiasts won’t want to miss out on a visit to the Margaret River Regional Wine Centre. You can taste and purchase a variety of wines from the Margaret River region and talk to experts about grape growing and wine making.