Explore Margaret River
Margaret River TourismMargaret River AccommodationMargaret River Bed and BreakfastMargaret River Holiday RentalsMargaret River Holiday PackagesMargaret River FlightsMargaret River RestaurantsMargaret River AttractionsMargaret River ShoppingMargaret River Travel ForumMargaret River PhotosMargaret River MapMargaret River GuideHotels
All Margaret River HotelsMargaret River Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in Margaret RiverBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Margaret River MotelsMargaret River CampgroundsMargaret River HostelsLuxury Hotels Margaret RiverRomantic Hotels Margaret RiverFamily Hotels Margaret RiverSpa Resorts Margaret RiverMargaret River ResortsMargaret River Green HotelsBusiness Hotels Margaret RiverBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Margaret River Categories
Suite Hotels Margaret RiverFamily Resorts Margaret RiverQuiet Resorts in Margaret RiverHotels with Balconies in Margaret RiverHotels with Restaurants in Margaret RiverMargaret River Luxury LodgesMargaret River Pet Friendly CampsitesBoutique Bed and Breakfast in Margaret RiverClean Hotels in Margaret RiverSpa Resorts Margaret RiverNear Landmarks
Hotels near Lake CaveHotels near Mammoth CaveHotels near Margaret River Visitor CentreHotels near Caves RoadHotels near Hamelin BayHotels near Sunflowers Animal FarmHotels near Gnarabup BeachHotels near Margaret River Venison FarmHotels near Eagles Heritage Wildlife CentreHotels near Boranup GalleryNear Airports
All things to do in Margaret RiverAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
THE GROVE DISTILLERY & BREWERY: Tickets & ToursBerry Farm: Tickets & ToursVoyager Estate: Tickets & ToursGnarabup Beach: Tickets & ToursLeeuwin Estate: Tickets & ToursCaves Road: Tickets & ToursCape Mentelle Wines: Tickets & ToursMargaret River Mouth Beach: Tickets & ToursMargaret River Farmers Market: Tickets & ToursMargaret River Visitor Centre: Tickets & ToursCheeky Monkey Brewing Co.: Tickets & ToursStella Bella Wines: Tickets & ToursRedgate Beach: Tickets & ToursWoody Nook Wines: Tickets & ToursXanadu Winery: Tickets & Tours
Margaret River Tourism: Best of Margaret River
About Margaret River
Margaret River is both a region and a bustling market town famed for its wine, incredible surfing, gorgeous coastline, multi-chambered caves and mysterious karri (eucalyptus) forests. Award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and Semillon vintages are produced at the area’s more than 200 vineyards. The annual Margaret River Wine Region Festival is a vintner’s paradise, attracting gourmet enthusiasts from around the globe.
Start planning for Margaret River
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential Margaret River
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Margaret River
Margaret River Getaway: Best Things to See and Do
Just a three hour drive from Perth is Margaret River—a small town brimming with top wineries and craft breweries, gorgeous beaches, and plenty of adventure. Here are my picks for an unforgettable getaway.
Ting, Singapore, Singapore
- Voyager Estate285Your first stop in wine country has to be a winery, of course. Spend a lazy afternoon sipping your way through Voyager Estate’s organically-farmed wines and end the day with a tasty dinner at the restaurant.
- Jewel Cave1,493The Margaret River Region has many caves you can explore, with Jewel Cave the largest in the area. Venture into its massive chambers to marvel at the gleaming stalactites and stalagmites.
- Ngilgi Cave959If you'd like to take your cave adventure up a notch, I highly recommend booking a Cave Explorer adventure tour. You will find yourself contorting in ways you never thought possible to squeeze through fissures and you'll even get to crawl on an ancient riverbed. How cool is that?
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse1,609This is the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia, need I say more? P/s: It's also a fantastic place to spot whales from May to September.
- Leeuwin Estate417A popular winery in Margaret River, Leeuwin Estate is another wonderful place for a wine-paired lunch. It also has an art gallery where you can check out paintings from their famous “Art Series” wine labels collection.
- Hamelin Bay566With powder-white sand and stunning turquoise waters, Hamelin Bay is great for swimming and snorkeling. Keep your eyes peeled for stingrays who love to glide along the shore’s edge.
- Margaret River Mouth Beach157This is where the Indian Ocean and Margaret River meet. It’s a great beach for surfing, swimming and fishing. Or, you can just walk along the coastline trail and take in the sights.
- Boranup Karri Forest107The Boranup Karri Forest is a magnificent sight to behold. Make your way to Boranup lookout for sweeping views of the Karri trees (fun fact: Karri trees are a species of eucalyptus native to Southwest Australia) and stay for some birdwatching!
- Eagle Bay Brewery415It's not all wineries and vineyards in Margaret River. If you're craving a pint (or two), Eagle Bay Brewery serves up a refreshing craft beer tasting flight. Bonus: the view of lush lawns that extend into the horizon is amazing too!
- Yarri244A meal at Yarri is unforgettable. Helmed by one of the best chefs in WA, Aaron Carr, the kitchen turns out superb dishes like dry-aged steak, wood-roasted lamb rump and duck fat potatoes.
- Margaret River Regional Wine Centre47Wine enthusiasts won’t want to miss out on a visit to the Margaret River Regional Wine Centre. You can taste and purchase a variety of wines from the Margaret River region and talk to experts about grape growing and wine making.
Dig Into Margaret River