Rome TourismRome AccommodationRome Bed and BreakfastRome Holiday RentalsRome Holiday PackagesRome FlightsRome RestaurantsRome AttractionsRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumRome PhotosRome MapRome GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Rome MotelsRome CampgroundsRome HostelsBusiness Hotels RomeRome Green HotelsRome ResortsRomantic Hotels RomeFamily Hotels RomeLuxury Hotels RomeSpa Resorts RomeBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in RomeJialihua Guest House Hotels in RomeRadisson Hotels in RomeHoliday Inns in RomeNovotel Hotels in RomeBest Western Hotels in RomeHilton Hotels in RomeThe Leading Hotels Of The World in RomeStarhotels in RomeLO.AN Hotels in RomeC-Hotels in RomePreferred Hotels & Resorts in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeRocco Forte Hotels in RomeIbis Styles Hotels in RomePopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Tor de' Cenci AccommodationSant'Angelo AccommodationTor Cervara AccommodationTomba di Nerone AccommodationTiburtino AccommodationTermini AccommodationCorso Francia AccommodationCollatino AccommodationDella Vittoria AccommodationDon Bosco AccommodationPopular Rome Categories
Design Hotels in RomeCheap Hotels RomeCheap Hostels RomeDowntown Rome HotelsHotels with Balconies in RomeRome Apartment HotelsBeach Resorts in RomeRome Pet Friendly MotelsRome Hot Tub Suite HotelsRome Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near ColosseumHotels near Trevi FountainHotels near PantheonHotels near Piazza NavonaHotels near Palatine HillHotels near Roman ForumHotels near Spanish StepsHotels near Galleria BorgheseHotels near TrastevereHotels near Basilica di Santa Maria MaggioreNear Train Stations
Hotels near Vittorio Emanuele StationHotels near ColosseoHotels near Fori Imperiali-ColosseoHotels near Cavour StationHotels near Circo Massimo StationHotels near Roma Ostiense StationHotels near Piramide StationHotels near Roma Porta San Paolo StationHotels near Garbatella StationHotels near Basilica S. PaoloNear Airports
Hotels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Hotels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near Pontifcia Universitas LateranensisHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of RomeHotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"
All things to do in RomeAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Pantheon: Tickets & ToursColosseum: Tickets & ToursRoman Forum: Tickets & ToursPalatine Hill: Tickets & ToursPiazza Navona: Tickets & ToursBasilica di Santa Maria Maggiore: Tickets & ToursTrevi Fountain: Tickets & ToursGalleria Borghese: Tickets & ToursTrastevere: Tickets & ToursMuseo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo: Tickets & ToursDomus Aurea: Tickets & ToursMusei Capitolini: Tickets & ToursVilla Borghese: Tickets & ToursPalazzo Doria Pamphilj: Tickets & ToursCentro Storico: Tickets & Tours
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Start planning for Rome
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg791Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,695You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna742My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,012If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana767Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides
- “No tricks, just nature.” This is the Fatamorgana motto, effectively summarizing what lies behind the delicious and imaginative gelato. Find classic flavors and ones from farther afield, like the mesmerizing dark chocolate and lapsang souchong smoked tea or the lovely Thumbelina with Sorrento walnuts, rose petals, and violet flowers.