“Just okay...”

Pappa's Pizza Land
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have ordered from Pappa’s Pizza Land a few times. It’s been inconsistent, sometimes better than others. The sauce is flavourless and extra cheese doesn’t seem to be more than regular cheese. There are better pizza options in town.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Our go to local pizza place. Basically delivery or takeout only. Lots of variety and quantity with toppings. Three dollar delivery charge is certainly worth it in Winter, eh. Wings are only so so.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I'm a fishing charter (Spanish Fly Charters) located at the Newcastle marina, They deliver directly to my boat. Just wow!!! For me the best pizza in town :-)

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We have tried this place a couple times, the first time the owner was there and we ordered two three topping pizza's one without cheese as my son has a milk allergy. We asked that the cheese included in the price of the pizza be added to the second pizza. He said no problem and did just that. The next time we ordered, the manager was on duty and rudely told us, "No they don't do that". I politely explained that the owner had no problem last time we ordered, however we were not believed. I ask politely if cheese was included in the price (which I knew was, it is in Canada) he said No, I pointed out that the other pizza we ordered was the same price as the one without cheese (same amount of toppings) At this point He got very stubborn and confrontational, refused to reason on it or accept that the owner had done it for us in the past. Refused to call the owner to ask him. So we left, who needs the aggravation. It was the point of the thing! We haven't been back since. Hope it was worth loosing the customers and those we discourage from buying there. We go to Pizza Pizza , Dominoes or Pizzaville none of them have any trouble accommodating us.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We used to order from this place a lot, until we re-discovered a much better place up the road…

Our experience with it were so-so --- a hit & miss proposition. Sometimes their pizza was very good, other times average, at best.

Date of visit: September 2016