“Welcoming and warm”
Review of Elixor

Elixor
Reserve with OpenTable
Elixor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Trans-Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We were 18 ladies arriving for lunch around 1:30 on Tuesday, April 11th. Somehow the reservation got lost, so as smooth as you please, we were whisked off to a quiet area in the restaurant (to be honest, it was almost empty) where 2 long tables were quickly set up to accommodate our group.

Water, menus, drink orders were taken right away. Some of us ordered coffee as the wind was cold that morning and we were shivering.

Hot fresh coffee was produced quickly, with a specially made pot of decaf for one member of our group. There was plenty of cream and milk set nicely on a plate with coffee spoons.

As you can imagine - there was a variety of orders both from the Lunch menu and the regular one. The wait staff were friendly, polite and professional. None of us ladies felt as if we were making extra work for anyone. We were welcomed and served in a timely fashion. Water glasses continually refilled.

I ordered the wild rice soup and it was superb! Now that I had thawed out with the hot coffee and soup, I could relax and enjoy my meal.

One of the other ladies ordered Braised beef grilled cheese sandwich with caramelized onions and I thought it sounded good, so I did the same. It was tasty - the onions giving a nice, but not overpowering flavour.

Comments around the table were all positive: Maui salad, Thai noodle beef salad, veggie burger, fettuccine, and a lot of chicken dishes. Portions were huge, and some of us needed doggie bags to take home.

Lunch menu included soup, coffee, and 2 sides. I had coleslaw, and bulgar salad (both delicious). Somebody reported the garlic mashed potatoes were to die for!

No one had room for dessert, so we'll have to return another day and try the cheesecake.

I was impressed at how quickly and efficiently we were accommodated, served, and looked after. Food was tasty and well presented. Nobody had to wave down a waiter for water refill or extra milk or cream for coffee.

I'd say it was a successful lunch!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I had always wanted to go here, maybe that's why I was a little disappointed - my expectations might have been too high.

Overall, the food was good and the portions huge! Prepare to take leftovers home. We had a mix of types: Pad Thai, hamburgers, pasta and chicken. No complaints here.

The service was by far the best thing of the evening. Our waitress was outstanding.

The restaurant itself was less appealing to me: very open and high ceilings, didn't have that intimate feel to it. Also, the bamboo chairs are quite low, some of us felt like children sitting at an adult's table.

Finally, and I am quite particular about this, bathroom cleanliness. It wasn't horrible, but coupled with the fact 2 out of the 3 soap dispensers were empty made me question how often anyone goes in to check. We were very early on a Saturday, before a show, and being a busy night thought more attention would be paid to this.

I wouldn't say no if friends suggested to go back, but I can't say I was left with a 'wow' impression.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

There's del Frisco next door, marathon, sushi even a McDonalds! All would be better than this place!
It was once a great restaurant in its prime but definitely lost its reputation over the years. The decor is completely outdated for such a large restaurant. The food was really bland and just not worth it. I've been 3 times in the last few times. I kept saying never again and finally it's never again. My husband found a hair in his coffee, we told our waiter and he literally said "can I get you another one", not omg I'm so sorry or anything like that. We got the bill after the incident, no reduction, no apology. We spoke to the manager after we paid, I made it clear that we weren't looking for a discount but I just wanted him to know that it would be our last time.
Even without the hair incident, which I know happens every now and then. There are so many other amazing restaurants in the area, go somewhere else.

1  Thank Traveller_mom2
Reviewed 20 March 2017

March 19, 2017 My Spouse had the Lunch Maui Salad with Grilled Chicken. This salad is gigantic. The Lentil soup was great. The cheese cake was outstanding. I had the Old-Fashioned Burger, which is big burger and delicious garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies. There is always plenty to take home as the portions are very big. We were served by Andrea. Andrea always gives us excellent service, always going the "extra mile" for us. The staff is always very friendly, and the food always supurb. This restaurant is not too far from Fairview Mall. Elixor has a very large menu. There are many choices to choose from.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our son to this restaurant before going to the movies in the same mall. The burgers were delicious and you get 2 sides with your order. For a few extra dollars more than a double big mac from Mc Donald's you get a healthier burger. Well worth it in my opinion. We will definitely return.