“New Orleans cuisine in the heart of DDO. Be prepared to be delighted!”
Review of Bistro Nolah

Bistro Nolah
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Nolah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 23 - USD 38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: rue Blue Haven
Description: We named our restaurant Bistro Nolah, an acronym for New Orleans, out of a love for the style of comfort food they serve down south.This style of food will be the inspiration behind some of the dishes we will be serving at Nolah.
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

You read that title right! What a delightful Discovery for those who are fans of Southern cuisine, with just that perfect heat in your food, and flavors that delight your taste buds.

Nice little terrace on site, easy outdoor parking, air-conditioned interior, casual wear, great date night, brunch on weekends, dinner with friends and family.

Bistro Nolah has now set a standard in Cuisine, plating and service. Be prepared to feel spoiled and delighted as we were.

The plating is so beautiful that it sets you up for a wonderful meal that is full of flavor and beautiful touches. We highly recommend the crab cakes and the blackened catfish after seeing it on their menu online. We were not disappointed at all with the catfish, it perfectly cooked that you just needed a fork to eat it with. We were also delightfully surprised with the sweet potato hush puppies and the crab cakes are an absolute joy to eat .

Every bite was a delight to the taste buds and I will bring other people to discover Bistro Nolah and their touch of Cajun cuisine.

Cocktails and wine are on the menu. If you enjoy Cajun you know that it can be spicy, so if you plan to eat something, ask you server first about how spicy it might be.

Definitely going back!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Food was very good, but the services was unbelievably SLOW. Took way too long, the service staff looked very confused.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This is the best. Place to have a New Orleans food

I had th blacken catfish. Who’s was cooked to perfection. And for desert there bread pounding. Is so. Delicious.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Sadly, my last visit left a bad taste in my mouth. For my birthday (Aug 4, we went that night), my sister attempted to make a reservation for 8 people however she was told they only take reservations for max 6. This caused a lot of issues and stress as I wanted to eat at Nolah for my birthday (my first experience was amazing) and didnt want to exclude anyone. We ended up only being 6 due to a friend not being able to make it and telling an acquaintance that the restaurant had this rule so they could meet us afterwards (awkward).I was not pleased to see a table of at least 10 when I walked in. On top of that, the reservation was for 8:30 (not prime dinner time to boot) and the restaurant was mostly empty when I arrived both inside and on the terrace. The first time I visited Nolah, the waiter was amazing, so kind and passionate about the food and he really made a difference in the entire experience. The waitress this time was pleasant, however it was nowhere near the service we had last time. We were never asked if we wanted more drinks or how the food was. We ordered multiple drinks each, wine, about 9 appetizers, and each ordered a main course. We spent hundreds of dollars, and when my sister let the waiter know that it was my birthday (her and her boyfriend have been longtime patrons of Nolah and introduced me to it, the waiter last time even said "welcome back") she was told that if we bought a dessert they could stick a candle on it. After spending hundreds of dollars, $8 for beignets would not break our wallet, it was more the principle. My sister's boyfriend who visits Nolah all the time was shocked as well. Overall, the food was good, atmosphere was good as I love their terrace but there were hiccups that have affected my overall impression of this restaurant.

1  Thank Allie S
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome. The food was great, the service was great and the drinks were great. Had the hurricane, I loved the pulp in the drink and I hate having pulp in my juice. Had the short rib and a side of mac n cheese, also had the shrimp gumbo as a starter. The gumbo was way too spicy for me but I also don't eat any spicy foods. The rib was so good didn't even need a knife to break it apart. And the mac n cheese was a really close second to dinet triple crown's mac n cheese. I tried the crabcake, I've had better but that's just me. Love the dark lighting of the place reminded of new orleans restaurants I went to. The decor was basic but the terrasse was really nice. In all great spot worth the drive to the west island.