“Best Smoked Meat!”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Ready for this. Chenoys has the best smoked meat in Montreal. I have tried all of them and while all are good, Chenoys tops them all. Located on the west island thirty minutes from the city of Montreal, Chenoys is an institution in Pointe Claire. Smoked meat melts in your mouth and their fries are some of the best ever. Nothing beats it. Don't forget to grab a slice of strawberry cheesecake to go you'll appreciate it later.

1  Thank MichaelChen2015

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Huge menu selection and a good late night stop. Have eaten many menu items and I would suggest it to anyone.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

My husband brought me to Chenoy's for lunch while we were out in the burbs for a car wash. The look from the outside was prefab '70s reminding me of a big Pizza Hut or family restaurant stuck in time, so I told him 'this better be good'. And it was! when you walk in, to the left is a line for the deli where the meats are freshly sliced I assume for carry out - to the right is hostess seating with a full service alcohol bar - another surprise. Our server was amazingly attentive and cheerful and nice. We both had a bowl of the chicken vegetable rice soup to start. Homemade and tasty! Hubs had the caesar salad with chicken (huge - he could not finish), and I had a smoked meat sandwich. simple...on a little plate, forgoing the fries and pickle that I could have had. The smoked meat was delicious, tasty, moist, just right! Hubby was jealous, but his salad was also good. We will be back the next time we drive out to Dollard-des-Ormeaux for a car wash.

1  Thank LeBonVieTravels
Reviewed 14 October 2015

It's not up there with the great Montreal delis like Schwartz's; Rubens; Dunn's or the late, lamented Ben's, but Chenoy's still offers solid food and service at reasonable prices. Went there for a late supper with friends, not crowded and the service was fast.
Smoked meat was tasty but not exceptional, milkshake was good. I'd go again if I was 1) hungry and 2) in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

The food is always good but we go for the friendly service. The price of the items on the menu are reasonable and caters to most budgets. This restaurant has been around for a very long time and it feels like coming home to the local diner. Not a reastaurant to take on a first date but a great place to enjoy a great breakfast or for a great smoke meat sandwich with your friends. I wished i could remember our waiter's name as he made our experience so much fun.