“Love the pasta and atmosphere!”

Restaurant La Verita
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant La Verita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 14 - USD 38
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sources blvd.
Description: Nestled in the heart of the West Island; La Verita is an Italian fine dining experience that is bound to impact your senses. The focus is to ensure guests delight with the restaurant's modern Italian cuisine, while surrounded by a warm and trendy decor. A relaxed atmosphere is what has allowed La Verita to be the new trend in upscale dining. The experienced and devoted staff will go the distance when it comes to professional, friendly service, combined with a dining experience beyond your expectations. The dining experience at La Verita is never unvaried, with a menu that changes weekly. Choices feature a wide variety of pastas, risottos, poultry, meats, fresh fish, and so much more. La Verita makes it a point to prepare everything in house, ensuring a quality taste that only true freshness could satisfy. Delectable desserts created by the in-house pastry chef are sure to be the perfect ending to spectacular dining. La Verita offers an extensive wine, grappa, and single malt scotch list which provide choice, as well as value. Simply put, La Verita is the refined Italian restaurant that must be experienced for oneself.
Reviewed 12 May 2015

I have only been here once, but I would definitely go again. I like that they have seasonal menus so you know that their food is fresh. This place is always packed. It's really beautiful inside. I got a mushroom pasta dish and it was amazing. The sauce was fabulous.

2  Thank Ekta K

Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

La Verita truly is a wonderful Italian restaurant. I often have my reservations and doubts when it comes to fancy restaurants. Too many times I have been disappointed by the beautiful decor and the less than quality cuisine. Owners often focus on the look rather than the menu.

Last night, we visited the restaurant to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and I can honestly say that we had a wonderful experience, from the service to the food. Entrees, main dishes, wines...all excellent. Very tasty. What really impressed me was the pasta. Not only for the taste, but especially for the fact that it was cooked " al dente ", just like it is supposed to be cooked.

La Verita!! The truth is that it is worth a visit.

2  Thank MusicMonster
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Beautiful decor, excellent food and wine, quiet, efficient and friendly service but not invasive. We were 4 friends, all ladies, out for a wonderful dinner. The service was simply excellent. We shared the crab cakes as appetizers, then salads and one soup so creamy and delicious. We all had fish, all were cooked to perfection absolutely nothing was overcooked. One of us had the cajun fish full force and was raving about it while two others had the mild cajun and one chose the lemon salmon; everything was so fresh. They didn't have the wine we had chosen but our server recommended an excellent replacement from their private collection at almost the same cost and we were all delighted. Dessert blew us away! Our server came to our table with her Tablet and showed us the desserts ... we go out a lot but had never seen this presentation. What a super idea! We wanted to try them all but settled on a different one each so we could share ... after sharing, we couldn't decide which one was the best! La Verita has now become our favourite restaurant in the West Island and we plan to return often! We went during the week and although not crowded, quite a few tables were occupied. They also have a very private terrace in the summer and we are all looking forward to that!

5  Thank ELLET919
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

There has been few restaurants where I've eaten that have been flawless and La Verità was one of them...excellent quality...good presentation...good service and affordable. I would definitely go back!

3  Thank atomic_pete
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I was a part of a large group that dined at La Verita back in January.

Overall the experience was very pleasant. The staff was very attentive, the food was served within a good time frame, the meat was cooked as requested, and the wine reccomendations were spot on. My only concern would be that the restaurant is starting to show its age on the inside. There are a few modern touches but for the most part you can see the old style paint, chipped corners, etc. The restaurant could use a bit of a refresher. By no means does it need a makeover but a nice refresher.

I’d gladly go back again to this restaurant and recommend anyone that is thinking about going to go. Nice overall experience.