“I wouldn't recommend it.”
Review of Sorelle and Co.

Sorelle and Co.
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Thornhill
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I recently had the opportunity to try a brownie from Sorelle, I was expecting something better having tried dozens of other brownies including vegan and non-vegan options. To save you some time if you don't want to read the whole review I cannot recommend this bakery based on the brownie alone being absolutely terrible in multiple ways. For the sake of disclosure, I am a baker, currently, I make brownies and other baked goods but my passion is brownies and the perfection of my product, as a result, I am always trying brownies.

The main reason I dislike the brownie from Sorelle was due to the flavor, it tasted like there was something burnt in it (likely chocolate? Perhaps melted chocolate chips?) and why is there molasses in it? Molasses does not fit into this brownie and removing it would improve the product tremendously because it destroys the flavor profile. The other issues with the brownie were the texture and the icing, I do not understand why their icing tastes the way it does, it tastes processed, slightly artificial and the only reason I can think it tastes like this is because they are adding something to it to stabilize the frosting for higher temperatures mixed with what I assume is an artificial vanilla if any vanilla was present.

The other issue with the brownie I tried was its texture, it was less like a fudgy brownie and more like a spongey boxed cake that rivals what I can buy for $1 at my local no frills. I also don't understand the reasoning behind putting edible pearls on the brownie, because the brownie itself is a sponge and the icing is so light the pearls are a drastically different texture and when you bite into one your brain is thrown off by the mixed textures creating a product that isn't particularly good.

I wouldn't recommend this bakery, after trying the brownie I have no intentions to try any of their other products. I had three other people try brownies with me and all of us were in agreement that this product was far below average and not something that we would be proud to produce.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I ordered avocado on toast and it was so bland. I understand the gluten, dairy and nut free but taste free?

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This cafe is gluten-free and vegan. The food was absolutely amazing. Not too many of these type of restaurants are around. You can have high tea here as well. The seats are so comfortable and it feels like you are in your friends living room. The berry dish is delicious.

I will for sure return to this cafe. Staff and service were very good.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We've had a quick bite at Sorelle, enjoying great beverages and a beautiful interior. Coffee and shakes tasted great, and so did Gingerbread cookie. This place advertises itself as gluten-free, soy-free, sesame-free, vegan, nut-free, preservative-free cafe. The prices were more on a high end, which is understanding because of the above-mentioned factors. They also offer Private Parties as well as High Tea. Now High Tea is super expensive at $ 50.00 a person, so those of you who don't prioritize themselves and are all for social justice, you won't go for a High Tea Ritual here. However it's worth a visit for a piece of pastry and a refreshing drink either inside cafe, on a soft leather chair with a leather pillow or outside, on a cozy patio.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t go for the food. If you are a guy, DON’T GO. They have lots of sweets, avocado toast was horrible. Coffee was a disaster. This is a vegan place, so gluten free bread doesn’t have any taste. They put very small layer of avocado on a toast. It took them 25 min for a salad and toast and it wasn’t busy.

I don’t recommend it to a guy, this place is for females.