“Great Hotel in Haiti”
Review of Dan's Creek Hotel

Dan's Creek Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port-Salut
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed two nights in this wonderful Hotel and enjoyed the perfect location. The staff was very friendly, the room very clean and the food excellent. A perfect place to relax and have a romantic stay. Breakfast and dinner is included in the room rates. I highly recommend Dan`s Creek Hotel and for sure, I will come back !!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank speckzwerg
There are newer reviews for Dan's Creek Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just returned after a fantastic wedding weekend at Dan's Creek. The bridal party stayed in the apartment which was quaint and new, well-appointed (only caveat is that if you are looking for privacy between the floors of the apartment it's really not there). It has 2 bathrooms which worked well for 4 women. The property could not be anymore charming and the location is ideal. It is close to the public beach at Port Salut if you want a larger beach than that at Dan's Creek.

I am shocked to see any complaints about bad service. We found the service to be excellent. The staff and Katia were completely willing to help in any way possible. The service for food was faster, better, and friendlier than many other places I have been in Haiti.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Katia outdid herself. It was the most elegantly decorated wedding I've been to anywhere...even beating out stateside weddings. Katia has an excellent eye for detail and manages her staff very effectively. We thoroughly appreciated her efforts.

If you're looking for a hopping party spot, this isn't it. If you're looking for a great place to relax surrounded by beautiful scenery (bluer water than when I was recently on the Napali coast in HI)...this is your spot.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank courtneyjo80
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Although this property was blessed by mother nature's beauty, the service was terrible. First when they were putting in a bed for my two children three of the cleaning ladies (who were there for one bed) decided to literally lounge on the couch in the room. I thought they hadn't seen me. When I drew their attention to the fact that you can't do that , they didn't bother getting up, so I asked if they wanted to sleep in my bed too, and then they just said "here's the bed"!
We were there for a wedding, after asking for drinks many times we gave up and asked for water, we still had to ask 4 times!!! When we asked for alcohol, we were told no alcohol would be served, then we see two glasses of whiskey arrive, when we asked why we were refused, they said it's only for people who have a room, when we said we have a room, they said we should have told them so!!
All this not because of lack of personnel, on the contrary there were plenty with their arms crossed standing on the sidelines as spectators!!
No water in the morning for our shower.
All this for an extremely outrageous price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank homezgr8t
ksim0872, Manager at Dan's Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Dan's Creek Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best experience and service has always been our mission. We have taken note of your experience and are continuously working on improving customer service. We hope that you will find next time that your stay with us is a time of prompt attentive service.

If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Shannon
Dan's Creek Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Very much enjoyed staying here. The staff was great (especially the bartender, Martin!), rooms very clean, gorgeous little cove to wade around in, and plenty of spots to just lounge and relax with a Prestige beer or a rum and watch the sea.

The owner was extremely helpful and may be able to help you get out and around the countryside. Highly recommend riding down the coast or seeking out the caves.

Note: Breakfast and dinner in the open cafe area are included in the room rates.

I highly recommend Dan's Creek Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bradbabo
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is a great hotel! Considering that I am in Haiti, it felt as though I was in Club Med. Everyone is very friendly. The room and view is absolutely breathtakinging beautiful. The entertainment was a lot of fun. I had the internet so I wasn't cut off from the outside world. I would recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Katucia L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-Salut
25.5 km away
156.6 km away
Hotel Cyvadier
Hotel Cyvadier
#1 of 5 in Jacmel

Been to Dan's Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!