All reviews main building romantic weekend two days comfortable rooms great food overnight stay one night high quality actors lake history surroundings conference airport meeting stockholm atmosphere
Reviewed 3 October 2014

We were here for a friends wedding and the entire hotel was booked for the group.
Location:
This place is about 30mins away from the central station in Stockholm. We were transported by a private bus, else the other way to get here would be taxi which should cost you 200-300SEK. Not the best place to stay if you plan to tour Stockholm especially city centre
Rooms:
The rooms are small and cosy, nothing fancy. We found the bathroom to be quite small. Small rooms meant small beds and if you are 6" tall+ you would have trouble fitting in on the bed.
Hotel and surroundings:
There are no paved roads on the premise, and this makes taking luggage around difficult (the wheels don't roll on the gravel). This a lakefront property, but there is no easy way to down to the lake… we managed to find a path, but that was quite muddy and hindered with shrubs and bushes. They have some lovely apple trees around, which were full of fruits when we were around. There is nothing much around the hotel, so apart from a quick walk around the property we were quite bored in our free time.
Food and service:
As part of the wedding guests, we had a buffet arranged for dinner and the service and quality of food was excellent. They served closed to a 100 guests with minimal problems. There was a small place for dance and music. Breakfast was good with the usual spread of breads, cereals, fruits etc.
Summary:
Good place if you planning events or conference, won't recommend for tourists (which I guess is anyways not what the hotel is advertising)

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShachinB
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Was attending an exhibition in Kastamassen, Stockholm so looked for hotels supposedly nearby. Prices were good at Sastaholm so booked it. It certainly is not near by. Access to Stockholm (if you don't have a car) is Taxi only and that is about 320K each way. The hotel is so far out there is no convenient public transport. So to the hotel itself, good rooms, clean. excellent breakfast good public lounge areas free Wifi free coffee and tea. However as it is a conference hotel the lounge areas can at times be a little busy with delegates on a break. Dinner is limited menu and expensive. The hotel has extensive grounds and I guess as a centre for touring around if you have your own transport it could be ideal but if you need to get in and out of the city ot the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin J
Katarina M, Chef at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Martin, first of all, thank you for having choosen Såstaholm when you last visited Stockholm. I am sorry that our location turned out to be a little far out for you convenience. We are aware of the lack of good public communications to Såstaholm and are working on it to be improved. You also mention that the dinner menue was limited and expensive. This we will naturally take into consideration when we decide what we will offer to our guests in the future. Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Såstaholm, maybe for a short holiday? kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Views from dining room and porch area are gorgeous. Lake extremely pleasant and provided boats were well maintained. Lake area also pleasant and natural.

Breakfast very generous and varied.

High level toiletries and comfortable rooms. Might be time for new mattresses but this small issue did not detract from our overall excellent experience. Just an extremely pleasant place to be.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank levtahor
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a great stay here just before midsummer eve in June. The staff was amazing. Food was excellent, setting was idyllic out in the country with views in the dining room overlooking Vallentuna Lake, karaoke costume party downstairs was an absolute hoot, and taxi service to nearby areas was quick. The rooms were very small in the European tradition, but very clean. The only problem we had was one of the cleaning crew came in my room to clean while I was in the shower and then knocked on the bathroom door to ask me to please let her clean the bathroom. I went dripping wet, but wrapped up in robe and towel, into the bedroom area to get clothing out and ready while she finished since I was on a schedule for a boat trip and dinner in Stockholm that night. Just thought that was very weird that she could not come back and finish in 30 minutes. Oh well. I did not let that bother me or ruin my wonderful vacation/conference! We had one large catered meal there which was extremely good, and another smaller meal with a smorgasbord of various foods served out in a smaller rustic building which contained a fireplace and windows overlooking the lovely wooded slope down to the Lake, which was also fabulous and the staff was very nice and gracious letting us carry on until the late hours with lots of wine and laughter. Highly recommend this place and make sure you use your do not disturb sign for the door!

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face into the main drive entrance. This can be a noisy or bustling area during group gatherings, weddings, bus tour drop off and pick ups, or people coming back to the separate west or east wings from the bar or late dinners who are loud, etc. Ask for a woods view facing the back if possible so you can open the windows in the evening.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Såstaholm is surrounded by beautiful open fields where horses enjoy the green grass. The buildings are old but with a modern twist on the interior decor. Stunning view of Vallentuna sjön from the main dining area. Incredible food and super friendly staff. Free wifi and the breakfast is to die for.

I did the cross training with Abbe which was a real treat ( I was sore for about three days after) and did yoga which I also recommend. Great teacher.

There was a couple of weddings going on during my family's stay and I saw several of them all dressed up in the late hours. Roomers say there is a closet filled with anything from feather boas and hats to wigs and dresses. Does it really get better than that?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family