All reviews afternoon tea brands hatch cream tea wedding reception my mum dvd player brandshatch place every member of staff evening meal birthday treat food was lovely coffee machine enjoyable stay special occasion wedding anniversary waiting staff good nights sleep
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I spent good few hours searching online and enthusiastically reserved a table for my boyfriend’s surprise birthday. He loves getting away from London to the hidden treasures of countryside.
I was truly impressed when I discovered this beautiful place, 30 miles from London.
I must say the dining room did not impress me and it was below my expectation.

The ambience is average, the staff at barman was very polite and served us fantastically.
The food was delicious, portions are very small though. The staff was very polite.
SADLY, the surprise birthday desert was the most disappointing thing of the evening.
The waiter just left it on the table and moved to the next table (a glass plate with four small chocolates at corner and birthday message). No candle, no attention to the person/ occasion & no wishes from anybody. It didn’t even feel like a special celebration.
I was shocked with the way of presentation in a so called 4 start hotel. Most restaurants know how to get this right. My boyfriend is so kind he still appreciated it so much.

So if you are looking to surprise your special someone on a special occasion, think twice before you go to this place! I will not recommend.

Preety

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank preety m
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review on tripadvisor following your recent visit. I am sorry that you felt the restaurant ambience was average and that the complimentary birthday plate we arranged for you did not meet with your expectations. We do offer a variety of items to help celebrate birthdays including cake and bottles of champagne, please accept my sincere apologies if these were not offered to you at the time of booking.
I have shared your comments with the team on duty and asked that they give more thought to the delivery of our birthday plates.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a two night break with my sister. Staff welcoming on arrival and always saying hello in passing. Food plentiful. Spa facilities were amazing and well worth doing. Were treated like we were important, cannot fault anything. Will definitely recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Tracey H,
Thank you for your review and for your recommendation. It is clear to see that you really enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I arranged my friends Hen do at the Brandshatch which included afternoon tea, private dining and overnight stay with full use of the spa facilities.

On arrival we were warmly greeted by reception staff and then introduced to Trevor our wonderful host for the day. The variety of sandwiches and cakes on the stands was plentiful and fresh. Due to the numbers in our group we was given the private dining room as complimentary which worked out perfectly for our hen do fun and games.

The rooms ambience for the evening private dining was warm and elegant just what we required to end the night. The food was delious, no complaints from anyone. My only issue was when I was discussing the menu with the event organiser there was a slight misunderstanding with how the menu selection works which does need to be made clear from the offset. However this issue was quickly rectified by Brandshatch.

The rooms we booked was the executive suite. I was fortunate to be upgraded to the junior suite.....thanks Brandshatch! The room was clean and spacious, bed comfort 8/10. Now I'm not a light sleeper but there is either a generator or the A.C. vent which sporadically makes a loud humming noise during the night, which was my only let down for the room.

I didn't get around to using the spa facilities but others in my group did, and were pleased. The following mornings breakfast was really good with decent portions and they was able to cater to everyone's food requirements.

I am amazed at what we got for the whole package for the price we paid. I would most definitely return again. Wonderful staff hosting which truly adds to the experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay. It was pleasing to see that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I will be sharing your kind words with the team.
Best regards

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Overnight stay in Classic’ room at £138 not cheap. Certainly for a very small room only. Room was very very tiny but it’s just an overnight stay so what the hell.Not a good start. No tv channels other than bbc and cbbies, No Sky. Your description gave the impression you could get sky when in fact you only got one sky sport channel and Sky Main Event channel that was blank. I expected lots more Sky channels, especially at £138 for just a room and no meals. After numerous attempts by maintenance to resolve I finally solved this for them by retuning both tv and satellite myself which sorted out getting the freeview and limited Sky channels available. Anyway, then the toilet broke which being behind the tiling we finally had to move to another room, slightly bigger.
To sum up. It’s a lovely hotel. Full efforts to help, although failing, were forthcoming. I like that. Willingness to help out soothes dissapointment and the staff were more than helpful.
To the management. Attention to detail. This is not criticism, this is to make a nice hotel spot on so don’t take this bad. Room 41. Door lock on inside does not work.. front of bath filling unit/ overflow fell off. Sack your tiler. Quality of finish on panels covering services on toilet and sink are deplorable with excess grout and silicone everywhere, same in rm 39. In here the wallpaper is attrocious and quality of decorating is shall we say, Stevie Wonder level, poor joints, open joints, poorly painted, patchy. The toilet door had no lock. Lot of auto door closers need attn as doors clanking when closing. It disturbs people. Your guests need making aware that other people are trying to sleep when they return late and not slam their door. Not carry out loud conversations in the corridors. A polite ‘plz show consideration for others and don’t slam the doors’ , you get what I mean. A few reminding notices?
Your staff are your greatest asset, helpful, attentive and willing to go the extra yard. Praise them. They were good.
For the price the room and tv were dissapointing. Rm 39 especially.
Take these few points on board and better decorating standards, perhaps price review of smaller rooms and you have it cracked. Oh! Sort out the in-room entertainment, it lets you down badly.
Four In A Bed no.1 question...would I stay again? Value for money, no. Better decor, amenities tv etc, and larger room yes as everything else, comfort etc was spot on.
Nice touch, bottle of wine in room for inconvenience. Really appreciated.
We did have a comfortable stay, nice bed, good sleep apart from couple gassing in corridor early hours and still woke refreshed.

Room tip: the basic 'classic' room was nothing special I thought it was little expensive....
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan P
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor and for the constructive comments in contained. It was also nice to meet you briefly on the day, when I came to the room.I have shared your comments with our maintenance team and tasked them to review as soon as possible.With regards the amount of Sky channels available we have recently upgraded both our televisions and our offering which should include:
Sky Sports News
Sky Sports F1
Sky Sports Golf
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Atlantic
I can confirm that I have contacted our external contractor and asked him to investigate this issue, as well as giving the Hotel team including myself additional training on trouble shooting.
Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback as it helps us to improve the service we offer all of our guests.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at Brandshatch Spa before and this was my return visit.

We booked it the day before for our anniversary and for a treat before I gave birth. We was allocated room 28 which was a junior suite. We didn’t book a package as we wanted to chill in the spa and hibernate in ours rooms with room service ! The room was lovely but only had a double bed. Unsure if this was something I missed when booking but I was expecting a larger bed.

There was no mention of our anniversary when arriving in the room which I have had before which would have been nice touch. The bathroom was lovely, came with toiletries but we did bring our own. Coffee and tea was provided which we took full advantage of. We took a trip to the Spa which was a bit of trek up and down especially when heavily pregnant so if your like me your probably should have requested a room closer to the spa as it was very hard work up and down the stairs!

The spa was lovely and wasn’t too busy, so it was very relaxing. We was provided lovely dressing gowns and slippers. They also came and knocked and provided more milk and biscuits later in the evening.

The only bug bears I had as this was something I wanted to feel special about is no mention of our anniversary even if was a congrats. The room service took 50 minutes to arrive. The room was also very hot and we had to have all the windows open as air con was making our throats quite dry. The tv was a smart and would often cut out on channels so we stuck to the ones that worked! Also a lamp is directly fixed next to it which probably isn’t nesscary and is eyesore next to the tv.

We pre-ordered breakfast, this where we felt slightly let down. We only got one egg when we should have two. My breakfast was incorrect I asked for poached but it was hard boiled egg basically. No knives or forks were provided, we had to ask. We ordered a glass a milk each and this was missed. We had two pots of tea and no teabags were provided only herbal. Our pastries also wasn't included we had to call for them.

I would definitely go back but if there ever was a chance to make a couple feel that special the opportunity was missed on this occasion.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacation591955
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent anniversary stay, please accept my apologies that you are only receiving a belated congratulation now.
I have of course shared this and your constructive comments on your room service experience with the team. Please rest assured that these are not levels of service and communication we strive for as previously experienced by yourself in the past.
Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback as it helps us improve the service we offer all of our guests both old and new.