All reviewsafternoon teabrands hatchcream teadvd playerwedding receptionrestaurant staffevery member of staffevening mealmy mumbirthday celebrationbrandshatch placea lot of noisethree course mealcoffee machinefood was lovelyenjoyable staywaiting staff
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Had a two night stay here for a birthday treat. The hotel is lovely. Nicely decorated and clean but its the staff who made it special. A big special thank you to Grace on reception who really made our stay special.
Lovely room.
The spa is nice but the pool, jacuzzi.etc could be bigger. But still lovely to use.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and kind words which I will be sharing with Grace and the rest of the team.
Best regards

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit as a family for afternoon tea but on this occasion we were somewhat disappointed. The bread was a little dry and I suspect the sandwiches had been prepared prior to our arrival. The scones were a little on the small side but were fresh and delicious, however, one pot of the “clotted cream” had melted and had turned to liquid as soon as the plate stand was set on the table and we had to ask for it to be replaced and feel that this should have been checked beforehand. It also became embarrassing to repeatedly ask for the milk to be replenished as two very small jugs is not enough for a few people drinking two or three cups of tea/coffee each. The cakes that accompanied the tea were very tiny and the slices very thin although again, they were delicious. The staff were obliging and friendly and the setting perfect.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam Toao B
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you sharing your review on tripadvisor and for the constructive feedback it contained. Please accept my apologies that this visit did not match your previous experience and rest assured that I have shared you comments with the team.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

When we want to treat ourselves we have a night away at BrandsHatch Place and again we had a lovely time at the hotel; dip in the pool, dinner, great breakfast and a stroll round the gardens - recharge the batteries.
There's a lot going on at the hotel with weddings, parties and other guests - but it's a hotel after all, I think it would be a bit much to expect it to be just us staying there. Staff are very helpful especially in the Spa and on Reception.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dp571
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for you review following your return to Brandshatch Place, it was pleasing to see that everything was as it should be.
We do hope we see you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Took my daughter for her first afternoon tea as a little birthday treat.

The restaurant was very quiet. In fact we were the only guests. The tea selection was brilliant, and the tea boxes were a nice touch.

The food was tasty. The scones small but really light and the ham and cream was plentiful. The cakes were delicious.

Service was friendly and efficient but relaxed. I had a couple of top ups of tea, which wasn't a problem.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent visit. I am glad the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your afternoon tea.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I hate having to write a negative review but it’s unfortunate that our first stay was at it is.

Even if it was only for one night I would have liked to be more relaxed from the off.

We got a room on the ground floor which was a disabled room - not a problem except the sink was so low that we had to bend over to use it.

The chairs in the small (coinjoined room) were dirty and sadly the choice of fabric showed it up!

Not every room can look over nice grounds but this one had a less than complimentary view of a back yard with a rack in one corner and an abandoned block of soil in a wheel barrow on the other!

The room wasn't worth what we paid for it - without breakfast.

Ok to the spa - we thought we would relax a while and on entrance it was promising. The glistening Elemis products al neatly lined up! I was gutted I couldn’t get a treatment! It was also really quite so we really thought we would be in for a treat.

However when we got downstairs I only ended up feeling worse! Please, please clean up! It’s dirty and NOT relaxing. I kept begging my husband and repeating “don’t touch the walls, don’t touch the walls”. The sauna floor didn’t feel hygienic (the floor tiles were so old the stains seemed deeply embedded.

The chlorine in the hot tub was over powering (at least the extreme heat of the sauna and steam rooms and the excessive chlorine would kill the germs I felt were lurking on the stained grout and broken tiles).

On to the pool - again - just scrub down guys! The rim of muck around the inside felt like 3 month old bathtub scum and the dark black mould around the pool and on the floor tiles made me so happy I brought flip flops.

I wanted to go back this morning to take pictures but could not bare to back in there.

I know it’s a stallwart and a classic but should be a relic! It’s just really dated and tired unfortunately! It could be a gem but it needs a really good scrub!

Next to dinner and I must say I thought we should go local rather than eat here. I’m SO glad we ate here! It totally saved the stay! The staff were lovely and the food was brilliant.

Perfectly cooked and seasoned. What a crowning glory. I could tell why their awards for were food! So stay at a local
Holiday Inn but eat here maybe? But definitely worth having dinner.

Handpicked? Not sure it’s for the rooms, but the food is a sure masterclass on on what the rest of the place should be! Clean, crisp and reassuring.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeekendWhimsy
Scott-T-McDonald, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay, it was pleasing to read your positive comments relating to the team and the food quality. Conversely I was very disappointed to read your comments on the room and the Club facilities.

Following a review of guest feedback we recently made the decision to upgrade the hotel exterior and uncover the windows in some rooms which had previously been covered in opaque film with the objective of allowing in more natural light. I do however appreciate your comments regarding the view and steps are in place to improve this. With regards the chairs, I have identified the room that you stayed in and when I brushed back the baize I could not find any of the dirty marks that you commented on.

In relation to your feedback about the Club, please be assured that a cleaning rota is in place with regular inspections carried out. I can appreciate that when wet, the tiles can appear to be discoloured in certain places and I have also asked our Club Manager to review your comments with our Contract Cleaners to ensure a further enhancement to the service they provide.
It may also help if I explain that all chemicals in the Club area are used in strict adherence to health and safety guidelines. Levels are constantly monitored both electronically and manually but I apologise if you found the smell of chlorine in the hot tub to be overpowering.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review and we hope that even if you do not return to us for an overnight stay, that you will consider visiting us for dinner again in the future.