All reviewsafternoon teabrands hatchcream teadvd playerwedding receptionrestaurant staffevery member of staffevening mealmy mumbirthday celebrationbrandshatch placea lot of noisethree course mealcoffee machinefood was lovelyenjoyable staywaiting staff
Reviewed 22 September 2015

The room we had was in the new wing, which meant it lacked on personality, & was a hike to get there, up stairs, downstairs, round corridors, but we found a short cut out the back door! Our evening meal whilst tasty, we felt the A La Carte menu lacked inspiration. The service was dreadful. So wouldn't rush to recommend the restaurant. Breakfast however was very different. attentive staff, nice freshly cooked English Breakfast. There is a pub just 5 minutes walk away & it very close (5mins) to the paddock entrance of Brands Hatch. The bed was comfortable & the room was quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms & main hotel probably have more personality
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you rated the hotel 'Very Good' overall, and we really appreicate your feedback in order that we can praise the team, as well as concentrate on the constructive comments to further improve the service for the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times, whilst attending meetings in Dartford - all have been pleasant stays. Lovely rooms, good sized bathrooms with powerful showers. The rooms are clean, warm and tastefully decorated. Lovely selection of teas, coffees, hot chocolate and biscuits available in your room. Excellent service from the staff and wonderful breakfasts. Good selection on the menus for both the restaurant and bar. Plenty of parking and a gym/spa - although I have never used these - maybe next time! Definitely recommend this hotel - give it a go :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 504090PhillippaC
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thanks for sharing your recent experiences of the hotel when staying with us for business purposes locally.

We really appreciate your kind feedback and thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the very best

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed overnight in this hotel as we attended my husbands nieces wedding. Unfortunately the weather was very grey & a bit chilly so I didn't get to explore outside. The staff were all professional & friendly, [the Wedding reception was in the hotel]. Only reason not given a 5 was the drinks in the bar after dinner were too expensive. Apart from that we had a great time. I would stay here again but would book a spa treatment / package.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank deborahknight49

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay for your nieces wedding.

Please be assured, we do carry out regular pricing reviews and our drinks prices are comparable and competitive with other four star country house hotels in the local area.

I am pleased that you had a great time and we hope to welcome you back at some point in the future.

KIndest regards

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding nearby. The wedding couple had organised the rooms so the were £150 for bed and breakfast. Looking at the hotel rooms for a Saturday night range from £137-170 so don't feel that we got a good discount. We have stayed at Cannizaro in Wimbledon where the rooms were discounted from £250 to £125.
If I wasn't staying there for a friends wedding I think I might have complained at the price. Our room was tiny and we could hardly get the ironing board out in the morning. It was hard to move around with a suitcase in the room. We also had to go up two flights of stairs to our room with a heavy suitcase as there was no lift.
The breakfast was ok. I am not a fan of scrambled egg on a buffet because it is always cold. There were only a few pastries so I felt rude taking 2 pain au chocolates for my husband and I. We had to go up and get our own tea and coffee and the toast was warm bread.
The only plus I can think of was that the room was very clean.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Char M
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Thank you for posting your feedback following your stay with us recently, however please accept my apologies for your disappointment with some aspects of your stay.

Whilst I am disappointed to read your review, I have already set in motion plans to address the shortfalls that you have listed where required.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 August 2015

We had a very comfortable two-night stay. Enjoyed using the spa facilities and had a very complete breakfast in the morning. Bed very comfy and staff helpful.

We were on a very special occasion and were treated well by the hotel - thank you! Was worried we would be disturbed by wedding going on downstairs but weren't.

Main improvement possibility: double glazing, otherwise great.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Thank you for choosing to stay at Brandshatch Place Hotel to celebrate your special occasion and for taking the time to post a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Regards