“Disappointed…after many trips to this cafe, has reached a new low… won’t be going back. ”
Review of Anvers Cafe

Anvers Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Latrobe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our traditional European style coffee shop takes your taste buds back to the good old days. The speciality of the house is of course CHOCOLATE, hot chocolate in many flavours, chocolate desserts and ... more chocolate. Belgian breakfasts, which include our range of freshly made Belgian style Waffles and light Tasmanian fare luncheon are served together with a range of teas and espresso coffees for morning and afternoon breaks. Breakfast serves from 7am - 12 noon Lunch serves from 12 noon - 3pm Afternoon fare serves till 6pm.
Reviewed 7 October 2023

Very disappointed this visit… have had many visits to this cafe and each time we are less and less impressed. The variety of the food and the size of the servings are decreasing every visit. Today the service was terrible, things missed from our order, and the wrong drinks brought to the table. Waitress’s knowledge of the menu was less than impressive.

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 30 July 2023 via mobile

Aztec Chilli & hot spice is a delightful winter warmer when I'm anywhere near Latrobe. Chilli heat not as dialled up today as it sometimes is, but delicious nonetheless. My personal preference is to enjoy it inside the cafe before the fire - so that you can warm your hands around a ceramic cup.

Date of visit: July 2023
Reviewed 17 June 2023

I have enjoyed my previous visits but it was disappointing to see the menu had been shortened up considerably. The staff seemed clueless, and the Winter Veg Curry was ordinary to say the least, full of potatoes and cauliflower served with rice and Naan bread. The dirt on the glass wear was also displeasing. As a local I won’t be hurrying back.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 30 March 2023

I've been here several times, and always make the trip when I'm in Tassie. The chocolate shop is fantastic - the best chocolates I've found in Australia for sure, and while their truffles are just meh, the chocolate bars compare favourably with actual Belgian chocolate!
The cafe is also amazing - the waffles are fluffy and delicious! I recommend the caramel-banana waffles. The hot cocoa is always worth it, especially on a cold day.
Do make a reservation if you're coming in the peak season!

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 29 January 2023

Had a long and overly ambitious meal here. It was perfect! Not until after the food arrived did I realise I had over ordered – a savoury and a desert. Could’ve had just one of these . . . but I struggled on and managed to get them all down. Very piggy I know, but the food here is excellent. I especially enjoyed the waffles.
The free chocolate samples in the chocolate factory are a bonus on the way out too.
This place showcases some of the best things about Tassie – unusual food, being able to look into the factory, great setting, relaxing gardens, good coffee and helpful staff.
We were in Tassie for three weeks, and visited Anvers three times while there.
Great fun.