All reviews satellite tv shower head a la carte menu pool area is breakfast was included overnight stop family room one night stay comfortable rooms long drive wifi parrots aviaries dstv matrass fridge lawn
Reviewed 25 June 2018

1970's decor, terrible food, disinterested service, "luxury" suites without the luxury all add up to a hotel you should avoid. If this is the best hotel in town, keep on going don't stop here. It was in no way a good experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 28 May 2018

After having checked in early at the hotel, I had dinner at a nearby lodge. I returned at about 21h00, ready to have a good sleep. When I folded back the duvet of the bed I noticed a number of moving bugs on the white linen. I also noticed that, on trying to touch these bugs, they jumped: the reasonable conclusion from this: fleas. I went back to reception and complained. The lady at reception was unfazed, and unconcerned. She lazily told me that I can have another room. I went back to the flea-room, packed all my things that I had carefully unpacked earlier the night, and moved to a new room. I thought I was safe. When I folded back the duvet of the bed in the new room, the same ugly sight: fleas. By this time it was about 21h30. When I tried to phone reception the phone just rang and rang without anybody answering. I got hold of a security guard and enquired where the hotel staff was. He told me that they all had gone home and would only be back the next morning. I told him what the problem was. In some or other way he got hold of a key to one of the "luxury suites" at the hotel, and told me that I should move to the suite. Again I had to pack all my things that were carefully unpacked for the second time after my first move. The "luxury suite" had no fleas. The next morning at breakfast a gentleman appearing to be the manager "explained" to me that the problem in the first two rooms was the thatched roof which he claimed was the origin of the bugs. I told him that I was not really interested in why there were bugs in the rooms, but that I simply wanted a clean bed. There was no apology or attempt to offer a discount on the already inflated price that I had been required to pay upfront when I reserved a room prior to arrival. To add insult to injury, when I ordered a double espresso at breakfast I got an anaemic looking drink of no more than 10 mL in content, and was separately charged R35 for the espresso.(In South Africa a double espresso would generally cost you no more than R20, with perhaps a cost of R30 in the most exclusive restaurant or hotel). A hotel to avoid.

Room Tip: Don't book anything at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Theo B
Hendri G, Manager at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send your review and for bringing the incident to our attention.

I, the General Manager, was on duty that particular night and busy doing cash up in the reception, when you approached our receptionist (Ueputa, our trainee) with the complaint. Yes, she was a bit confused when you spoke to her, and that is why I immediately took over the conversation. I did of course offer my apology for this, and immediately offered another room. I also ensured you I will investigate the “bugs” and in my opinion these “bugs” where not fleas or bed bugs. I did explain that the “creatures” probably live in the thatched roof, as both these roofs where thatched. I sent the security guard along to assist, and lock the other room and bring back the key.

My colleagues and myself went to these particular rooms first thing the next morning to investigate the situation.

After the cash up was done the Hotel was locked, since we do not have a 24 hour reception service. The extra keys are left with the security should there be any incident after hours.

We had a very late rainy season which contributed for the “bugs” suddenly being so active. We have in the meantime treated all thatched roofs from the inside.
The receptionist, who is a trainee, was reprimanded and counselled on handling complaints such as these.
The particular waiter, who was responsible for making the espresso, I could not trace, but all waiters will also be reprimanded and counselled on service delivery.

Unfortunately I was not present when you checked out, otherwise I would have been aware of the espresso hick-up as well. I want to thank you for bringing this incident to our attention again, for us to better on the delivery of our service

Kindly accept my sincere apology for not meeting your standards, and hopefully we can approve on this.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and that you will make use of our facility again.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Booked for a 1 night stopover after Etosha and so glad we did - friendly staff, good rooms and lovely gardens. Evening menu pretty extensive and food very good. Breakfast wasn’t the best we had in Namibia, but freshly cooked eggs were v good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank paulandsue2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Excellent location, excellent staff, very interesting small local zoo with plenty of different parrots.
Very friendly managwer, who managed to arrange pleasant conditions.
Definitely recommend for stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hendri G, Owner at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Good afternoon Mr. Borshchev,

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the C'est Si Bon Hotel and hope you had a wonderful holiday in Namibia. We hope to welcome you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a good and calm situation. A bit disappointed by the bedroom which was very simple compared to what we had in the country. Staff at the reception was not very smiling and seemed annoyed to help us. Maybe we arrived a bit too early.. otherwise the garden is lovely and the swimming pool a must when it is very hot weather.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Hendri G, Owner at C'est Si Bon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for sending your valued feedback.