All reviews piano bar golf course la manga club five star hotel amapola restaurant principe felipe shuttle bus play golf sporting facilities visited this hotel breakfast was excellent hotel pool three courses great golf week stay long weekend the main hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We own a place in LaZenia but as we have a 3 year old I wanted to go somewhere where my daughter could interact and maybe do a few hours in the kids club daily. So we decided to 'treat ourselves' by booking into a 5 star for the first 5 nights and spend the following 7 nights in our own apartment (Which I was so happy to get to by the end of our stay)
Check in on Sunday - my husband pointed out after 30 minutes that there was a half dead cockroach on the floor. It looked like one of us had stood on it. I was worried about eggs so I walked down to reception(which was such a long walk) to let them know. The girl said she would send someone. When I got back upstairs and started to get ready for pool my husband then pointed out heat my makeup bag I just put down in the bathroom a half hour before was now swarmed with ANTS.
Some guy then knocked on the door and said he was room maintenance - "this is Spain, we have cockroaches" shoulders shrugged. I then told him about ants and he instructed cleaners to sort out.
We came back after pool and got ready and went out putting the whole first bad experience behind us.

The next morning my 3 year old daughter Emma got out of bed to go to the bathroom first. She screamed "Mammy Ants Ants Ants Ants" this time they were on the other side of the room beside the fridge. hundreds of them!!!

I went down to reception very calmly to the same girl who I spoke to the previous day. I don't like making a fuss so I told her quietly that our room was infested with ants. No cockroaches, just ants. No apology - she simply said - "maybe we should change your room, pack your stuff and call us when you're ready" So Monday we have to pack all of our items back up and call reception. We then realised in that time my daughter's feet were swelling up, she had no less than 40 bites across the soles of her 2 feet. As every minute passed the swelling and irritation got worse.

A guy knocked to bring us to our room but told us he didn't have our keys so we would have to take the 5 mile walk to reception to collect ourselves.

Although we paid for an extra bed - our new room didn't have one.

We then had to take off in our car to find a chemist.As it was 2 pm, there was very few open. We finally found one after 1.5 hours driving. We were just happy to get a steroid, painkiller and antihistamine for my distraught daughter. A full day ruined!!

I went to recepion to the same lady the following morning on the way to breakfast just to let her know how badly my daughter was affected. I got little more than a shrug. They did not give a dam!!

We realised the kids club wasn't in the hotel but in neighbouring apartments which was a drive away. I asked reception about it and she confirmed it was part of our package but we would need to pay €20 admin fee. This was the main reason we booked this hotel. We dropped my daughter for 2 hours. We stayed in the area next door to it an d checked on her twice. It is a great facility with great staff.
I was happy and we were comfortable with letting her go back day 4.

We were just grabbing lunch when the phone rang the following day - the kids club were looking for their €50 fee(per day) I explained we were staying with the 5 star hotel and were told it was part of package - The lady said not for 3-4 group?? First I heard of it. Needless to say, I didn't go back and my phone was hounded everyday for my stay with some lady looking for €50 for the 2 hours she was there.

The second room we were in was infested with little Beatles. At this point, I didn't see the point going to reception again as they just did not care!! Every morning and everytime we left the room my husband had to kill about 15/20 little Beatles.

As part of our package booking directly, we would get €100 to spend on premises and late checkout. We were pointed to small print and didn't get either.

When I asked the last day what time late check out was- I was rudely told the hotel was full so they need my room back "check the small print, subject to availability and we have no availability"

I told them at the reception that SMALL PRINT IMPLIES BEING DISHONEST. ALL TEXT SHOULD BE THE SAME SIZE UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING!!

We were so happy to leave but disappointed we waisted €1600 on 5 nights when our own apartment was a million times nicer and not infested with insects. Expensive lesson!!

Room Tip: Request to be on top floor and close to reception
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hayleyrock2018
La Manga C, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Principe Felipe - La Manga Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments after your recent visit to La Manga Club.

We are sorry to hear your incicent with the insects and we would like to inform you that this must have been a temporary problem, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

We would like to inform you that we do have a Guest Service Area, located just in front of the Hotel Reception who can give you some piece of advice regarding pharmacies, (there are two on resort) and also solving any problem you might have during your stay, as placing the extra bed. A shuttle bus drives for free on resort, so you don´t have to worry about directions or car hire.

Regarding the extra charge on the Junior Club, we apologize for the lack of comunication and we thank you for bringing this matter to us, we will review comunication policies with a view to ensure our customers receive the best possible service at all times and we will be passing on all your comments to the relevant directors.

We thank you for your comments once again which will really help us improve our facilities and service

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We spent two weeks at this hotel with our 11 and 9 year old children. Before coming I was concerned about the damp smell mentioned on trip advisor. I did ask in advance that we were in rooms without the smell however we were given two rooms with distinct damp. The hotel changed us the day after (303 and 305 absolutely fine) and did so with no argument. It seems they are aware of the issue and dealing with it.

Rooms are spacious and clean with turn down at night. They do need updating but the bed we had was very comfortable and overall rooms on our side of hotel were ok.

The pool is well looked after with a great pool attendant. Towels don’t come out until 10 which is annoying but you can take as many as you like.

Breakfast is disappointing. Good if you like hot but no berries no fruit salad and no bananas! The same two flavours of yoghurt every day made it really yawn for me! On the upside, the orange juice is delicious!

The common parts could do with updating and the air con everywhere is lacking.

Area wise,there are some great restaurants locally and we hired a car. Cartegena is fabulous and only 20 mins away.

I cannot fault the service and all the staff are so helpful and friendly.

As a family holiday we had a lovely break and yes, we would come back but hope the hotel freshens up its appearance and improves its breakfast selection, not everyone wants bread and eggs!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
La Manga C, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Principe Felipe - La Manga Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments after your recent visit to La Manga Club and also for choosing the resort to spend your holidays.

We have paid special attention to your comment about the maintenance, breakfast and the pool service at 10am we would like to inform you that we have passed it onto the relevant department.

We will make sure we follow up all standards and we thank you one again for your comments that really help us improve our facilities and service,

We look forward to welcoming you back to La Manga Club in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great location and fantastic views over the golf course however the hotel is tired. Breakfast is great but all other eating places in the hotel are expensive. Disappointed that I could not use my flotation device in the pool yet it was acceptable for children to bomb in the pool and to have ball games in every part. The pool area was very over crowded with no discipline. I felt sorry for the pool attendant who was spoke to so rudely by one Family whose children were out of control.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
La Manga C, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Principe Felipe - La Manga Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Philippe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review after your recent visit to La Manga Club.
We have paid special attention to your comment about the price of our restaurants and flotation device and we would like to inform you that we have passed it onto the relevant department.

We greatly appreciate your feedback which plays an essential part in helping us monitor our day-to-day operations and improve where necessary.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to La Manga Club soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Poor management. For example they do not take away the empty bottles of the room.
Very expensive food and very poor quality, for example you pay 4 euro for a Fanta. If you want to eat go to places outside the hotel like SI!
However, very good golf instructor (from Sweden)

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Guest,

In reference to the bottles in your room, if you are not satisfied please notify our Reception/Guest Services team who are always at your disposal and will try their absolute best to accommodate your needs, whether this is to empty bottles of the room any other service.

As a company, we continually strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and this is why we would greatly appreciate that you inform our Reception team immediately about any problem, so that we can resolve the issue quickly and you can enjoy your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to La Manga Club in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I’ve had the opportunity to stay during two (2) weeks enjoying my stay in this marvellous and wonderful hotel during my vacations at the beginning of August 2018.

Its not been the first time I visited this hotel (first in 2014) and notwithstanding my previous opinion about it(very good) my current one is even better.

The arquitectural structure of the Resort and interior designs of the hotel are magnificent.

As per this stay has been longer than the first one, I’ve got more grounds to explain why I do highly recommend this hotel to all Tryp Advisors’ readers by just a mere group of examples (obviously not all of them are included):

1.- the impressive views from the hotel to the golf courses.

2.- excellent treatment by every employee

3.- superb cuisine in the Amapolas restaurant

4.- excellent cook at that restaurant

5.- there is also a Wide range of restaurants (in my opinion following the Amapola -the best- it’s compulsory to visit the Indian restaurant with fantastic views) all along LA MANGA CLUB RESORT.

6.- treatment by the hotel’s employees is excellent. No need to mention any names as it’s spread all over any department and tasks.

7.- Nacho, the piano player is capable to enjoy a hilarious evening with people dancing upon the piano (I did IT BY myself and with my wife too).

8.- the impressive management always at guests disposal.

I could continue but I rather prefer you all live your own adventure at this amazing stay in this superb hotel resort.

Luis de Valle PhD