“Meh. Don't bother!”

Beefeater George In The Tree
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Whether you're visiting the NEC Arena, Kennilworth Castle or Warwick Castle, the George In The Tree is the perfect place to stop for a bite!
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Not great from start to finish. Barely had sat down and was being asked what we wanted to order so felt rushed from the start. Two in our group ordered steaks one medium rare one medium, both came out extremely well done. Fries on one our our chosen meals were undercooked and cold and for the prices on the menu to be as they are (extremely high) in comparison to more local pubs or restaurants closer to home. Also waiter never once came round to check if the meals we received were ok. We came here for a family member birthday but won't be coming back ever again

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Part of the Beefeater chain that used to serve much like the old Berni Inns. It’s a shame the food has stayed in that generation. Too focused on super-sizing things and we don’t like the hard sell when it comes to what we want. Pressured into an order we didn’t really want. It was tasty but not worth the money. Maybe worth another go but we live locally and aren’t likely to run there.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Me and my family stayed at the Premier Inn next door for a wedding last weekend and decided to eat here at the restaurant. Me and my brother ordered the Nachos for a starter which were delicious, the BBQ baked beans that go on them is delicious. The waiting staff were friendly, which was another thing I liked, even the bartenders were lovely as well.

I had the Smothered Chicken from the menu and thought that was really good, nothing wrong with the meal at all and was enjoyable. Everyone else on the table enjoyed their food which ranged from burgers, Asian Salad, Feta & Cheese Lasagne and they all enjoyed it. The only problem we had was with the Beef Lasagne which only had two tiny bits of minced beef in it, which was a shame because lasagnas aren't hard to make. However, the waitresses dealt with it in a sincere and professional manner, so thank you.

Our food came out relatively together which was good, the bill was also split and there were no problems with that either.

The continental breakfast has a good variety of juices available, my favourite was the smoothie and the coffee isn't bad either. There is also a selection of fruits and cereal, including granola. I opted for the cooked breakfast which was okay, I opted for beans which didn't arrive, the bacon was very floppy and extremely salty which was a shame and I couldn't eat it. It was a very basic cooked breakfast which wasn't cooked very well, to be honest, if it was cooked better I would have probably eaten it.

I also thought it was cheeky how the waitress said they were trying to cut down on waste, but the problem is if the food is continuously not cooked right then obviously people are going to waste food. I also think it's cheeky because you're paying for the cooked breakfast, it's not exactly free and if I had known it was going to be so bad I would have never got one in the first place. Other then those comments I did think she was friendly and created a good rapport with us.

The last thing is if you're sitting outside be prepared for the strange sewer/manure smell, it can be quite off-putting.

1  Thank Annalee D
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I have been about half a dozen times over the last few months for breakfast and every time has been great. The staff (whoever is on) although this week it was Cath, Phil and Hannah are always friendly, helpful and very hard working. It can get busy as it is adjacent to a premier inn. However, it doesn’t affect the service as the staff are always clearing up, topping up and serving. Anyway this is our favourite breakfast place the food is lovely and they have the most choices around, one of hubbies favourites is the fruit smoothie !!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have been to this restaurant many times now with my wife for both mains and breakfast meals. With a good car park with plenty of spaces, and a very nice location. The restaurant is always spotlessly clean, the service is excellent with very helpful and pleasant staff. The food has always been brilliant, no rushing between courses just great food in a very comfortable surroundings. All you can eat breakfasts, especially good if you have a long day ahead of you.