“Really poor ”

Restaurante Grill La Casona
Ranked #49 of 103 Restaurants in Tias
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

We were advised to try this restaurant by a local ..I can only assume he had a vested interest in the business because the food was poor and cold the mixed grill was not good at all the chicken was like fish and the chips were cold ..We will not be visiting again .

1  Thank millersontour64

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Starters very nice.

Main meal the chicken was salty & chips were cold, the mixed kebab was tough & cold chips again.

Won't be visiting again.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

Just had a very pleasant meal, pizza meal skewer and carbanara all was excellent and I certainly would not call this place expensive.
We will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

We really wanted to love this place - it was recommended by the owner of our villa and the waiter was very friendly, but sadly the food wasn't great and it was expensive for what we got.

There's no children's menu which isn't an issue in the sense of giving kids a choice. There are plenty of dishes on the menu that our kids like, but we had no choice but to order an adult portion - which meant paying around 9 Euros for a plate of spaghetti or a pizza for a small child. It would be good if they could offer half portions for kids, although had our kids all wanted the same dish, they could have shared.

My son enjoyed his prawn cocktail, but the garlic bread my daughter ordered was odd. It was two slices of white bread covered in a red paste with garlic. I had the baby squid which were a bit chewy/overcooked. For our mains, the kids had pizza, spaghetti, and lasagna which they did enjoy however I am loathe to pay several Euros for pasta with plain tomato sauce on top. I had the house steak which was actually very good and perfectly cooked. My husband had the mixed grill which he thought was only average (the meat was tough and overcooked.)

Overall it's quite hit and miss, and for a high cost. For three starters, five mains, four soft drinks and one beer, the meal cost us 80 Euros. The place was deserted at 7pm on a weekend during half term, which is not a great sign. Such a shame for what could be a great neighbourhood restaurant.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We were in Playa Blanca, and on our way to Casa Saramago decided to stop at La Casona for lunch. From all the restaurants in Lanzarote this was definetely our favorite. The food was excellent, the gambas in garlic oil amazing, pizzas for the kids the way we do at home!! On our way back from Mirador del Rio decided to for lunch again and were not disappointed...Service was excellent!