“Very hit and miss, and very expensive”

Restaurante Grill La Casona
Ranked #49 of 103 Restaurants in Tias
Reviewed 2 June 2015

We really wanted to love this place - it was recommended by the owner of our villa and the waiter was very friendly, but sadly the food wasn't great and it was expensive for what we got.

There's no children's menu which isn't an issue in the sense of giving kids a choice. There are plenty of dishes on the menu that our kids like, but we had no choice but to order an adult portion - which meant paying around 9 Euros for a plate of spaghetti or a pizza for a small child. It would be good if they could offer half portions for kids, although had our kids all wanted the same dish, they could have shared.

My son enjoyed his prawn cocktail, but the garlic bread my daughter ordered was odd. It was two slices of white bread covered in a red paste with garlic. I had the baby squid which were a bit chewy/overcooked. For our mains, the kids had pizza, spaghetti, and lasagna which they did enjoy however I am loathe to pay several Euros for pasta with plain tomato sauce on top. I had the house steak which was actually very good and perfectly cooked. My husband had the mixed grill which he thought was only average (the meat was tough and overcooked.)

Overall it's quite hit and miss, and for a high cost. For three starters, five mains, four soft drinks and one beer, the meal cost us 80 Euros. The place was deserted at 7pm on a weekend during half term, which is not a great sign. Such a shame for what could be a great neighbourhood restaurant.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We were in Playa Blanca, and on our way to Casa Saramago decided to stop at La Casona for lunch. From all the restaurants in Lanzarote this was definetely our favorite. The food was excellent, the gambas in garlic oil amazing, pizzas for the kids the way we do at home!! On our way back from Mirador del Rio decided to for lunch again and were not disappointed...Service was excellent!

Reviewed 24 March 2015

Tried her a couple of times as the first time the food was quite good and of reasonable quality. The restaurant was very quiet. Second time had pasta and I can safely say it was the worst I have ever eaten. Same waiter each time and he was very polite and helpful. Not a lot to see as the restaurant takes up a corner position by a roundabout. Quite expensive for what you get so not sure if we would go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

We have visited this place three times & on these occassions we were riped off by the price of the drinks. On the first visit we were charged 2.50 euro. second time was 3 euro & last was 4 euro each for a large beer. They seem to charge what the feel & this is WRONG and should be stopped.They just take advantage of people. Terrible place.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went for dinner at this restaurant. Was quiet when we went in but we decided to give it a go. I had the "chef special" lamb which was tough, stringy and covered with a gloopy gravy to mask the poor quality. My girlfriend had grilled squid, which was better, but accompanying salad was pretty tired. The very average wine list had minimal choice, basically only Lanzarote white wines. This place felt like it was going to give us a good meal but didn't. Avoid and give your business to one of the other local restaurants in Tias, most of which are better than this.