“Excellent lunch”

The Chocolate Room Cafe and Kitchen
Price range: USD 1 - USD 10
Description: Offering fresh homemade brunch dishes. We make everything on the premises from our delicious breakfast dishes, cakes pastries and even our own chocolates and truffles. Pop in and sample our local coffee and loose teas, a friendly welcome awaits.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We had a very nice lunch here on Saturday. I had the steak sandwich with onion marmalade and melted cheese, my partner had macaroni cheese with bacon and chorizo. Very good coffee as well. Will definitely return for breakfast and pop-up dinner.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The food here is great, I had the mac and cheese and my partner had avocado, poached egg and feta salad. The staff are friendly the decor is clean and modern. This is quite a new place and they are ticking all the boxes for me, good work guys. We will be back!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Went in for a snack, excellent service nice and clean, very good food, good choice.

All in all no problems

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stopped by today, purely based on looking at cakes in the window, but after receiving a warm welcome and having a look at the interesting and varied menu on offer decided to stay for a proper lunch...

Very glad we did! Both meals were delicious and really nicely presented, served in a lovely setting in the heart of Dalton. My only regret is eating so much I had to sit down for a breather on the way back to the car!

It's obvious when the chef really cares about his work, and this one clearly does. Very well done, and we're looking forward to visiting again to try something else on the menu!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Only by coincidence did we turn up here. We were 3 mins too late for breakfast and turned away from another establishment. So we were looking for somewhere that serves breakfast and is on our way to Dalton Zoo in Cumbria.

A quick search on Google Maps revealed this idyllic Cafe. We were greeted very friendly when we arrived, and were told we could choose between sitting on the ground floor or upstairs. We opted for the latter and discovered really old exposed beams which gave the sitting space upstairs a lovely feel. The balance between the old beams and walls and the modern furniture works really well, I think.

A member of staff came to take our order. We ordered a Breakfast Full Roll and a Granola bowl.

I am told the Full Roll was gorgeous and way enough to fill a man up for the day. I enjoyed the granola bowl with yogurt and fruit compote immensely. It was like a roller-coaster for my taste-buds. The granola is made in their kitchen and really is to die for.

I read online that they sell hot pastries, breakfast buns, Granola, scones, Sausage rolls, chorizo hash browns and lots more. Additionally, they stock chocolate gifts, hot drinks, doughnuts and macaroons. We had a little chat with the chap who did the cooking and baking. He said they have plans for the future for chocolate parties.What's not to like??

At the end we also took away a bit of cake (almond/Bakewell sices). So yummy!

The Cafe had a really lovely feel to it when I walked in. I will definitely be back there for breakfast to try the other items on their menu.

Date of visit: June 2018