Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 28
PricelineUSD 50
TravelocityUSD 28
CheapTicketsUSD 28
Orbitz.comUSD 28
Agoda.comUSD 50
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2019

The hosts could not have been any kinder or more helpful. I had a personal issue arise during my stay and the owners went above and beyond to look after me, for which i will be forever grateful. The location is excellent and the accommodation is very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was fabulous! The house has character. i loved it and will most definitely be back!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2019

We had a great time at Casa Alquimia. Our hosts were fantastic, allowing us to check in a little earlier than we had planned, and they were very helpful when it came to organising tours/ excursions. There was a nice atmosphere, our bedroom was very clean and tidy, as was the bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, too! I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2019

Tucked in a cozy area in Monteverde, the hostel feels authentic, homely and is ran by a local family that makes the whole experience ever so unique. A special thanks to Tarsicio, the owner, who helped us throughout our time in Monteverde, but also gave us invaluable advice for the rest of the trip. The breakfast every morning was nice and homemade and the price value was excellent. Highly, highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2018

I stayed two nights at Casa Alquimia and loved it. Very quiet and peaceful, although it was low season and there was only one other guest. The owners are working on fixing up the building, and certain superficial aspects are still a bit...rustic. But the lodging was clean and comfortable. Tarsicio provided great recommendations for activities in the area and took care of booking everything, it was very convenient. The house is within walking distance of the tiny town of Monteverde, and a short, cheap cab ride from the bigger town of Santa Elena. The home-cooked breakfast was delicious as well.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My stay at Casa Alquimia was such a blessing. This is such a very property like nowhere else I have stayed before. The building has a very natural feel with beautiful wood construction and all kinds of artistic accents. The community space is perfect with an open kitchen, dining room, and a living room with a piano and plenty of seating to socialize.

Tarsicio and ‘Nela were wonderful hosts and really made me feel like I was at home with family. I joined them for some meals, which were all excellent, and they shared some great tips and tricks about exploring the area.

I was able to venture to the quaint and artistic towns of both Santa Elena and Monteverde, which are small but very attractive and have a lot to offer in the way of shops, dining, and activities. I also hiked though some of the Cloud Forest reserves and to the top of Cerro de los Amigos on the Continental Divide - which is a great hike with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Nicoya Peninsula.

This place is in such a great location away from the busier town centers but close enough to walk to so many attractions within 20 minutes or less. You don’t really need a car here, and if you’re coming from La Fortuna I’d recommend the jeep-boat-jeep (ask Tarsicio about getting a discount so you don’t pay the full $25). The weather is also cooler than most of the country being up in the mountains, which was very refreshing :)

If you love nature, exploring, kind people, art, and great food, I would definitely recommend staying at Casa Alquimia. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay and I hope to return one day soon!

Date of stay: September 2018