All reviews entertainment team great holiday baby pool fussy eater quiet pool turkish food food was lovely lots of shops cleaned daily eftalia island mini club water sports marko nationalities bingo poolside camel
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Were to start . . . . Arrived at eftalia 26th August only to be kind of pressured in to upgrading to a different eftalia hotel ultra inclusive.. but isn't all inclusive all inclusive?! After checking in with reception we was escorted to our room only to find the room is nothing like the pictures suggest. Very disappointed. No facilities in the room accept a bloody hair dryer and a safe that you had to pay 110tl per week. When I went to reception to speak about our accommodation I was greeted by arrogant reception man who totally dismissed me with the claim that all rooms are the same and they was nothing he could do unless we wish to pay £600 to upgrade to a different eftalia hotel which we declined. Dinner time soon came at 7pm and we was greeted with which could only be described as slop.prisoners in the 3rd world country would be given a better grade of food. Majority of the time English was not catered for unless you would like to spend your whole holiday living of chips, potatos of various description. 9 times out of 10 we had eaten out of the hotel. . .
Housekeeping do not understand do not disturb signs either keep knocking or let themselves in to your rooms. The staff at eftalia in general were unhelpful in most circumstances towards myself and my partner. I will never visit the eftalia hotels again. Roll on Saturday 9th September when we go home. The town of konakli is amazing and beautiful . Shame it houses such a crap hotel.

Kind regards Jamie Lee Purdy

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank purdy1992
Suleyman T, Guest Relations Manager at Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks a lot for your precious comments on behalf of Eftalia Resort.
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share some thoughts of yours regarding our services and in particular our associates. We are honored to have been able to serve you Considering your cons, we will share your comments with our management and take the necessary notes.

If you have any requests or wishes please do not hesitate to write to us anytime and hope to welcome you back to Eftalia Resort on your next trip to Alanya

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived to this hotel and was greeted by staff that were too busy frying to get more money from me to upgrade to a bigger room and Russian people barging past the kids than actually checking us in. Then arriving at the room to find only 3 out of 4 beds were made up and it was past midnight staff kept promising to send linen up but never got it until 4.20 am for a child who had travelled all day and needed bed. Then in the morning food was disgusting cold and inedible so manager said he would move me to a better hotel cos his hotel wasn't suitable for children. Mind at the cost of me another £300 to move and by him I am glad I did I was moved to an amazing hotel which I am about to review

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Toni-Scott H

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I came here on my first holiday alone with my children.
The hotel is very basic I wouldn't say it was a children friendly hotel.
They run a kids club that my children attended but every time came out crying because the lady who runs it was apparently nasty and would just send them on there way alone where my children could of ended up scared the life out of me luckily I stayed in the same place and they easily found me!
Throughout the day there entertainment that my children wanted to join in with the whole two week we was there only one activity they were allowed to participate in.

The food is normal for an all inclusive hotel.

Near the pool there's a henna tattoo and really tattoo shop, here also sell slushs €2 for a cup and €4 for a beaker

A guy called faruk runs the henna and slushes STAY CLEAR! He will try every way possible to get you out of that hotel with him or his colleagues I witnessed him whilst my child was getting a henna (that lasted 2 days) persuading girls to stay at the beach with his colleague and these poor girls were falling for his fakery. He is the only one there that speaks English.
I also had a real tattoo in the studio and although the studio was ever so clean the tattoo was not I have now had to pay more money to get it fixed!

The bar men are lovely and you can have a laugh and a joke with them

There's also a hairdressers on site that are amazing at eyebrow threading a must for sure.

Eftalia island is a must too amazing food and great staff!

Safe to say I'll be sticking to the village or splash in future!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Lizwith2kids
Suleyman T, Guest Relations Manager at Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 4.30 in the morning and our family room wasn't ready...really? We were put in a room with 4 beds in and told to come back at midday. Still wasn't ready !!! We got our room at 1 pm. Adequate bathroom and separate room with 2 single beds ( for our 16 year old) ...we were left with 2 single sofa beds. No mattress protectors...very unhygienic!!! When my husband went to ask for proper beds the receptionist threw his hands in the air and shouted "can't you see I'm busy"...rude !!! Don't try and get food at 7pm..like feeding time at the zoo. No spare tables at all. If you go at 8pm you'll get a table but it probably won't have been cleared from previous diner and you certainly won't get cutlery...you'll have to look for it yourself. Food is very repetitive and geared more towards the Eastern European guests. If you're British don't expect any special treatment from the majority of staff...a few of them were brilliant. The Russians particularly don't know the meaning of queue or politeness. It was quite embarrassing seeing them pile their plates with as much food as they could carry and then leave most of it. We didn't have a single breakfast as we couldn't face watching them first thing in the morning... disgusting!!! The pool areas are dangerous. There are far too many people crammed into a too smaller space. The tiled areas are so slippery when wet. We witnessed 3 people with bandaged heads after slipping. We chose to sit at the "relax pool" Absolute joke. Towels have to be down by 7...in any of the pool areas. Clearly signed no noise,no ball games etc etc...this was ignored completely. Gangs of teenagers causing havoc...even ripping a pool light from under the water and leaving it on the side...I'm surprised no one was electrocuted. Plastic beakers in the pool being thrown around.The relax pool bar didn't open once during our stay...you'll have to walk round to the large pool or lobby bar. There was a coffee machine that was turned on at 10 am but no one replenished the cups or machine for the rest of the day so keep your cup !!! Luckily there is a McDonald's a 10 minute walk up the road...clean tables..well mannered guests...polite staff...we frequented several times. Don't expect a good nights sleep...no one has the decency to close doors quietly and the banging echoed through the whole building. The rooms were cleaned daily but be prepared for the cleaners knocking on your door at 8am. We kept the do not disturb sign on our sons door...typical teenager liked to sleep in a bit...our cleaner complained when I refused to turf him out of bed so she could clean the room. We've been to Turkey many times and everyone has to work extremely hard but a little bit of politeness does go a long way. We too have to work extremely hard to save for our holidays !!!! Never again to this area of Turkey and certainly not this hotel. If you're British and like manners and being treated equally this is not the place for you.If you would like individual preferential service I suggest you learn how to speak Russian ,German or Dutch.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank michelesM9867FP
Suleyman T, Guest Relations Manager at Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My honest review after spending 16 days with my English husband and children 7 and 9.
After reading the negative reviews I was very worried but there was no need.
I'm Czech, my husband English and we live in the Netherlands.

Room- upon arrival at around 1am, the check-in was easy, we book a promo room and got offered €160 two rooms upgrade and we took it. The rooms are basic, one bedroom with two single beds and the sitting room with two sofas to turn into beds. Obviously not the softest but ok. Little fridge. Bathroom with a bath. Both had a aircon. The rooms can be cleaned daily, always fresh towels and bedding.
TV is an old thing with only 3 English news channels.

Food- we are not a fussy eaters and we weren't expecting to be fed roasted big and full English in a Muslim country.
Breakfast choice of about 5 sort eggs, different bread, cereal, jam, cheese, pancakes, fresh veg and lots more. You can pay €1 for a fresh orange.
Lunch and dinner - choice of what I would call fresh cooking - stews, chicken, fish but also chips, chicken nuggets, pasta. And every day something special from a grill like steak. Also lots of cakes and fruit. At the dinner time it gets very busy and with not aircon and only few fans, very hot. Also some people are acting as if they never seen food in their lives and the wastage is terrible. Maybe a few notices around (especially in Russian) could help? I gained 2kg here so if anyone is complaining about food than they must be extremely fussy.
Drinks available all day long. Cocktails in the evening you have to pay.
Ice cream from 14-16 free by the pool.

Pools- one bigger swimming pool, small pool with lovely slides, baby pool and a quiet pool at the front of hotel. The pool area is kept very clean but it's extremely slippery when wet. You have to be early (7 am) to get a bed. During the slide working times 10-12 and 14-17 is a very friendly lifeguard around. We had a couple of 12 hours pool closures due to a poop in the pool. You notice a lot of babies having normal Pampers on instead of swimming nappies and nothing's said.

Entertaining team- very good and not pushy. There was something going on around the pool the whole day, although not so much for a young children. Evening entertainment also good. At 20:30-21:00 children disco. From 21:00 some kind of show.
They try to speak in every language possible so you don't feel missed out.

There is a kids club twice a day 10:00-12:00 and 15:00-17:00. Sometimes they make things for which you have to pay. Ours went twice and did mainly some drawing. The room has an aircon so a nice cooling for your little ones.

Location- there are few shops just outside the hotel selling the usual fakes. About 10 minutes walk takes you to the village Konakli. Little shopping center with McDonald's. and the usual every day market.
You can take a bus ( bus stop about 5 min. walk) to take you to Alanya. Cost €1.50 pp. go to the last stop.
Outside the hotel are a few travel agents offering day trips cheaper than your own agent. We didn't use any of them and hired a car instead. Two days €80 euros, empty to empty. We went one day to Side (well worth it) and to Manavgat waterfall (not so great). Next day Sapadere (very beautiful, make sure to get there early, before it gets busy).

You can also book a day in the Eftalia island, big water park about 15 minutes on the bus. You book on the reception for 15 euro adult. Kids a free. Bare in mind that the big slides do have a height restriction. But there is a little kids pirate ship pool.
Wifi - extremely bad. Even worse in the lobby.

Last word of advice. Although you can pay in Euro and Pound everywhere, it is wise to get few Liras. Especially if you are planning on a day out as the exchange rate is very bad ( even on the bus). Use a cash point!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lenka H

Dear lenka
Thank you so much for your very nice comment, for us it is always important to know about your perception of eftalia resort, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

We hope to see you again, to enjoy and incredible experience our hotel..

Warmest regards,