All reviews entertainment team great holiday baby pool fussy eater quiet pool turkish food food was lovely lots of shops cleaned daily eftalia island mini club water sports marko nationalities bingo poolside camel
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We stayed here last week.

Overall the hotel is good, rooms are in need of a refurb, but you don't spend a lot of time in them anyway.

The food was lovely, breakfast, lunch and dinner offered a wide variety of different choices, those who are complaining re: food I personally don't see why!
At no point did we receive watered down or recycled drinks!! My only issue here would be that the cocktails/mocktails are not included in the AI.

The pool area was spacious, however; be warned you cannot get a bed after 7am as people put their towels out, then disappear for hours on end! Also the sunbeds where on top of each-other so much so that you can feel your neighbours breathe. With the heat and flowing alcohol there where some angry people about, hence why I renamed this hotel 'Heartbreak Hotel'.

I found the staff at times rude, however; I suppose if you are trying to serve drinks and you're getting abruptly shouted at by guests demanding service, I would be too.

The animation team delivered a fantastic daytime program of activities, however; the evening entertainment was poor. Karaoke, twice in a week and bingo are not the sort of entertainment you would expect from a 4* hotel. At night you also struggle to get a table so we mainly sat on sunbeds. At 11 pm prompt, you are moved away from the area.

I would visit here again, however; the transfer IS 3 hrs from Antalya and without a 'pit-stop' going and returning to the airport the transfer was awful, so be warned, don't drink a lot prior to getting on the coach or you will be bursting lol.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Suleyman T, Guest Relations Manager at Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Janerebbo
Thanks a lot for your precious comments on behalf of Eftalia Resort.
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share some thoughts of yours regarding our services and in particular our associates. We are honored to have been able to serve you Considering your cons, we will share your comments with our management and take the necessary notes.

If you have any requests or wishes please do not hesitate to write to us anytime and hope to welcome you back to Eftalia Resort on your next trip to Alanya
Best Regards
Guestrelation Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Me and my partner went to this hotel 5th - 12 June 2017, weather was fantastic couldn't of asked for better.

On arriving at the hotel at early hours in the morning after an extremely hot, long an uncomfortable 3 hour transfer journey we were greeted pleasantly by the reception staff, we were escorted to our room by the bellboy who bought our luggage, the rooms are basic but very clean and fitted with air con.

Over the period of our 1 week stay we found the majority of hotel staff to be very polite, Ferdi the bar man was very pleasant and a good laugh, hotel is spotlessly clean they are constantly cleaning all day all night. The entertainment team were good and constantly doing something trying to keep kids and adults busy during the day and night. Our room was cleaned daily with clean sheets every other.

There lots of shops directly opposite which we went to as we couldn't find the market, they were cheap if you're willing to really haggle with them. Mcdonalds is a 10-15 minute walk away along with a nice shopping mall.

The only real bad points to this hotel are the food and other nationalities, the food was ok at best, as other reviews have stated very repetitive but I have to say what we did eat was cooked properly we ate everyday in the hotel and were never ill, repetitive but edible.

Now the other nationalities, this was the main downside to our holiday, they were mainly German and Dutch and have absolutely zero manners, at times they are borderline barbaric with no concept of ques or waiting your turn I can only hope I never have the displeasure of having any of them anywhere near me on holiday again.

Overall we were very pleased we paid £600 for 2 people and for that we didn't expect a lot but we were pleasantly surprised. I would definitely go back and recommend for other people looking for a break on a budget

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank Anthony B

Dear Anthony
Thank you so much for your very nice comment, for us it is always important to know about your perception of eftalia resort, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved our holiday the entertainment gang are amazing really made our holiday can't wait to go back and see them again hotel was lovely and so was the food plenty to choose from also plenty of activities

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Emma

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel has to be one of the worst I have ever stayed in.

Booked this hotel for a week in June 2017 for my Birthday.. as soon as we arrived after a long coach transfer.. the hotel from the outside looks so dated and it got no better in the rooms.. not what we where expecting from the pictures and videos we had seen at the time of booking.

Food choice was very limited and repetitive (same stuff everyday which after 2 days got boring) also not cooked properly.. we ended up eating out most nights which is not what you want to do when you have paid for an all inclusive. Most evenings there would be a queue to get to the buffet with Russian and German guests pushing in at every opportunity. There is no kids menu at all.. only thing for kids over the week we stayed was chips everyday.
Drinks were watered down as you could drink spirits and beer all day at the hotel and not feel at all tipsy, different story when you drink at the local bars outside the hotel.
All the bars and restaurants in Alanya we went to outside the hotel were great. With great food and very friendly staff.

However, Staff at the hotel (reception and bar) are not very helpful and don't know how to smile. One member of the bar staff was particularly rude to a point where we put in a compliant about him to his manager.
The entertainment team (which I'm assuming was for the kids) was at times shocking!! And not what you would want your kids to watch. Most of what they did was very inappropriate.. taking t-shirts off and thrusting it between their legs was very off putting. Running around the pool snatching ice creams off kids and running off.. licking them and giving them back etc etc

You would have to get up super early to beat the Germans and the Russians to get a sun lounger and parasol. Which is the same for most holidays but there is limited seating for the number of guests the hotel has.
The pool area is very slippery.. I almost slipped a few times and there is no form of health and safety at the resort.
There is a life guard at the top of the slides some of the time and all he does up there is blow his whistle for the next person to go down but they don't clear the area at the bottom of the slide where the slide ends and you end up hitting the water very fast with children all around. I only went down the slide once as I didn't think it was safe.
We were one of a number of guests waiting to meet with the rep to put forward complaints.
We asked to be moved to another hotel and were told it would cost £250 per person.

All in all I'd say spend more money and get a decent hotel.. there are very nice hotels all around the surrounding areas. Very disappointing holiday.. really think Thomas cook should pull out of endorsing and being associated with this truly horrific hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Farhad V
Suleyman T, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Farhad
Thanks a lot for your precious comments on behalf of Eftalia Resort.
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share some thoughts of yours regarding our services and in particular our associates.I do not think this complaint is true We are honored to have been able to serve you Considering your cons, we will share your comments with our management and take the necessary notes.

Best Regards
Guestrelation Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We booked the day before we were going so we got a massive deal, we booked with Thomas Cook. Travelling from Manchester we were delayed by an hour which wasn't bad at all, it was quick getting on the plane and taking off. The meal which is optional was really nice when normally plane food is hit and miss. Landing in Turkey we went to our transfer, the rep was listing of all the drop off points so we knew when to get off but she realized she had the wrong list so had to start again. With the new list relayed she left and the driver took off, with no rep aboard which was a little unnerving. We were meant to be number 6 but that didn't happen we ended up being 9th or 10th it's a good job I knew what the hotel looked like and called as it was dark early hours. The rep on the Sunday was an hour late which I can understand as other people from her other hotels had kept her behind. We didn't end up booking any trips as all were near the centre/ airport which was just over 2 hours and with the heat I didn't want to be stuck on a coach. On one day we forgot that the take the key so we were locked out, so returning after the entertainment had finished we asked reception if they could let us in. They followed to our room with the master key and let us in without any question, they didn't ask for our name to identify that it was our room he could of let us in the any room and it not be ours which I don't isn't very good. Upon return waiting for the transfer back to the airport it was or ready 10 minutes late but then he decided to pull in to close and scratch someone car down the side and take the glass off the over the light at the back of the car. We got on the transfer but didn't leave for another 40 minutes which made him/ us late to pick up from the other hotels. After picking up all the other guests he pulled over to pick another drive, after 20 minutes or so he dropped the original drive off. When arriving at the airport the 2nd drive said if we would like to tip there's the basket, after all that went on no one bothered.

We were checked in fast as it was about 4 am so I was glad it was quick. Bellboy took us to our room and carried our cases. I only let the housekeeping one day as we didn't anything except for the bins to be changed as we take our own towels. On returning to our later on she had done our room but also changed our bed sheets so I'm not sure if that is an everyday thing or once while you are there. All staff very polite and will do anything to help.

I'm a fussy eater so when it came to the food I was surprised at all the option there was. There was only one afternoon were a struggled to find something that I liked to eat so I just ended up with potatoes. There were burgers served everyday in the afternoon for snacks, also free ice cream.

The are loads of shops across the road from the hotel so you don't have to go far. I took pounds with as my last time in Turkey they preferred if you paid in pounds but while on the first shopping trip I tried to pay for something and he had no change so I just change my money to Lira. Everything is priced in Euro so it might be easier to take this instead.

Well what can I say about the entertainment team, they are brilliant. Always trying to get everyone engaged even if you don't want to. By far the best defiantly has to be Mustafa, everyday engaging in conversation with us. The many jokes and trying to get us to engage in the many activities that are on.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family