Peppertree Cottage
TripAdvisor
All reviewseggs benedicther husbandfrench restaurantcomplimentary portlovely touchgardens are lovelycountry breakfasthollandaise saucelovely quiet placeeaster weekendflaxton gardenspleasant stayawesome foodnight capfeel welcomehome away from homemarmalade
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We recently visited Flaxton to attend a wedding. We booked into Peppertree Cottages mainly because it was close to the reception. What a lovely surprise to find that the accommodation was so lovely. Our hose Lynne went out of her way to make us feel welcome. Our room was very comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities, plus a fridge. When we arrived back from the reception we sat in the lounge around the cosy fire and drank Port that had been left out for the guests.
Our breakfast the next day was wonderful. We would certainly book into Peppertree again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
PeppertreeCottage, Owner at Peppertree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review of Peppertree I enjoy caring for the guests when they stay here and perhaps I may see you again when you wish to enjoy the Hinterland.
Lynne

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Stayed at Peppertree for the Saturday and Sunday night.
Homely B & B .
Arrived around 2.20pm and Lynne,the owner made us very welcome.Thought the price was a bit steep for a B & B but on looking at the other properties around,was in line with them and a bit cheaper than some.
Lynne made us a cup of tea on arrival and showed us our room.
The on line photos made the room look a lot bigger than it actually was but it was comfortable and clean.Only minor comment was the UHT milk in the fridge when fresh would have been nicer.
Grounds were well kept and a pleasure to walk around although not as large as appeared in the photos ( who said the camera doesn't lie )
Breakfast was excellent with good quality produce,real bread ,homemade jams,I think and Lynne was the perfect host with nothing too much trouble,including running some guests uo to the wedding venue
She was quite happy to sit and chat. and made everyone feel welcome.
Wouls happily stay there again.
A nice touch was the complimentary port in the lounge

Room Tip: Ground floor room good for physically challenged
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
PeppertreeCottage, Owner at Peppertree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Thank you Nigel for your great review of Peppertree and am glad you both enjoyed your stay. Valerie would be one of the nicest people I have ever meet and I so enjoyed chatting with her. Lynne

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Attending a wedding at Flaxton Gardens we needed somewhere to stay that was close and comfortable. Peppertree Cottage not only ticked all the boxes but turned out to be a total delight!
My husband and I stayed in the Lavender Room - with plenty of light and double doors that open onto a balcony the room was fresh, airy and clean. The bathroom is small but again clean and functional. The B&B was very well situated for easy reach of the wedding venue and we were greeted with a warm welcome on our arrival. Post wedding there were lovely touches like lights along the driveway to ensure easy access to the front door and a decanter of port awaited us just in case we wanted a night cap!
Breakfast was delightful! Piping hot eggs benedict with the poached eggs perfectly cooked and a home made sauce to die for. Better still for someone like me who is gluten free for once I had mine on yummy toasted bread that was not only toasted enough (gluten free people will know what I mean) but was a far cry from the usual cardboard - what a relief. Tea was leaf and in an individual pot with a strainer - sorry my English background just loves this little touch - and the tables were beautifully laid on a balcony setting. Service was efficient and friendly and the whole experience was very pleasant. A hairs breath away from the centre of Montville I would highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
PeppertreeCottage, Owner at Peppertree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you Yasmine & Bon for your fabulous review , I was really moved by your kind words. I try my best to make everyone happy and enjoy their stay. Thanks again
Lynne

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Peppertree for a wedding. We were driven to the reception which was about 2 minutes drive away. A lovely touch!! Our host was very accommodating. Very nice room and a very tasty cooked breakfast, a choice of Eggs Benedict or a Big Breakfast. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
PeppertreeCottage, Owner at Peppertree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Thank you for your great review of Peppertree, it was a pleasure meeting you both as well as being able to give you a lift to the wedding. Lynne

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Over the years we have had our annual reunion in many places throughout Australia but our stay at Peppertree Cottage on this occasion in early April 2006 was certainly one of our most pleasant and memorable ones. The grounds and gardens were beautifully kept, our bedrooms were spacious,clean and very comfortable, while our breakfasts offered everything you could wish for and could not have been bettered.
Lyn and her staff went out of their way to make us most welcome and to ensure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. We would thoroughly recommend Pepertree Cottage.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
PeppertreeCottage, Owner at Peppertree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your awesome review of Peppertree. I really enjoy what I do and loved meeting, chatting and having a laugh with you all and so happy you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps I may see some of you another time when you feel like a trip to Queensland. Lynne