“1 day sleepover”

Reviewed 24 September 2015

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 20 July 2015

In the internet was written I can cancel for free till a given date. My friend was absolutely against this place- because she thought it's to far from the center. I made the mistake and called directly to the Hotel, there I first found out which kind of people are working there. I couldn't cancel but book less nights, they said. Well, I also called the internet company and they guaranteed me it's canceld. When I arrived there they didn't change anything... nothing! It was still my first booking. They told me to call the boss on the next day... I did... I came back and explained the complicate story again, but they act like there's no problem. I asked "Do you understand me?". The answer was Yes, but they didn't do anything. On my third day I became really angry with the receptionist... I stood in this hotel for 3 nights- alone, but I payed 4 nights- the price for 2 people. I also asked if there's a better connection to the city center, he said no only the train... that's wrong the Princess Elisabeth Station is right around the corner there you can take the bus and the tram. The rooms have been okay- very small, very noisy. The receptionist who worked in the night was completly the opposite from the day time one! We had a good conversation, he was friendly and organised me a toothpaste... But I wouldn't recommed this Hotel- go to booking.com and find a Hotel for the same price, closer to the center and friendlier members or airbnb and you save a lot of money.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2015

There were only two towels and one bar of soap when we arrived in the room. I think the room should be painted again. The pillows were made of duck feathers and I don't like pillows made of feathers and have allergies. I slipped in the bathroom because of the shower's edge. The room was cluttered and the blankets too used. What I liked is that when I asked for towels, they were given to us straight away, and we were accepted in the hotel although we were quite late. I also liked the big window in the toilet room

Room Tip: here were only two towels and one bar of soap when we arrived in the room. I think the room should b...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Cheap, and not in the most central part of town, but a short walk to 4 or more tram lines. The neighbourhood is apparently a "bad" one but I didn't encounter any problems near the hotel. It was also very quiet at night. For a person travelling solo on my own dime it was decent. The room was hardly amazing but it was warm and clean and all the essentials were there are working. Well - except wifi! I was on the 4th floor and could almost never successfully connect to it.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2014

I spent 2 nights there and i chose it because of the price. It was the cheapest one with a private bathroom. The lobby bar was very clean, tidy and modern, but the room itself not. There is a big LCD and this is the newest thing in the room. There was heating and two single beds. The window handler was broken so we couldn't open the window and get out with the smell. The carpet, blankets, bedside tables were dirty. There were some old cut cables protruding. We put towels on the floor not to step on the carpet bare foot. In the bathroom there was another thing - the shower cabin door was broken so everytime you want to go in , you must first take it out and then put it somehow. On our second day when entering the room we saw that the staff had entered and put one more single bed inside. I do not know why they did so. Anyway the receptionists were polite, helpful when asked, Free wi-fi available in rooms, towels, hair-dryer, soap, shampoo. If they just clean these rooms and take care of all the broken and used stuff everything will look much better. The hotel was about 40 minutes away from the center by tramway. There are a few bad looking cafeterias around. It is a muslim neighbourhood - a lot of turkish and arabic and so on.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schaerbeek
1.2 km away
1.4 km away
Avenue Deschanel B&B
Avenue Deschanel B&B
#1 of 14 in Schaerbeek

Been to Hotel La Potiniere? Share your experiences!