“Ahh old friend, it's good to be back, great to be still amazed!!”

Icebergs Dining Room & Bar
Ranked #4 of 378 Restaurants in Bondi
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Ahh old friend, it's good to be back, great to be still amazed!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Icebergs is in its 15th year - and this was my 10th'ish visit - it's been a couple of years between drinks, but superfood to know the place still pleases. Maurice and his team are supremely good at what they do, the efficiency is astounding.
Our visit was my travel buds first, she's now well and truly ticked that box.
From the moment we stepped inside we were lavished with hospitality, the at tentativeness was wowing.
Our booking was for a late Sunday lunch - 2.30 - we walked out at 7, and might have stayed longer if we hadn't needed to walk of the amazing lunch we'd been served.
We kicked of with cocktails, our table had a wonderfilled view over Bondi Beach, facing Campbell Parade.
Watching the changing colours of the sea and sky, noting that the soft furnishings matched the seas colours - as it changed with time of day, very clever - Downing the freshest Pacific and Sydney Rock Oysters as starters, sharing gorgeously crisped shrimp, then relaxing into the ambience for a pleasant chat, never rushed, pampered.
We moved onto a crisp Riesling and our mains, beautiful hand made pasta, tender, with seafood and the most satin tomato (sauce doesn't do it justice) sauce. Whole Perch with grapefruit and radicchio, perfect.
Breaking leisurely with champagne, over indulging, ordering our own deserts - rather than sharing - a clever take on pavlova and crostoli that would make Nonna glare at jealously.
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!! Thanks to the team that looked after us, thank you Maurice and congrats on keeping your flagship at such a high standard.
(sent via my iPhone, sorry for the basic edit:)

Visited July 2015
1 Thank michaelcourtenay

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

I came here for my birthday in February and was very impressed with the experience as a whole. We had the 7 course degustation and must say that every course was delightful. By the second and final dessert both my husband and I were totally full and satisfied. Matching wines are available as an option with each course; however, we opted for a bottle of our own choosing whch we sipped throughout. Service was great and the staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgable about the food they were serving. This is a deep pocket dining experience but worth it! The magnificent view over Bondi Beach is the cherry on top!

Visited February 2015
1 Thank Vesna Z
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Excellent service, great food, wonderful view. The waiting staff was impeccable.This was a really classy find, close to the renowned Bondi Beach. I'll surely be back. Thank you!

Visited May 2015
“In love ”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

I had my birthday lunch here over this weekend. Myself and my ten guests had the two course lunch menu and absolutely loved it. The food was delicious, the wine was yummy and the view was stunning not to mention the waiters were ridiculously courteous and good looking.

Visited July 2015
Sydney, Australia
“Bad Bad Experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2015

I thought I would give this place a try (even though the reviews are not great) so I took 6 adults to lunch to celebrate my son's 25th birthday. Disaster! I emailed Icebergs and told them that I was not going to post a bad review if they could only give me one good reason to ever go back. No response.
So now I will let the world know - DO NOT GO THERE. EVER! Uncleared table between courses, "Im not your waiter" responses, miniscule portions and a hair UNDER my food to boot (no apology). No dessert - couldn't wait to get out of there. All for just under $800 (I've eaten at the best all over the world and this is the first time I haven't left a tip).

• Visited March 2015