“Goodly Goodnes Gets Close to Great”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #11 of 404 Restaurants in Bondi
Price range: USD 3 - USD 27
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Description: Bondi beach and bills go together like surfers and boardshorts, limes and mojitos, and ... Hotcakes and honeycomb butter? Be sure to visit bills newest urban beach house, at the very sunny heart of the fabulous city where it all began...
Reviewed 5 October 2015

hard review to write, Bill's is good (consistently) Once upon it was great, that in no way takes away from its current goodness. It does however leave me wanting more. On the day of our visit (Friday Breakfast) it was jam-packed. The team at Bill's coped exceptionally well, we hardly felt the wait. The food arrived at a good pace, the coffee was good and the room had a good feel to it, all in all, a good experience (still wish it was just a little great)

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Today benign Sunday 4/10/2015 my wife and I thought we would have breakfast here at Bills, Well what a mistake this was, The coffee was crap , not hot, My food was was poor and my wife had to send hers back, and really who wants to listen to crappy music while having breakfast , the bill was over $40 and when we left the waitress was talking to her work friend about us.
I will never go back over priced crap.
I would have been better off going else where.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived around 2pm on s Friday and there was no wait for a table. Noticed several vegetarian options such as curried tofu with cauliflower fritters and organic brown rice, which I tried and found delicious. All day breakfasts available too. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Arrived here around 10.45..15 min wait for a table for 3 which was fine but no where to wait so it was suggested we go for a walk in the rain.

Arrived back 15 mins later and we're sat at a table for 2 and told the guy next to us would be leaving soon...well he didn't so about 10mins later when a bigger table came up we were moved. Awkward 10mins ever poor guy must have felt so rushed. Good on him for not moving.

Menu was fairly limited and we ordered coffees, soft boiled eggs, egg and bacon roll and granola with yoghurt and mixed berry compote. Turned out to be rhubarb compote and ricotta cheese not yoghurt. Had to swap with my boyfriend, it was not good. However he enjoyed it and everything else was ok.

Coffees were lukewarm and fairly weak.

The staff would have known all of this if they had bothered to come and ask how things were or if we would like more drinks...but they didnt. Service was less than average.

All in all a bit of a disappointment won't be back.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Was keen to try Bills as it's always packed out but found it only average. The corn fritters were quite delicious but very small for $25 compared to most places. Hotcakes had no sweetness to them at all, were served with a minuscule amount of "honeycomb butter" and bananas, such a let down. Avocado on toast was nice, but it's just avocado on toast. Nothing wow. Biggest let down was the coffee. Beautiful coffee art, but tasted like warm milk :( For the prices $25-30 on average per person, you'd be better going to Trio at bondi or elsewhere. It was nice but I'm not fussed to return.