“Still floating”

Ayurvedic Wellness Centre
Ranked #1 of 28 Spas & Wellness in Bondi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ayurvedic Wellness Centre is a life-changing Clinic. We help our clients to understand, detoxify, heal, beautify and re-balance their bodies and minds. This is through the use of herbal oils and traditional therapeutic techniques belonging to the Ayurvedic Holistic medical system, a 5000 year-old Indian science of healing and Prevention. Our clients find our treatments a blissful experience.Our Medical Doctors and Ayurvedic Practitioners understand the three doshas, or 3 biological energies that govern all physical and mental processes in the human body. Once they have their doshas mapped, our clients start gaining an experience of a life full of happiness, energy and wellbeing.
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

I have been suffering from insomnia mainly due to stress and pain from my plantar fasciitis (inflamed heel). Visiting Sydney this week I searched for massage options to assist with my pain. I found Ayurvedic on TripAdvisor and was intrigued. Put in an online enquiry on Sunday evening. I received an email response promptly (although I didn't know as I wasn't accessing my emails regularly). Rita called me Monday morning and we had a great chat and worked out my treatment.

I was even more delighted as this centre was walking distance from my accommodation at Bondi Junction.

I chose the Deep Relaxation Package. From the minute I arrived I felt relaxed. I had no real clue as to what was going to happen but felt at ease that I was going to be cared for. Rita sat down with me and talked me through the treatment. She also talked about other ways they could help with their consulting doctors but there was no hard push - just giving me options which I wish I could follow through with but living in Brisbane makes it difficult. So spoiling myself is my main option at the moment.

The rose petals surrounding the rooms are devine. But onto the main gig - the treatment. I've had many massages and this one has just topped everything I've ever had. The head and shoulder massage kicked things off - I was immediately transported to the land of relaxation - a considerable feat as I don't relax well. Then up on the massage bench. Now comes the oil, in abundance. So, like another reviewer mentioned, come prepared for a dousing in warm oil. The masseur was delightful and I loved her technique. But the Shirodhara treatment was something else. A steady stream of warm oil poured slowly and gently over my forehead (third eye). This was heavenly.

I know I was in a deep state of relaxation (not sleeping) as I did let out a couple of snores, but I was aware of the music and the oil streaming.

At the end I was wiped down with steamed towels. Then to finish off taken to the gorgeous meditation room to enjoy a herbal tea and basically come back to earth.

This will be a treatment that I will always ensure I enjoy when I visit Sydney.

So now that it is a couple of days since I've had the treatment I have enjoyed two full sound nights of sleep, falling blissfully into a cloud of dreams by about 9pm and not waking until 6.30am. This has been a long time coming. Throughout the day I have felt peaceful. So just to have a full night of unbroken sleep is worth every cent. I've now had two! Loving the feeling of being well rested.

My recommendations - first and foremost experience this treatment - it is bliss and truly continues its magic days after. The second recommendation - wear old clothes or clothes you are ok to get oil on. And know that your hair will be very oily and will take a few washings to get the oil out - so plan to go nowhere after the treatment and ensure you have good shampoo on hand. That said my hair and skin still feels soft and bouyant even though I've washed out and off the oil. As recommended, I did leave the oil on for a couple of hours.

Thank you Rita for such an experience.

Date of experience: June 2015
3  Thank Wendy M
Rita S, Owner at Ayurvedic Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Thank you for reviewing our centre. I suffered for years from Crohns Disease and Ayurveda helped me to balance my life and stay well. The difference it made to me inspired me to open this centre. I wanted to share my experiences and make a difference. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit.

All reviews
"herbs"
"journey"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2015

This is first review comment in my life. But for the first time i really felt the need to write as i
know there are many out there like me who suffer with skin disease and not get proper treatment.
I was suffering from allergy and my whole body was itching since the time in entered Australia. I went to see few GP and then even went to see Specialists which were charging heavy fee. Apart from Doctors fee i had purchase costly medicines. None were able to cure me.

They use to give me Steroids and ani-allergy tablets but none worked. I was not able to sleep for more than half hour in full 24 hours cycle. After struggling for more than 3-4 months i randomly searched for Ayurveda treatment in Sydney. Since i am from India so i know that Ayurveda has capability to cure any disease. Till this time i had drawn a bad picture about doctors in Australia and even started thinking to go back to India.

One day i randomly searched for Ayurveda Sydney and then i found Dr Vishal Sharma.
Before visiting him i thought it would be another waste of money just like other Doctors.

I had a very good conversation with Dr Vishal Sharma. To my surprise he did not give much medicine but rather suggested me few changes in my Life Style and asked me to be positive.

In just a week time my itching stopped and rashes started going down. He proved to be boon for me as i had suffered a lot.

I would recommend any one suffering from any type of skin disease please visit him once.
Honestly its worth visiting him.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank Prakhar S
Reviewed 25 April 2015

A completely unique experience for mind-body treatment! Our first treatment was herbal oil massage (two weeks ago). The massage is gentle (not as physically penetrating as Thai), but very smooth and soothing. After that, we attended an information night on Ayurvedic medicine (highly recommended) and booked an Ayurvedic consultation. Dr. Vishal Sharma prescribed specific herbal oils for my Vata body type (and my partner's Kapha type) and a Shirodhara (stream of oil poured over the third eye) treatment. The warmth of the oil overwhelmed my body, my head, my consciousness, creating profound relaxation, and bringing me to a state of blissful unconsciousness where I experienced relaxation on a different plane to any previously experienced. On waking from the gentle pressure of the warm and soothing oil, I knew I had undergone a body-mind transformation. I feel so grateful for being able to experience such an authentic Ayurvedic treatment in Sydney.

Date of experience: April 2015
3  Thank Hui X
Reviewed 4 April 2015

I had a blissful 7 day detox with Ayurvedic Wellness Centre. The initial consult with Dr Vishal was amazing, his soft caring nature was something that I had never experienced before, he gave so much reassurance that he could help - and he did. He has an infectious smiling face that you could not help be let go of the resistance of undertaking a detox - he gave careful consideration in the type of treatment that was needed for me. When I walked into my first consultation, I had absolutely no energy, after the 7 day detox and other types treatment had me full of energy and life that I was excited to undertake all my outstanding projects. The treatment massages were absolutely wonderful, I could easily let go of all my resistance to receive whatever my body needed. The massage rooms are warm and inviting, the beautiful meditation music in the background took my negative thoughts away to allow me to heal.

Rita and the team are warm and professional, for me, it was a home away from home. It is indeed a healthy addiction.

Date of experience: January 2015