“A blissful Ayurvedic transformation in Sydney”

Ayurvedic Wellness Centre
Ranked #1 of 28 Spas & Wellness in Bondi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ayurvedic Wellness Centre is a life-changing Clinic. We help our clients to understand, detoxify, heal, beautify and re-balance their bodies and minds. This is through the use of herbal oils and traditional therapeutic techniques belonging to the Ayurvedic Holistic medical system, a 5000 year-old Indian science of healing and Prevention. Our clients find our treatments a blissful experience.Our Medical Doctors and Ayurvedic Practitioners understand the three doshas, or 3 biological energies that govern all physical and mental processes in the human body. Once they have their doshas mapped, our clients start gaining an experience of a life full of happiness, energy and wellbeing.
Reviewed 25 April 2015

A completely unique experience for mind-body treatment! Our first treatment was herbal oil massage (two weeks ago). The massage is gentle (not as physically penetrating as Thai), but very smooth and soothing. After that, we attended an information night on Ayurvedic medicine (highly recommended) and booked an Ayurvedic consultation. Dr. Vishal Sharma prescribed specific herbal oils for my Vata body type (and my partner's Kapha type) and a Shirodhara (stream of oil poured over the third eye) treatment. The warmth of the oil overwhelmed my body, my head, my consciousness, creating profound relaxation, and bringing me to a state of blissful unconsciousness where I experienced relaxation on a different plane to any previously experienced. On waking from the gentle pressure of the warm and soothing oil, I knew I had undergone a body-mind transformation. I feel so grateful for being able to experience such an authentic Ayurvedic treatment in Sydney.

Date of experience: April 2015
"herbs"
"journey"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I had a blissful 7 day detox with Ayurvedic Wellness Centre. The initial consult with Dr Vishal was amazing, his soft caring nature was something that I had never experienced before, he gave so much reassurance that he could help - and he did. He has an infectious smiling face that you could not help be let go of the resistance of undertaking a detox - he gave careful consideration in the type of treatment that was needed for me. When I walked into my first consultation, I had absolutely no energy, after the 7 day detox and other types treatment had me full of energy and life that I was excited to undertake all my outstanding projects. The treatment massages were absolutely wonderful, I could easily let go of all my resistance to receive whatever my body needed. The massage rooms are warm and inviting, the beautiful meditation music in the background took my negative thoughts away to allow me to heal.

Rita and the team are warm and professional, for me, it was a home away from home. It is indeed a healthy addiction.

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed 17 March 2015

The best way to be kind and loving to your body and soul. I travelled to Sydney for work and included this into my schedule. I recommend you have a consultation with the Doctor as he will recommend which treatments suits your body type. It is worth every penny. All I can think of since coming back home to Fiji, is when can I plan my next trip to this place. Do it, you won't regret it!

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank FijiFlava
Reviewed 14 March 2015

The rose filled troughs lit with floating candles set the scene for a sensual, physical and spiritual treatment. My 4 hands massage involved 2 delightful therapists who worked in unison. The oil was warm and the massage platform as you find in India was more relaxing than western massage tables. Some pressure point style techniques were used but in flowing massage sequences. The effect was energising and relaxing. A generous, professional and authentic Ayurvedic experience which is hard to find outside India. Easy to recommend highly. Warm thanks!

Date of experience: March 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 February 2015

I was booked in for a full body massage (abhyanga) and shirodhara. The atmosphere at the centre is absolutely beautiful and harmonious. The owner, doctors, and staff are very kind and attentive. The facilities were excellent - very well manufactured equipment for all treatments.

My therapist made me feel very comfortable, and my experience of the treatments was deeply relaxing. Ayurvedic massage is unlike remedial massage, the strokes are lighter. But it's wonderful for the skin and lympatic system. They use medicated oils which is excellent. My skin felt incredible afterwards. And although my hair was thick will oil, I shampooed it a few times thoroughly in the shower that night and it was just fine!

I went to the centre last year for their monthly open night, which is an information evening about Ayurveda, with a chance to meet the doctors and therapists, and enjoy some very delicious food and tea! High recommended also.

Date of experience: January 2015