Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ric
Orange County, California

Good basic hotel for sleeping; but not a resort property.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Apr 2024
I chose this hotel because I could based on expectations on being familiar with this hotel chain. It was also close to my desired business appointments and served breakfast. My room was clean and comfortable with excellent WiFi. The breakfast was a buffet and the servers were great. All of the staff was very friendly. However, some of the basic services were a little lacking. One example is that one of the elevators/lifts was broken down for most of my trip. Another example is that two large purple laundry carts were left in my hallway (directly outside the lifts) every day - which made the hotel feel a little like a budget hotel or hostel. However, my biggest concern was that there were very few restaurants in the area which were open for dinner; this meant that we had to get rides elsewhere every night. Of course, the lack of dinner restaurants is not the hotel's fault.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: You will need to plan on finding dinner elsewhere. There's not much around this hotel except for...
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 18 Apr 2024
Dear RicsOpinions, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you mostly enjoyed your stay with us, we have been able to address most of your concerns since your stay with. We hope to see you again soon!
AU$209
2.6 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction
AU$254
2.7 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction
Beachfront
Beach Front King (direct)
AU$487
Get rewarded with One Key
    AU$136
2.0 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction
Free parking
Share rooms all have air conditioning and WiFi throughout
  • Priceline
  • eDreams
  • Agoda.com
2.4 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction
View more hotels in Bondi
All reviews bondi junction shops reception sydney stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2024 via mobile

Great location. Close to all public transport. Was informed that I had parking and this was paid for, upon arrival this was not the case. The male worker at the desk was REALLY rude and actually rolled his eyes when it was confirmed that we did need the shower chair. Upon getting to the room the shower chair was placed in the middle of the walkway which prevented me from having access further than the hall way.
The shower chair did not fit in the shower and this same worker implied we were not telling the truth, he tried many ways and alas we were right, he did find a shower stool that fitted.

The female worker on the desk for the rest of our stay was lovely.

Despite that one person; the beds were comfy and the cafe downstairs was great

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Simon Anderson, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2024

Dear EmmaSinclair88,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the situation you encountered. It is absolutely not the usual standard we pride ourselves on and it is most disheartening to hear of your disappointment. Since receiving your feedback I will be speaking to the team member concerned.

Reviewed 12 September 2023 via mobile

Pros: Great location. We were near the bus stop 333 that takes us straight down to Bondi Beach and Circular Quay. Kmart, ALDIs, etc just down the street. There was an efficiency kitchen in the room, although we didn’t really use it, was nice to have frig and able to make coffee in the morning.
The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful.
They offer a washer and dryer.
There is a small cafe next door. Great place. Good coffee and pastries.
Rooms were very clean which is very important to us.
Would stay here again.

Con: No ice machines! Rooms are tiny. Dryers not vented so don’t dry well. Had to hang dry jeans and shirts as it wouldn’t dry them.

Room tip: No parking but great location for bus transportation.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear mmathless,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2023

On arrival, the young lady at reception was very helpful, with a nice welcoming smile, and very efficient and speedy booking in process. We stayed from December 14th until January 2nd, and the hotel was always spotlessly clean. Although we had an apartment, we didn’t do much in the way of cooking, as there are numerous cafes / restaurants in the area. Also knowing the area quite well, we knew the transportation to anywhere in Sydney from Bondi Junction, is only a five minute walk to trains and buses. When I booked, it was also to include Breakfast, however the hotel does not have a restaurant, so in this instance, I was given just a small refund as compensation.
Would I stay there again when in Sydney, DEFINITELY, and I will not hesitate to recommend this property to my friends. Just one comment left, although I stayed nineteen nights, I received no (NONE ) IHG reward points. I didn’t realise that if booked through Booking.Com. No points are awarded.
In the final analysis I would award the Holiday Inn Bondi Junction, FIVE STARS.
Anthony T. From the UK.

Room tip: Book a room with a balcony
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

Totally agree with previous contributor. No recognition if IHG status, hubby is diamond, no usual upgrade. Extremely basic room. Front desk was extremely lacking, especially this morning, not even eye contact this morning as she took the key from me.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KateL943
Reviewed 14 November 2022

Several issues:
- Absolute disgrace 5 days after my stay I am still chasing after a tax invoice despite repeated attempts trying to get one
- No IHG elite recognition, no breakfast for diamond elites members, no welcome drinks (even the airport HIE does a better job), no restaurant or in-room dining
- Still trading as "Discover Bondi Junction"
- Cost cutting measures in place, i.e. using some random al-cheapi made in china soap and shampoo as bathroom amenities

Best to avoid for a business traveller. Plenty of better options including HI Potts Point and Four Points by Sheraton in the same price bracket.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vacationer83221
Fatih Atilgan, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Sydney Bondi Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2022

Hi Vacationer83221,

We sorry about your experience, our restaurant will be ready in couple of months but, instead of drink voucher, we are providing welcome amenities and bonus points for IHG members.

Best Regards,