“Disappointing ”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Description: Just off cafe-studded Hall Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Dined here with my husband. No BYO which is annoying. Ordered the bruschetta which was drowning in oil and made the bread soggy. Had a pizza which was delicious with a nice crusty base but it was so small!! Highlight of the evening was the AFL memorabilia on the walls.
Won't be back.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with my recent experience at the Italian. Despite making a booking 3 days ahead and arriving 15 mins early to an almost empty restaurant, we were shown to a table at the back of the restaurant. I asked if we could sit towards the front or outside as it was a warm night but we were told no those tables were reserved. These tables remained empty for most of the time we were there. We also saw two passers by with no booking given an outside. So bottom line, don’t bother making a booking. It’s purely pot luck and the staff are not interested in making a good impression or going out of their way to provide customers with a good experience.

Both myself and my dining companion ordered the gnocchi. The gnocchi itself was good but the sauces were not. The Norma in particular was flavourless and had an unpleasant texture.

Over all quite an underwhelming experience that neither of us are interested in repeating.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Without doubt this is our family's favourite in Bondi. Paul, Maria and their team always serve up up great Italian food with a smile and a good laugh. Any of the sauces can be partnered with their pasta dishes so you can't go wrong. One of the great institutions in Bondi.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I've eaten at The Italian a few times and I now do my best to avoid it due to the crazy small portion sizes. The pasta portion sizes have always been pretty small but most recently, the Pizza size is now like a kiddies pizza size - charged at adults rates (it's thin based and just a bit bigger than a side plate)! We went with a party of 6 recently and all agreed that the portion sizes across the board are just ridiculous. Food is good, just make sure you aren't hungry when you go!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Visited here a year or two ago and again this week, Still outstanding service and delicious Italian food, the pizza has a light crispy base with wonderful homemade salami and other delectable meats. My partner had a mushroom pasta made especially without garlic, perfect!