See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stayed here overnight during the Tour of Flanders bike race. The place was packed in the bar and staff very disinterested in service with a smile.
Room was clean but very basic given the price and although we were given a B & B rate and said we wouldn't be there for breakfast no discount given
Hotel,is well located on the market square and is walking distance from the railway station

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This hotel was recommended to me by a business contact but it was a let down from start to finish. On arrival, the lift was out of service and so it was necessary to use the stairs - no offer of help with my luggage was made. I ate there in the evening because it was pretty much the only restaurant open in town on a Monday evening but the food was rather bland. But to top it all off, the hotel doesn't have air conditioning and so I slept with the window open because it was a hot and humid night. Not a problem but my room looked out over a flat roof with standing water (mosquito heaven) and I woke up covered in insect bites! Oudenaarde looks like a fantastic town and Hotel Cesar is well placed but it doesn't live up to its billing.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I only stayed one night as the hotel I was staying was full. I was delighted with the warm welcome from the new owner (a lady with blonde ish hair). I was shown to my room which was great. It was actually a one bed apartment (a full kitchen and furnished living room). 2 single beds in the bedroom were very comfy.
Smack bang in the centre and parking outside free at night till 8am. On a Thursday, the market starts very early so you would have to park elsewhere which is no big deal.
The staff serving my food were brilliant (especially Frankie - great bloke). The food is good too.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank franky4f
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Hotel Cesar is right smack in the middle of the old and pretty town of Oudenaarde, one of Flanders gems in the Gent district. As we were invited for a Golftournement on the Golf & Country Club Oudenaarde, this hotel seemed to be the right choice as it is only 2 or 3 miles from the Golf course. It was one of the cheaper ones on Booking.com and as it was only for one night we did not bother the lack of a fourth star. The rooms were pretty standard, but comfortable. I even had one with a view over the marketplace wich was pretty nice. The trouble began when we came back from dinner and beers (this is Belgium after all.... ;-) ) at 0.30 hrs. There was no staff after eleven, not a singel person you could turn to... only a written paper stuck on the wall with a phone number you could call in case of emergency...?! The lights in the hallways were totally off and non-functioning, wich made it quite a challenge to find our rooms. It was actually a pretty hazardous situation, what if any major accident had occurred during our stay? As we had an early tee-off at the Golf Course the next morning, we had pre-booked our breakfast reservation at a quarter past seven. No worries the manager had said the night before, breakfast is served standard from seven onward... But as we found our way to the bar/restaurant area (in the pitch black hallways....) we only stumbled on a closed door at 07.20!! We waited for about fifteen minutes and concluded that we were probably wrong and someone had misunderstood our request for an early breakfast. So we went back to the room (in the pitch black hallways....), packed our stuff and headed for the back door...wich was the only way out. At the very moment we wanted to step out, we encountered the cleaning lady who came in. She told us that the manager was also underway, and that he/she was going to be there in five minutes. The first thing she did, to our very surprise, was turning on the main switch for the hallway lighting (!!!), that supposedly was put off by purpose (saving money on the electricity bills??!!) If safety is the kind of 'service' you are going to cut back on, you should not be in the Hotel business!!!! The 'manager' who was probably just the 'breakfast - manager' tried to smile it all away when we pointed things out to her, and at the same timeshe did her utter best to make us breakfast in no-time as our time-slot for tee-off at the Golf Course rapidly approached. With a fast (fresh brewed) coffee and a french croissant instantly downloaded at availability we rushed of to the course... Leaving me with just one thought, a pretty okay Hotel with comfy beds on a nice location make a lousy experience if you cut back on safety and service...

Room Tip: Book a room with a view over the square, otherwise you'll be left with a view on an AC unit on a rooftop....
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank PeeVeeEe
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was arranging our trip to the Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014 and panicked a bit as I was concerned the whole area would be booked up and went for Hotel Brasserie Cesar even though Trip Advisor was pretty negative. As it turned out what a brilliant location, really nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff when we turned up with an 8th person without prior warning. They only charged a small supplement as well. We had dinner in the restaurant, really nice food and great wine choice. Whilst there is no parking by the hotel during the event their is a free car park 5 minutes away. The hotel also kindly locked our bikes away in the back restaurant area. So, ignore the negative comments and use this hotel!

Room Tip: Only issue is the events in the square during the Ronde van Vlaanderen. In the evening and at night there is strobe lighting and loud music until late. Great whilst you are outside having a beer and enjoying it but not when you want to sleep - however, just request rooms at the back and you will be fine. Any other time then the hotel is perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends