“Mangoes - even better than described!!”
other travellers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
arlene105
Verona, New Jersey
“Mangoes - even better than described!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We spent a wonderful week at Mangoes and it was even better than described!! The layout of the home was perfect. We were a bit concerned about having A/C only in the bedrooms, but that was not a problem at all. There is such a lovely breeze all the time, and with the open-air concept it was absolutely wonderful. A/C was definitely not needed in the living areas. The A/C systems in the bedrooms, along with the ceiling fans, worked perfectly and made for a great sleeping environment. We were very careful to run them only when needed, although they detected the absence of movement and turned off automatically – fantastic feature! The beds . . . I haven’t slept that well in a long time!! The kitchen was well stocked. There were pots and pans of every size and plenty of dishes. I appreciated that the cupboards were labeled so that we could return everything to the proper place.
Most of our time was spent on the lovely verandah. The one thing we noticed was that there was a lot of traffic on the road, starting at 7AM Mon-Fri. We finally determined it was due to the construction that was going on at Massey’s Market down the road, so it should be temporary and should not deter anyone from renting. Anyway - you are on vacation, what's a little traffic noise when you're sipping your coffee enjoying a beautiful garden and a cool breeze? The gardens are really beautiful – just as described. The villa is very private and convenient to some good restaurants and lovely beaches. We never felt unsafe walking around.
Lucille was a joy. Such a sweet lady and intent on making sure we were happy. You have some wonderful help there, Cath and Ian – treat her well!
We were concerned about the dreaded mozzies. In the end, they were certainly no worse than what we have here in New Jersey, USA, during the summer months. Cath provided detailed information on how to deal with the mozzies and we followed it to a T. I do believe that made a huge difference for us. I also wonder if we were just lucky in terms of rainfall and time of year. They simply were not terrible. No complaints here!
Thank you, Cath, for all of the tips you provided when we rented. We felt very prepared to visit and your points were spot on in terms of the Bajan locals, local dress code, etc.
One point I would like to stress to anyone visiting from the US – there is absolutely no need to rent a car. With driving on the left side and steering wheel on the right, it was a bit stressful. I’m sure another week and we would have been fine, but it would have made better sense to use taxis or the bus system (car rental was high $$). I did a lot of research before booking my trip and that was one tip I hadn’t seen, so I am sharing it here.
To close - our trip was a 10, and if we return to Barbados there will be no question where we will stay. Mangoes is perfect!! Thank you again, Cath and Ian!!

12 May 2017
Fantastic review, thanks so much!!! You have covered everything and there are several points on which I'd like to reply.

Lucille - she is a treasure and we treasure her, believe me. I will refer your compliments to her after writing this reply. She will be pleased.

Air con. Thank you for making your views on this so clear. It is not common, in the Caribbean, to find air-con in living areas as the whole idea is to enjoy "out door living". A "Tropical" holiday is essentially about experiencing and enjoying the warmer climate ..... many of us choose such destinations for that very reason.
Yet, I find the Barbados temperatures much more equable than some parts of Europe, for example, which have searingly hot summers (40-50C) and freezing cold winters. Choose the Caribbean at any time of year and you are going to get a fairly constant 80-90F = circa 30C.

Glad you appreciated my notes .... and thank you for reading them fully. They are written from experience .... of course we get bitten by mosquitoes as well as any other island visitors .... and in our green days, we did not understand the local culture as we do now.....so it's obvious that we should pass on the benefit of our expertise.

About car hire - well, yes .... we ALWAYS hire a car, but having a home there makes our needs different to those of the holiday maker. We hire "cheap and cheerful" so I don't usually recommend but offer a broker site to find today's best bargains.
I take your point about driving on the left - I should make it clear to all apart from English renters as most other countries drive on the right and I'll factor this info into my notes.

Thanks again .... only one thing left to say ...... hurry back!
Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Sporty40
Hampshire
“Fabulous holiday”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I recently stayed at Mangoes with my partner and 8 year old daughter. We had a fabulous time; the villa was immaculate and spacious, to include a very well equipped kitchen. A lovely veranda and a stunning garden. You don't need a car as everything is on your doorstep, sea, pool and restaurants. However, we did hire a car for a few days just to go and explore the island. On other occasions we used the yellow buses. I would definitely recommend Mangoes and cant wait to return.

23 Apr 2017
A splendid review, thanks very much indeed.
You explain to future guests some of our own assets as well as describing our prime location. That's just the kind of info people need to help them decide.
Thanks again - I do hope you'll be able to return some day ...... soon ...... it will be our pleasure to have you back.
Take care, cheerio, Cath and Ian
555defaul...
Dover, United Kingdom
“Mangoes , 94 Hibiscus Ave , Holetown , Barbados”
Reviewed 6 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Mangoes is a detached villa in Sunset Crest . It's got three double bedrooms ( all with a/c ) and two bathrooms , a large living space comprising sitting room , dining room and a large varandah ( all with fans ). There is also a large ( rather old fashioned ) wash room .
I gather from Ian&Cath that there will be changes made this year which will include a new wash / utility room and an ensuite bathroom . Brilliant !!
Overall the accommodation is great ; comfortable beds and loads of wardrobe space . The kitchen is well equipped and the showers are excellent !!
The living area is spacious and there's a great decked verandah which is covered . We spent most of our time there . A big plus is that Mangoes is very close the Chattel Village and Masseys Supermarket in Holetown and no more than a two minutes walk across the green to The Beach House with its pool and sun beds and , of course , the beach .
Wonderful !
We've booked again for next year !!
Howard & Sarah Jones
16/01 - 06/03/2017

6 Mar 2017
Hi there you two,
Wow! A swift review - you can't even be on the plane yet so all is fresh in your minds! Very efficient!

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Mangoes and thanks for
a) re-booking ..... and ....
b) this very good review. The descriptions and explanations of location etc are very useful to future travelers.

Yes, plans to renew the washroom extension are on the cards. I have been making drawings to an approximate scale and we'll be meeting builders during our visit in June. I hope all goes smoothly despite Barbados' known reputation for being laid back and sleepy......great for relaxing holidays but can become a little "manyana-ish" when it comes to getting things done!
I'll keep you posted about how it's going.

Thanks again, safe and comfy flight home.
Silvielan...
“Fabulous Mangoes”
Reviewed 19 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We stayed here for 16 nights over Christmas and new year and had a wonderful holiday. Mangoes was absolutely perfect for us being in a great location and having all the facilities we could need.

Lucille was lovely and looked after us really well.

We didn't eat in much but when we did we made good use of the lovely dining area.

The villa is securely gated though the area feels quite safe anyway and was no problem to get to all the bars and restaurants in Holetown.

I hope we can return in the near future.

20 Jan 2017
I couldn’t ask for a better review, thanks very much indeed!
Yes, Sunset Crest is a safe area; hubby Ian and I are only 5'2" each and we walk out at night without any problem.
In part, the wrought iron gates are provided, in addition to wooden doors, to allow breeze to flow through, even whilst guests are out and the house safely locked but it’s also a comfort to those who are slightly nervous when abroad or during the hours of darkness.
A confession from me …. we hardly ever eat in! There are so many lovely restaurants only a stroll away and when beach-side dining is so affordable, why wouldn’t I want the Caribbean lapping at my toes ….. EVERY night?
We would love you to return, it’s been a pleasure to have you at our home.
34Happygo...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Mangoes stay”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed at Mangoes 8 - 22 August and had an absolutely brilliant holiday. Lucille gave us a very warm welcome and she made us feel at home. The Villa was a lovely home from home there were only 2 of us but all the rooms were a god size with plenty of wardrobe space. The bathrooms were spacious and well presented. There was everything you would need to make your stay great. We spent all our spare time on the wonderful porch in the evening listening to music or the whistling frogs!

The villa so near to the beach and is really central to some brilliant eateries such as Tides, The Beach House, Zaccios, F!intz and Cafe Carizma in Chattel Village. Couldn't Fault the food in any of them. We did cook breakfast most mornings and dinner on 2 occasions. The supermarket's are near by and it was very easy to get buses or taxis.

We would definately recommend Mangoes to friends, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Grounds were also private for sunbathing. Some friends called over and got so relaxed we had to force ourselves to go to the beach.

Wish it was our home, we really didn't want to leave.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The verandahNoth
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Aug 2016
Hi there,
You make me feel so lucky, owning Mangoes! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay ..... you can always come again! You'd be very welcome.

Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments and confirmation of our lovely home, facilities inside and in the area, brilliant location etc.
Please do recommend us, maybe you could bring friends along with you next time?

Take care both, it has been a pleasure......
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing