“Great place, try the Bento Box”
Review of Nishi Restaurant

Nishi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nishi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Holetown
Price range: USD 45 - USD 60
Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since February 2014 Nishi is under the ownership of Paul Edwards, one of the founders of Nishi and Steve Prebble a UK entrepreneur who lives in Barbados. Nishi incorporates a funky outdoor dining area and bar where you can dine under the stars, air-conditioned dining watching our famous sushi chefs and a private dining area. We are family friendly offering everything from great sushi to homemade British pies and an early evening takeaway service.
Reviewed 12 February 2017

All started with a personal welcome from Paul the owner, then a table upstairs on the front verandah, then great service from attentive staff.

But then the star of the show, the food. Chicken Satay starter an excellent choice, then the Bento Box which if you like Sushi style food, was first class.

Enjoy this lovely venue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Good food and service. Try to get a table outside, which is very pleasant.
Atmosphere spoiled slightly by young "ladies" accompanied by men old enough to be their fathers, who (the "ladies") spend most of their dinner checking their mobile phones. But don't allow this to put you off - possibly par for the course!

1  Thank SBSevenoaks
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Having been to Nishi every time we come to Barbados, we naturally made a reservation and we were promptly shown to our table in the first floor enclosed patio which was very dark and sombre !We wanted to be in the main body of the restaurant and requested a change of table into the main restaurant .We were aware of a distinct change in attitude of the staff !!
However what really upset us was when the dish my wife ordered had changed from the last time she had it in this place and in addition there was very little chicken in the dish ,we did mention this to our waitress, who by the way was lovely, she must have told one the owners Paul who promptly came to the table and was arrogant and gave my wife a dressing down !!
She was very upset and became tearful so without finishing our meal we asked for our check, paid and left very distressed at that attitude
I really don't think we will be returning, which is a shame as on our previous report we could not fault the restaurant and we also recommended it to our friends back in Jersey who also come to the Island frequently

7  Thank Govind4856
Sprebble, Owner at Nishi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Well Mr Govind, we were, given your stance on Friday expecting a poor review from you, but to be honest we are not sure why we were given one star over a chicken dish?
I have spoken to Paul my co-ower,Jade our head chef and the wait staff to ensure I get my facts right.
I understand that you were unhappy with your first seating selection, and understand that people either love or are not comfortable with our romantic balcony area.
Although we were totally full we still managed to jiggle the tables so you could be reseated, you said your waitress was lovely so I am bit confused re the change in attitude?
Regarding the basis of this complaint, The Ginger Chicken, my wife has this dish all the time and confirms as does the chef that the recipe and presentation has remained unchanged since Paul introduced the dish 3 years ago. It has certainly never comprised of a whole chicken breast and the portions are always the same as we have portion control as do most restaurants..
We also always have one of the owners on duty to deal with any issues and Paul was advised that there was a problem with your table.
He promptly attended, explained about the dish in detail, offered to add more chicken and in the end even took the dish off the bill for you!
Your wife seemed fine at this point although we were aware that you were upset about something, Anybody who knows Paul knows he is passionate about Nishi and is always the consummate professional in everything he does so we find the arrogant comment hard to understand.
Your wife on leaving shook Pauls hand and was very civil, it seems you were the one that was upset as you brushed past him and ignored shaking his hand.
Paul and I both love what we do but attitudes like this really make us wonder.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Food was excellent, service and attention were great, overall quaint location, made for super experience!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Arrived a little tired but managed to get a table for four
Ambience was lovely and service was very attentive
Menu was varied so I opted for the fish pie special
To be honest the wife makes a better one and I wish I had chosen the sushi box as it looked great
A bit pricey but good quality