1,774 results
All reviews superior room lunch and dinner glass bottom boat catamaran trip water skiing small hotel cold towels the penthouse rum punch free catamaran street party ocean front waitress service bar staff evening entertainment water sports a la carte
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our 30th Aniversary earlier this year but we only managed to get away as a couple in September. This was our first visit to Barbados and we were not disappointed. Our travel agent daughter recommended this hotel again we were not disappointed. Flights, transfers and hotel booked separately and worked well. We experienced a tropical storm on our first evening which disrupted some things but the staff simply just got on with the job of cleaning up the mess and by lunch time the next day the hotel was back to normal, all credit to the staff.
From the moment of getting off the plane, custom control and baggage clearance was fast, simple and the transfer comfortable. We arrived at the hotel, check was quick , we had originally booked a superior room, but on check in we were advised that we had been upgraded to a deluxe ocean room. Our daughter had advised the hotel of our celebrations, and on our next to last night we came back to the room to find it decorated with flowers, ballones and bottle of champagne and two glasses This made our holiday. Thank you.
The room we were allocated was large, and consisted of large king size bed, separate bathroom, desk and chair, flatscreen tv, plenty of cupboard and storage space, patio doors leading onto a balcony with loungers and table and of course a full ocean view.
We were all inclusive board and the food and selection of drinks was excellent, with a wide choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner, cocktail, beers wines and spirits were good and would be very hard for someone to say there was nothing they liked. The staff from reception, bell boys, bar and front of house, to the maids and cleaning staff. All were friendly and who ever we met went out of their way to assist and please.
Beech vendors we expected to be a problem, and possible concern, but a firm no thank you, they left you alone and was not a problem. The hotel water sports centre offered free glass bottom boat Trip was good and worth trying, also the free catamaran trip was good. Sunday night there is the street party just outside the hotel and was good fun quite safe and entertaining.
We also did our own thing outside the hotel and visited Bridge town using the reggae bus 2$BBDBridge town has something for every one, history, boats, were we shopped in the duty free shops as well as we stumbled across Carlisle beech, a magnificent spans of white sandy beech and a beech restaurant called the Boatyard that offered a complete fun activity program for $50 BBD which you got 40 $ back to spend on food and drink, it also included the use of two sun loungers and umbrella, free use of the water activity equipment of water slides, swings and trampolines. The package also included snorkelling trip to swim with turtles close up and swim over wrecks where the fish were amazing.
Barbados is amazing, the Mango bay hotel is highly recommended for its comfort, cleanliness, good food, friendly staff and a holiday you well never want to end. We are planning next year holiday and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JeffBuxton
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed in August and didn't want to leave.

All the staff from cleaners to bar staff, waiters, receptionist etc were all very welcoming, helpful and friendly. Genuinely and not just because they were paid to be.

Only 2 small problems. Some of the tiles in the swimming pool have in the past come loose and have been re-seated, but are slightly proud and sharp.

The second is the noise from surrounding properties on a Friday Saturday and Sunday night, even though we had read the reviews on here and upgraded to a deluxe room further away. It was a shame one of the local clubs insisted on using a searchlight on its roof, especially as Barbados promotes its dark clear skies for looking at stars.

The food, location and drinks were all of very good quality. The helpfulness of the staff in organising trips was fabulous as were the quality of the firms used. When we decide to go back to the island I know where we will be staying!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Thank you to all the staff at the Mango Bay for giving us a wonderful holiday. From housekeeping, reception, bar, restaurant and management - they were all so friendly, kind and helpful. If you like a smaller more personal hotel for your holiday, plenty of good food with great choice every day and a bar full of good cocktails and premium brand spirits where the staff quickly get to know your names and what drinks you want when they come round the pool with cool towels and take your drink order (thanks Peter) then the Mango Bay on the west coast is for you. We have been to Barbados several times and always stayed in hotels near St Lawrence Gap. This time we stayed west coast and as well as a lovely smaller, more intimate hotel and amazing sunsets we had a very restful holiday. Not sure what it would be like for kids over the summer holidays as we went in September as our kids are much older which we preferred this time. The free watersports are great, including water skiing, hobie cat, catamaran and kayaks. Pool loungers are not allowed to be reserved with towels which was nice and we always got somewhere to sit when we went to the pool. Evening entertainment is ok, local bands singing which were ok for us to sit after dinner and enjoy and we also received lovely dinner tables decorated to celebrate our birthdays/anniversary while we were with them as well as ice buckets with a bottle of bubbles. Our room was also decorated with balloons and banners and a bottle of bubbles which were all really appreciated by us. We defy any visitor not to be made to feel special from the moment they arrive until they leave. The Mango Bay is a little gem on the west coast and nothing was too much trouble for them while we stayed there - we loved it and will be back.

Stayed: September 2018
11  Thank Thecharges
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We returned from a 10 night holiday at Mango Bay a week ago and have already started to plan our return next year! I cannot stress how fantastic this hotel is, perfect location, gorgeous staff, beautiful food... the list goes on. Even with a fussy eater, all food was gorgeous and we always found something we fancied. What really makes this hotel special is the staff, every single member that we came across were truly spectacular and went out of their way to make us feel like family - nothing was too much hassle. Most even took the time to learn our names, which was lovely. I celebrated my birthday whilst in the hotel, and they went above and beyond, they decorated our room, decorated my table at meals and brought me out a cake and card from the staff. Special mentions to Omar, Rondel and Ronald in the bar, Peter on the beach, Hermione on reception, Pedro, Tre and Joycelyn in the restaurant. This is just the names we can remember! We will be back next year - hopefully for 2 weeks! Thank you so much to every single person in that gorgeous hotel for making our holiday the best ever, and we cannot wait to see you all again next year!

Emily and Dave, Room 106 x

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank emilywestmore
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I wanted to like this place. I stayed here in Feb. 2018, party of one. This was the second half of my first Barbados visit. I stayed at a 3 star hotel in Hastings for the first 5 days and at Mango Bay for another 5 days. Let me just say that I had a 5 star visit at the first hotel...I had butterflies with anticipation heading over to the West Coast, thinking, if I had such a great time at the first (modest) place, this is going to be amazing. It wasn't. Check in was fine and the staff were very professional and thorough with the rules. The resort is small which is fine with me. The beach was terribly small with a small area roped off for swimming. Immediately they wanted to know at what time I would be having dinner. At breakfast every day they wanted to know what time you would be having lunch and dinner. Part of the beauty of being on vacation is not planning everything, but I played along for the first few days. The food was not great. Breakfast was more than adequate, the usual suspects. But lunch and dinner were hit or miss and after the second day I went out to local restaurants for dinner (insult + injury-- I paid over $450 a night for this AI). At one meal I had coconut shrimp which tasted neither like coconut or shrimp, just like fried rocks. What really bothered me was that each time I went to the restaurant at the reserved time the hostess would say, "Just one?" Yes, just one. Then I would be seated and the bus person pouring the water would say, "Just one?" Yes, I am on vacation by myself. The next day, Just one? Yes, one is enough. Just one? Yes, I am on vacation with my favorite person- myself. I noticed that when I went in and out of the reception area no one greeted me ever. I am a friendly person who vacations alone and I felt unwanted. This was a real burn since this resort cost TWICE as much as the first hotel. My room was directly across from the bar and I was subjected to loud drunken revelry till after midnight. The TV had very few channels (not as many as the 3 star hotel I had just left) - sports and news...there was another school shooting so the news was all that and the sports. TV is not the focus of my vacations but sometimes you need to get out of the sun, etc. The spa was great, the ladies were so lovely and I had one of the best massages I've ever had there. Most of the staff was great but they were not all friendly...I am the type of person who will say Good Morning to the housekeepers and grounds people but mostly they would avert their eyes. All in all, I felt ripped off, especially since it cost twice as much as the first place I stayed where I had a blast. The West Coast was fine, great restaurants and shopping. I will skip it next time. Lesson learned-- I am not an AI person and expensive is not always better. I just booked 10 days next Feb. at the other hotel in Hastings.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo