2,428 results
All reviews palapa bar steve mcqueen international buffet west end full kitchen through vrbo fish the general manager activities director water taxi the security guard washer and dryer dive shop bedroom villa all inclusive package all inclusive plan buffet restaurant
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great location and beach access. Friendly staff and housekeeping. Condo rooms with 2 flat screens and well appointed kitchen.

Only downside is the lack of elevators to the upper floors. The views and balconies might be nice for the younger guests. This healthy senior would not have been happy on any floor but the ground level. Pool and dining are close and at your close proximity.

Would give the resort high marks. The dive shop tries to fit 2 quarts into a 1 pint boat. Crowded and scripted dive sights. Advanced divers might think twice about this operation. You might end up on a boat and grouped with beginners limited to 60feet. I did and was not happy. Too bad was the response.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank XRAYColorado
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear XRAYColorado,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay at our resort. We are very happy to hear that our facilities and service were of your total satisfaction.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you had with the dive shop.

We hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday - thanks to the wonderful staff at Infinity Bay Spa Resort - the staff are amazing! A SPECIAL shout out to Belky and Lea for going above and beyond with their customer satisfaction - they made our holiday even better!!! Worked with us to resolve a room issue - thanks so much girls - you are both super stars in our eyes!!! Will come back because of the great staff and beautiful beach! Thanks Belky & Lea! xoxo

Room tip: We went during Samana Santa - it was crazy busy and loud but surprisingly fun!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien H

Dear Vivien H,

We will congratulate Belky and Lea for their great service and attention to details.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at this resort with three other couples in celebration of my cousin’s 40th birthday. Here are some of the issues we encountered:

All-Inclusive Option: So, the first thing that I found annoying is the place has levels of “all-inclusiveness”, something I was unfamiliar with until arriving here. I saw a few different band colors, with 3 apparent levels. We paid for the “regular” all-inclusive (assuming red band was “regular”,) which included food at the buffet and local beers and liquor. We were misled by front desk personnel, mistakenly thinking Nicaraguan rum would count as domestic; this was clarified when we reached the pool bar. The premium gold bracelet, super all-inclusive was an extra US$70 per person per day, which got you all premium beers and liquors, along with food from the poolside bar, which is the hangout place and convenient. We passed on this, just seemed like a bit much for what we’d get, opting to either take the walk up to the buffet or just paying for snacks/lunch at pool. I will note the prices for drinks and food at bar were very reasonable.

Wi-Fi: Another issue encountered was faulty room Wi-Fi during our entire stay. I requested to have it checked out in 3 separate occasions (the second visit from IT came knocking at our room at 805am,) but unfortunately it never got resolved so we gave up.

Rooms Keys: OMG, this was a bit annoying. They worked fine one day maybe, then after that we had to keep going to the front desk to have them reset. I also heard another couple outside our group with the same issue.

Room Service: A cake was ordered for the birthday girl for a 7pm delivery time (ordered around noon time and we were told it could be delivered by then.) The cake was brought to the room at 11p and not the agreed upon time.

Housekeeping: On our last night, guess what they have a shortage of? TOWELS! Yes, I’ll say it again, a shortage. We got back to the room and found one towel for the both of us. And it wasn’t their “best” towel.

Now for the good part! Besides all of the issues and nuances mentioned above, we had a great time. This is a small property well kept. We loved the bar and the pool was super nice. The beach was also beautiful and clean.

Service staff was great as well. A big shout-out to Wilmer/Nacho, Ziggy aka Sexy, Stephanie and Carlos at the pool bar and Kerisha who was usually in the buffet area, they went above and beyond. These guys made our annoyance disappear with their attentiveness, service and smiles, making our stay enjoyable throughout. Keep the good work ladies and gentlemen.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank ArbyG828
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Alberto,

Thank you very much for choosing Infinity bay for your vacation and your cousins birthday celebration. There are many destinations that you can choose and we´re honored for to have hosted you and your family.

We can assure you there was no intentional misleading of the all-inclusive information. It appears that there may have been a miscommunication during your arrival experience which could have been resolved immediately if we would have known of your dissatisfaction. The red-band (standard plan) includes three meals per day in the our buffet restaurant with some ala carte options at the beach grill. In addition, all local beers and standard liquors are included from 7AM till midnight. The gold-band (premium plan) includes everything mentioned plus unlimited ala carte access on the beach and premium beverages.

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations and hope you decide to return and give us an opportunity to provide an outstanding experience. We have reviewed your commentary at last staff meeting. The staff was very happy to hear of your satisfaction with services.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have reviewed Infinity Bay before and rated it 5 stars. Even though my March 2018 visit did not go as smoothly as previous visits, I still stand by that rating. Please read to the end so that you get the whole story.

Due to some unfortunate events that occured, we were moved 3 times during a 7 day visit. Let me preface my comments with I had thought I had arranged my visit to stay in particular condo. The person I worked with left the organization the day before I arrived. I was told two days prior to my visit that there was no room for me on the first night of my stay. After almost 24 hours of panic, I found a private owner that had guest leaving on Saturday and new guest not arriving till Sunday. After much communication via VRBO he agreed and sent me to IB as they handle the rental. When I contacted IB I was told there were no rooms available. I later found out that they would not normally do a one night rental inbetween guest. Back to the private owner again who made a couple of phone calls (from the US) and straightened everything out so we were allowed to stay. The cost was great due to the season but my choices were almost zero. I visited two weeks before Easter so everything on the island was full. So, after staying our first night I went to the front desk to check out and move to the condo I thought I had arranged. I was told I was going to a different one that was far away from my chosen location and on the forth floor. Again, I was disappointed and nearly in tears but in the end I actually felt sorry for the nice attendant at the front desk who sincerely tried to help me. Apparently my story sounded sad to her because even as busy as she was she made numerous calls trying to help me. Totally agravated we made our way to the 4th floor. Trying to remain positive, I realized the stairs were not as big of an issue as I orginally thought they would be for someone with a bad hip. The room was nice as well and was unique with a loft which I had never seen before. Later in that night I heard a knock on the door. It was an employee with new wristbands and also a plate of lovely fruit. One the owners was made aware of my misfortune and even though there was no room in the inn (lol) he arranged for an upgrade to our package and a peace offering for all our trouble. As the owner of multiple businesses I really appreciated the effort. On the third day we did not get the condo requested but they did shuffle things around to get it close to the area as they could. They managed to make Lemonade out of my lemons.

The moral to this long story is sometimes things happen. Sometimes you have no control of what is happening. Sometimes you have to make the best of your current situation. All these things happened to me, but along the way I met some wonderful people that work at Infinity Bay. They went out of their way to make up for my misfortune. They called me by name as I passed them later in the week. They made me smile everyday. How could you not be happy when you were looking at the wonderful surroundings.

My circumstances are not the norm for IB. I have stayed with them three times and the other times were without incident. My problems were caused by possibly a lack of communication between departments but most likely from the person that no longer worked there dropping the ball. This was no fault of all others working at Infinity Bay. I tried my best to keep my chin up and in the end we had a wonderful visit to Roatan. I have many friends there and if all else failed I could have stayed with them, but IB is such a lovely place and a peaceful environment I am glad I chose to complete my stay with them.

A special thanks to Rick Kolinsky who I know played a part in working out the details for me. I had hoped to thank him personally. And especially to the young man (tall with glasses) employee that moved our luggage 4 times !!! I wished I remembered his name. Not only did we have luggage for three, we had three additional luggage with supplies for our local school. He never complained and always had a smile on his face.

Room tip: All rooms are good it just depends on what you are looking for. There are no bad rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Montana8500
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Montana8500,

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your precious time to let us know about your recent stay with us, we highly appreciate your preference. I am so sorry for all the inconveniences experienced. We hope you decide to visit us again and give us the opportunity to provide the Ib experience that you enjoyed on your previous visits.

We will congratulate George (the young man with glasses) for his great service.

It would be a pleasure to host you gain!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went 3/19 - 3/26/18 room was great originally given a 2 bed 2 bath but because of health issues could not do the 3 flights of stairs When I explained the situation to the front desk they went out of their way to get me a 1 st floor unit. Only one bedroom and bath but since it was only my husband and myself this was not a problem. The room was great. Large full kitchen sitting room and great patio. Service was excellent location great. Will be back hopefully for 2 weeks next time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear jeanmhar,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write a review about your stay at our resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding the service provided.

We are delighted to know that our facilities were of your total satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.