“Been going here for several years and love it!”

Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a great little resort that is on the best beach on the Island! The Bar and wait staff is very friendly and the food and drinks are great and priced right! I cannot say enough about the Mgmt. staff.....Guy,Cori,Jonie, and Ricardo..are INCREDIBLE people I consider them as my family on the island and would trust them with everything I own and cherish..... and that's hard to find in a 3rd world country. The water out front is flat about 90% of the time, the snorkling is great and the shore diving is even better! I recommend this resort 100%

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy-Kerri B

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hubby and I were on a cruise and we decided to book the Bananarama beach day.Our package included the drive to and from, a beach chair for the day, a drink and snorkel equip for 2 hrs. It was well worth the price, they are professional and we had wonderful snorkeling in West Bay! It was like swimming in big fish tank, many different beautiful fish and coral to see!
Bring a water camera, you'll love it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isismommy
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Best place to stay on the beach, in the middle of all the action. Great entertainment nightly along with a great staff of employees. We just came back from 8 days staying in Owners Villa #29, our housekeeper Sonia was the best, always kept our villa sparkling and when she left there was a fresh aroma of just being cleaned and she always did her work with a smile, the waiters/waitress in the Thirsty Turtle always took care of whatever we ordered and were always laughing and smiling day and night. The resort is a rustic setting, very well kept up with lots of trees, it is absolutely beautiful. There was always someplace to get some sun and if you are like me, there was always a shady area under the coconut trees and seagrapes, to not get sunburn. The two security guards during the day always made us feel welcome and gave advise for any questions we had.
There are not many places I can say this for in my travels, but you can take a walk up and down the beach area during sunset and well into the evening and felt safe. West Bay Beach is the area I would recommend to stay and Bananarama/Island Pearl is the place to stay at, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: if you are two couples - or a family, stay in Owners Villa - it is best - view of beach area from 2n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa H
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a great time at the resort. While diving there, we took an Advance Open Course. The dive masters are extremely professionnal and friendly. Thank you very much Marco! We just wished we could have extended our stay. One week is too short. Special thanks also to Sheena and Jessica at the restaurant, your kindness and your smiles were very much appreciated. We do intend to return.

Room Tip: Room #24 and 25 have the best view and location.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Estafette
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My spouse and I just returned from a week at Bananarama.

When we arrived at the airport, there was no transportation arranged for us as per previous agreement. We were informed that we had neglected to inform them of arrival date/time; however, when I looked at I looked at my emails, I notice that they responded to an email that duly specified date and time -it was also the only time that a flight from Toronto arrived on the island -duh.

My spouse had a 'snorkel package' while I was diving. Unfortunately, there was no organized snorkelling from the resort nor were there any automatic connections offered for other local services. Being a newcomer to Roatan, this made it difficult for my spouse to find an enjoyable snorkelling experience.

There were at least two dive guides who surpassed my previous experience of the knowledge of locations and support for divers at various levels of comfort with the sport. They were friendly and perceptive. One guide gave me specific support in maximizing my buoyancy and was able to fine tune his instruction. THANKS. They were also able to accommodate with nitrox and excellent care of guests' dive gear at the Dive centre.

The food at the resort was limited but some of the dishes were excellent. Some were not; cold cereal with fruit don't make it at a resort and there was only limited choice at breakfast. Wait staff were friendly and very pleasant.

Overall, I would most certainly recommend the Dive Centre.

Room Tip: The resort itself is densely packed into a small area and wherever one was, noise might be a problem...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
0.5 km away
Foster's West Bay
Foster's West Bay
#8 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!