“Outstanding quality!”
Review of The Junction Inn

The Junction Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Denshaw
Price range: USD 4 - USD 23
Description: ** UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT ** Family run local pub serving homemade food, freshly prepared to order. Daily specials available. Caters to families, large groups, children and more. All welcome! Food served: Monday - Kitchen Closed Tuesday - 12:00 - 20:00 Wednesday - 12:00 - 20:00 Thursday - 12:00 - 20:00 Friday - 12:00 - 20:00 Saturday - 12:00 - 20:00 Sunday - 12:00 - 19:00
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch on Saturday and we loved the high-quality food and service.
The steak and ale pie was the best we have ever had.
The junction is now out favourite restaurant!

1  Thank susan m

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. The food is absolutely amazing. Just had Sunday dinner and it’s huge. Gorgeous pub great staff and big high five to the chef.

1  Thank Wendy K
Reviewed 16 August 2018

The Junction Inn has been completely refurbished since I was last in it. I found it welcoming, warm and comfortable. We had a meal and the service was great. We were served by the landlady who did a great job. We did not have to wait long for our meal and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. I had stuffed chicken and it was just gorgeous.

1  Thank rosejohns2ne
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Travelling back from the 1940's weekend in Uppermill and we'd passed this on our way in..... Was attracted by the quirky scarecrows outside and the splendid hanging baskets, AND it's dog friendly, so ticked all the boxes !!
Very pleasant welcome and couldn't fault the overall Customer Service or the Value for Money food..... can't comment on the beers as I was driving so didn't partake.
The food was tasty and plentiful and the sharing boards are a great idea.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Hi,

We came for lunch today with some friends that are over from Australia. We took them to the Junction as we normally receive great customer service and the food has always been great but I’ve come away feeling pretty disappointed both with the food and the service. I had the fish and chips. The chips didn’t seem fresh - almost like they’d been fried left to cool and then re-fried they were tough and chewy. I left most of mine but didn’t mention it to our waitress as I didn’t want to make a fuss. I ordered the Eton meringue stack for dessert and I as soon as I’d hd the first mouthful I knew something tasted off, it tasted cheesy! I smelt just the cream and it definitely smelt off. I asked my other half to try it and he confirmed it so I had to send it back. What really got to me was when the waitress brought me a fresh dessert with new cream, there was no apology but instead she actually said “the chef said there was nothing wrong with the cream but he’s made you a new one anyway” - I don’t like to make a fuss but I know when cream is off and pretty sure my other half who is a chef himself would be able to detect off cream.

I don’t typically write reviews but it’s been playing on my mind and also since the chef doesn’t believe the cream he has is off I wanted to let you know in case you need to check to avoid any more complaints

Thanks.