“Lovely Saturday tea time meal.......”
Review of The Junction Inn

The Junction Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Denshaw
Price range: USD 4 - USD 23
Description: ** UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT ** Family run local pub serving homemade food, freshly prepared to order. Daily specials available. Caters to families, large groups, children and more. All welcome! Food served: Monday - Kitchen Closed Tuesday - 12:00 - 20:00 Wednesday - 12:00 - 20:00 Thursday - 12:00 - 20:00 Friday - 12:00 - 20:00 Saturday - 12:00 - 20:00 Sunday - 12:00 - 19:00
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Travelling back from the 1940's weekend in Uppermill and we'd passed this on our way in..... Was attracted by the quirky scarecrows outside and the splendid hanging baskets, AND it's dog friendly, so ticked all the boxes !!
Very pleasant welcome and couldn't fault the overall Customer Service or the Value for Money food..... can't comment on the beers as I was driving so didn't partake.
The food was tasty and plentiful and the sharing boards are a great idea.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Hi,

We came for lunch today with some friends that are over from Australia. We took them to the Junction as we normally receive great customer service and the food has always been great but I’ve come away feeling pretty disappointed both with the food and the service. I had the fish and chips. The chips didn’t seem fresh - almost like they’d been fried left to cool and then re-fried they were tough and chewy. I left most of mine but didn’t mention it to our waitress as I didn’t want to make a fuss. I ordered the Eton meringue stack for dessert and I as soon as I’d hd the first mouthful I knew something tasted off, it tasted cheesy! I smelt just the cream and it definitely smelt off. I asked my other half to try it and he confirmed it so I had to send it back. What really got to me was when the waitress brought me a fresh dessert with new cream, there was no apology but instead she actually said “the chef said there was nothing wrong with the cream but he’s made you a new one anyway” - I don’t like to make a fuss but I know when cream is off and pretty sure my other half who is a chef himself would be able to detect off cream.

I don’t typically write reviews but it’s been playing on my mind and also since the chef doesn’t believe the cream he has is off I wanted to let you know in case you need to check to avoid any more complaints

Thanks.

8  Thank Anna F
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We live local and turned up without a booking. The land lady was rude beyond belief. She barked it will be a 40 minute wait, when I said that’s fine she looked disappointed. We got charged with the wrong bill (£100 extra) and when we went to sort it out they made us feel like we were the problem !! The waiting staff are lovely but the land lord and so called lady let the place down. We will never take friends there again.

5  Thank 584mortons
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My and my fella came here today for dinner for a change , the food was terrible I has the prawn starter, there was hardly and prawns more sause , my fella had leek and potato soup, it was so bland he had to put this own seasoning in to it, for main I had scampi with fries and mushy peas I was very disappointed the scampy was soggy as the were frozen the fries were frozen, the peas were tasteless, only 2 teaspoons amount, my fella has the leek sausage with mash and gravy ,the mash was thick and tasteless the only thing nice was the sausage and the drinks are expensive as well defienly won't be going again, the waitress was lovely that is about it definitely won't be recommending

3  Thank Michaela Y
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Booked to go last Saturday pub was busy so you need to book. Menu varied Mrs had fish and chips I had haddock, mash with mustard dressing - no complaints from us. reasonable prices- will return

1  Thank PhilUpNorth