“Fun excursion from Playa Flamingo”

The Congo Trail Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Congo Trail Canopy tour is Guanacaste Costa Rica's most well known Canopy Zip-Line Experience. Try the original or the extreme canopy tour or try our horseback riding followed by a visit to our well known monkey sanctuary. We also have ATV tours and other activities available. You can chat with our English speaking representatives by phone or email or book your activity directly on our website. We also have other activities available for you to participate in from day trips to jet skis so please contact us if you have any questions.
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Super fun activity with kids provided a nice break from the beach. Saw lots of cool animals ... kids loved the monkeys ... and the horseback ride was fun, too. The staff was exceptional.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"felt very safe"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It was a blessed miracle that they got my 9 year old, previously afraid of heights and roller coasters, to get up into the canopies and ride the ziplines like a pro. My whole family had a great time, but I was very much fearing having to put on my most convincing performance and begging him to go. But they were pros who have dealt with the height-timid before. In seconds, I still don't know how they did it, they had him harnessed in and zooming down the line like it was nothing.

I loved the ziplining, but I equally loved all of the creatures we saw as well: monkeys, cool insects, beautiful birds, and iguanas as big as small gators.

I'd do it again in a second - but this time, upside down like my wife and son did!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Our tour began with zip lining. My 11 year old was terrified and the woman at the reception stated that she could stay with her, but I really wanted her to go, so we did. The tour guides we had put her at ease and both my 7 and 11 year old daughters had a guide to go with. They were so much fun, we all felt safe. It was a wonderful first time zip lining experience. We actually saw white faced monkeys on the trails. Then we went into the monkey area. The gentleman in there was feeding the monkeys and let us watch and then at the end let us feed the monkeys through the fence lychee fruit. That was a really fun experience. After that, we went and had a snack, then went horseback riding. It was a pretty long trail. We had a nice ride and then headed back to the area. They have lockers for your items. Everyone at the facility was more than friendly. I would highly recommend this tour for families.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This place was easy to find and very affordable. Due to the low price, we were worried that it would not be a long or fun zip line... but our worries were not needed! The zip lines were very fun and it took about 2 hours to complete... if you had a solo/private tour, it would maybe be 1 hour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Costa Rica last week for spring break with our teenage kids. We did an ATV trail tour and zip lining with the Congo trail group. Carlos & Luis we’re our guides. My niece and I were scared (very) and they were fabulous with us. If it wasn’t for Luis I wouldn’t have gone - seriously. The tours were about 2 hours each and made our entire trip! We had a private tour which is definitely worth it because we were 7 people. The bbq after was great!! Delicious. Highly recommend