“Avoid this zip lining tour”

The Congo Trail Canopy Tour
Canopy Tour From Tamarindo
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Congo Trail Canopy tour is Guanacaste Costa Rica's most well known Canopy Zip-Line Experience. Try the original or the extreme canopy tour or try our horseback riding followed by a visit to our well known monkey sanctuary. We also have ATV tours and other activities available. You can chat with our English speaking representatives by phone or email or book your activity directly on our website. We also have other activities available for you to participate in from day trips to jet skis so please contact us if you have any questions.
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My hair was tied up but outside of my helmet before we ziplined and since no instructor advised on putting my hair inside the helmet it was caught on the zipline and burned off a lot of hair and yanked my neck into the zipline and burned my neck. I was given back my $28 and they wouldn’t offer to pay for the rest of experience (gas I paid for the driver which was also $28) and told me I should have known of all the dangers and taken my own precaution. I had no idea I have never ziplined before.

1  Thank Valerie A
in 15 reviews
"felt very safe"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 12 March 2018

If you like your adrenalin to come thick and fast then this is a wonderful place to start. They have the "standard" canopy tour which consists of 11 individual, conventional zip lines that take you through the main canopy and includes wobbly suspension bridges in between some of them which makes life more interesting. There is also a much more extreme version of lines available which is very popular. For those that lose their nerves there are a small number of points along the way where you can "break" the journey and return to Terra Firma but the guides were very good at helping you feel safe even when scared and can actually zip with you if required so you get double the safety lines as well as the confidence of an expert if you need it. A great few hours.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We did not know what to expect until we arrived and found that from the time we drove into the park until we left it was terrific! The guides were so friendly and knowledgeable and helpful! We had some concerns about my 75 year old father in law wanting to go zip lining, that was no problem with the help of the awesome guides! Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The staff made me feel comfortable as I was a little nervous. I had a hard time staying up straight, so they added an extra stap so I would stay upright. made all the difference for an enjoyable time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018

As a 60 year old who has never zip lined in her life I was very nervous. I needn't have worried. The staff and equipment are very professional and well organised. They were so helpful and reassuring at each stage. We did all 11 zip lines and were up with the lizards and howler monkeys at one point. There is plenty of fresh water on hand at different stages and plenty of shade whilst you are waiting. Everyone is friendly and you can have photos printed or a CD including videos. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this experience. The toilets were very clean and there is a large shop. We were collected from our hotel at Playa Protero and it took about 40 minutes on a bumpy road but it was worth it.