“takeaway ”

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Sedgefield
Price range: USD 21 - USD 35
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Ministers nestled in the picturesque village of Sedgefield and overlooks the quintessentially English village green and St Edmonds Church which are both steeped in history. Our first class service, fine wines and exclusive menu combined with warm relaxing atmosphere is something we very much pride ourselves on and this has helped establish us one of the finest Indian restaurant in the region.Don't just take our word for it .....Come and enjoy Ministers exquisite cuisine, sumptuous restaurant and quality service for yourself. WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU SOON!
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

ordered a very nice chicken shashlik plently of chicken and grilled veg lovely!
definitely can't wait to return.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

My partner and I took granddaughters to this recommended Indian restaurant as a treat . Totally disappointed.......we had to order poppadoms and pickles at a cost of 75p per poppadom , we get all poppadoms and pickle free at our usual Indian restaurant !!!
We ordered our meals , girls got Korma which I know is mild but theirs was bland and just warm , I ordered pasanda and my partner ordered Nawbi ...house specialty. All tasted the same , bland !! The rice came on a small plate , nothing special at all and just warm . Naan bread was the highlight of the meal .
Would not ever go back , totally disappointed.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Staff aren't the most welcoming and seem to see a table of 10 in their 20's as an inconvenience all ordering 3 courses!! Food is very hit and miss sometimes it's good othertimes it's horrendous. We've even been sent the wrong dish out and had to wait another 20 minutes for the correct one to come out.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I'd like to start by saying I have visited Ministers many times (no less than 7) in the last 5 or 6 years and I have had some great meals here, which makes me surprised to have to write a negative review (having previously wrote a positive one).

Firstly, I would like to start with the positives. The staff are always very pleasant, polite and attentive which creates quite a nice atmosphere. There is plenty of choice on the menu in regards to food and drink. On this occasion, the food actually tasted really nice (chicken and mushroom roll to start, chicken tikka makhoni for main). From our group of 7, everyone had positive comments towards the taste of their food with the group trying a mix of hot and mild curries. However, the food was not all that it seemed.

Unfortunately, 4/7 of our family fell ill between arriving home and early afternoon of the following day, with 3 actually vomiting. This was the first time I've vomited from food in as long as I remember and it left me with stomach cramps all through the night. This is not the first time I have had stomach cramps after eating at ministers, but its never been this severe before. Just to put it into perspective the 4 of us had a range of different curries, something seriously wrong there. Really ruined our night (and following day).

I find this a real shame having had some good experiences at ministers but I won't be in a rush to go back after that.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Called in on mothering sunday night with no booking not a problem very pleasant staff and had a really good nicely presented meal many thanks.